New World

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Didnt you play a part in EQ's design? :p

He designed EQ2's linked mobs, the shared group exp debt, and also designed those little shitty subscription cards that fall out of magazines.

• 1Barf
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
my strategy is don't go to a cool name server and don't go to a shit tier named server. and avoid these - Streamers on New World

I was on Vingolf last beta because.... I like golf, so theres that.

EDIT: not 100% sure how accurate that link will stand up to be over time FYI

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah Valhalla seems like a no go, its where JoshOG and all the other faggots ended up.

So is someone gonna pick a FOH server here or am I going solo in my pick?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my strategy is don't go to a cool name server and don't go to a shit tier named server.

and avoid these - Streamers on New World

Interesting. I plan to do US west because I feel like ping in this type of game is important. Good to see almost all the streamers going east. Though only few you really have to worry about in terms of a zerg following, all the nobody streamers will barely impact the server.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
my strategy is don't go to a cool name server and don't go to a shit tier named server. and avoid these - Streamers on New World

I was on Vingolf last beta because.... I like golf, so theres that.

EDIT: not 100% sure how accurate that link will stand up to be over time FYI
Exactly the best strategy. If the name is too stupid and too complicated, the server will be dead, but if it's too easy and too well known, it'll be cancer. You have to find something in the middle. Although thankfully it looks like Amazon is on top of server migration and will be swift with it if population becomes an issue. I hope they do a good job with it, because it could be a serious issue with factions. Honestly it kind of surprises me that it seems? like devs don't realize that server names play a huge role in popularity. naming something with 8 syllables = dead server. naming something Odin = overpopulated.

Playing on a streamer server, particularly a big streamer server, sounds so awful. All these little weirdos obsessed with another person and sending them mats and doing their bidding and following them around and spamming chat with stuff about them.. gross. And then all the haters that do the same thing, but on the other end, ick.

Play on an average server for the win.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Exactly the best strategy. If the name is too stupid and too complicated, the server will be dead, but if it's too easy and too well known, it'll be cancer. You have to find something in the middle. Although thankfully it looks like Amazon is on top of server migration and will be swift with it if population becomes an issue. I hope they do a good job with it, because it could be a serious issue with factions. Honestly it kind of surprises me that it seems? like devs don't realize that server names play a huge role in popularity. naming something with 8 syllables = dead server. naming something Odin = overpopulated.

Playing on a streamer server, particularly a big streamer server, sounds so awful. All these little weirdos obsessed with another person and sending them mats and doing their bidding and following them around and spamming chat with stuff about them.. gross. And then all the haters that do the same thing, but on the other end, ick.

Play on an average server for the win.

Yeah in a game like this, a huge streamer would get annoying fast. A big majority will all swamp to their faction, and follow that person around in a huge 50+ person ball. So basically if you flag, you either pray you are on their side or that ball never gets near you.

Going against little casual streamers could be fun though. Nothing like killing someone handily while their audience watches.

• 2Worf

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Interesting. I plan to do US west because I feel like ping in this type of game is important. Good to see almost all the streamers going east. Though only few you really have to worry about in terms of a zerg following, all the nobody streamers will barely impact the server.
I'm 13ms to NAEAST in beta :emoji_muscle:

I definitely want to be on a populated server, I'm just not down to deal with the bullshit as much at least after the initial rush, when I want to play and have a chance - I want to be able to play.

Xerge

<Donor>
Pre download confirmed for Monday at 8/11am. Would be cool if they did a midnight launch but I expect servers to open early Tuesday

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Theres been rumors of it, but I doubt it'll happen. All launches have been slated for 10am est before this with the last one going two hours early at 8.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does that seem low? I feel like 3000 was kind of the normal number allowed for a server in an MMO. I guess not.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the thought was 3000 total 1000-1500 concurrent in other past mmos before WOWs mega server bullshit. But if you look at a game like EQ or WOW compared to this one, the world is considerably smaller. But yeah, 1K seems low for whatever reason, lol.

Last edited:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
1,000 seems super small? Is that an error or a mistranslation or something?
They were keeping it at 500 before. 500 CCU seems like a grand mistake, but 1000 isn't much better.

Hopefully that's a community manager fucksie wucksie, and we end up with the 10,000 that Amazon originally wanted.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
*Foler is leading yall off a cliff on the na east sever Ys
*Valhalla, Olympus, Eden and Ys are main na east servers
*Valhalla is an unoffical pvp server
*I'm rolling on na west El Dorado to bully a youtuber

El Dorado it is!

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
You want a dead server, head to Lilliput. No one appreciates satire anymore.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
1k players at launch farming up the mats is going to make shit horrible, I don't want 3x that number at the beginning.

• 1Like