New World

Cybsled

This line stood out to me in their latest attempt at damage control

We are also monitoring orb creation and usage in Expeditions.

Translation: People aren't running dungeons and we are too arrogant to admit our dumb fucking orb system as it exists is an abject failure, so we are still trying to think of a change that will allow us to save face

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
This line stood out to me in their latest attempt at damage control

Translation: People aren't running dungeons and we are too arrogant to admit our dumb fucking orb system as it exists is an abject failure, so we are still trying to think of a change that will allow us to save face
Yeah, pretty much. They must see a bunch of accounts like mine, with over 500 hours, tons of other achievements that only 1% of the playerbase have, and yet I've never stepped foot in any 60 dungeon or arena.

The dungeon meta is already shaping out. Everyone has to pay about 2k to get in, and then there's no guarantee you make it through, particularly after they made them harder in the most recent patch. If one of those people decides to give up after a couple of wipes, you're SOL, you've lost your money. And all that is only after you've maxed your watermark, if you don't want to waste your time/money. If you weren't one of the people that took advantage of newbs that got to 60 and wasted their orb and joined their group, you're sol. So few people want to even bother.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Come on, don't spread misinformation. That post is a month old ffs

RobXIII RobXIII Mahes Mahes Are you two just that fucking dense?

Good to hear they fixed it, only took them almost 2 months?

The orb system sucks. I actually enjoy a well made keying system for dungeons, but making it a 1 time use is just bad design.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I'm normally one who loathes people who quit and then just whine about why they quit on forums, but since this game doesn't have a monthly sub to hit them in their pocketbook by quitting, yet for some reason has whiteknight's cheerleading the fuck out of it, then yeah, by all means shit up every goddamn online avenue about how fucked this game is.

The team has no MMO experience and that was fine when they were making an offline/online public/private server survival game. Half way through they were told to make it an MMO and didn't understand/didn't have the time to redesign their server architecture to support an MMO and this is the garbage we got.

Every single "exploit" in this game's extensive list of exploits in its ridiculously short history is based on Client side authority. Client lag/disconnected? Congrats you are invincible because the server trusts the client on your position in the game world and the client isn't responding. Post something on the trading post. Turn on Airplane mode. cancel your sell order. turn wifi back on. Congrats you just duped that item. repeat a million times. Oh fuck lets just disable all player wealth transfers for 3 days until we figure this the fuck out. Funny how they had a button ready to go to disable all wealth transfers (including paying rent, lol. Obviously they just changed everyone's flag from public to private mode, remnants of their survival game roots) but didn't have server merges figured out? Even though they explicitly stated with their world/world set architecture each world set named the way it was because it was designed to be merged.

Oh and instead of taking the time to fix the CSA they just add a couple of lines to check and see if the client remembers that you canceled the sell order if the server doesn't, and that's all they changed, no forethought given on what other systems can be exploited this way. Hey what else works exactly the same way? oh cool housing items. Place Trophy. turn on airplane mode. retrieve trophy to your inventory. turn off airplane mode. yep duped major luck trophy. repeat ad nauseum. Alright well just disable all trading again, fucking over the entire player base 2 weeks after the last time we did it. Oh shit, the entire housing/decoration module is client side, can't just add a couple of lines of code to check server vs client on this one? Ah fuck it just disable housing entirely, we'll figure it out eventually.

But the icing on the cake is when they post a god damn dev blog explicitly denying how badly they fucked up and insisting that the game isn't client side authoritive, when clearly it is. I mean a little dishonestly is to be expected in this genre, especially from smug ass faggots like these devs; downplaying nerfs, claiming your undocumented changes which didn't work out were unintended "bugs", pretending to read feedback/test things before implementing them. But CSA? lying about not automated banning/suspensions? Guess Amazon got some washington post "journalists" to write their dev blogs for them the way they straight up fake news'ing over here.

Either this entire team is completely incompetent or this game released in maintenance mode with minimal dev support and interns have been doing all the post launch changes. Either way it's embarrassing.

But honestly what did we expect?

TLDR:
It's a brand new game without a real cash shop to hook whales, that launched at a $40 price tag. that shit should of been red flags to everyone. It's not "cheaper" or f2p because of cash shop selling cosmetics, shit was discounted from the get go. They charged 2/3 regular price because it's only 2/3 of a game.

plenty of games have had shitty launches and eventually got better with fixes, looking at you cyberpunk. And plenty of games launched great and were destroyed by developers fucking shit up, looking at you Outriders. But I can't remember a time when a game launched broken and got worse every time the dev's touched it. Congrats AGS your game is a combination of the worst possibilities. Cyberpunk launch with outrider's patches.

Last edited:
  • 7Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Terial

Trakanon Raider
the fact that I can't do a fucking dungeon without randos is idiotic. It's a bottle neck for people that play mostly solo or duo with a friend.
The main story at this point needs me to go into a dungeon that i could probably solo by now, but I can't get in because there is a shit population and my friend and I duo these games. So instead I just run around and do stupid fetch quests. What stupid design idea was it to say... 'hey! lets lock dungeons to make people talk more'. Why not have a cap on a dungeon instead of a min party requirements.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Always found Peon to be pretty even-handed with his reviews. No idea if this is accurate of course since I haven't played the game.
LMAO at his intro to the CONS section. His pinned first comment also relevant.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Seems like a pretty fair assessment.

Essentially, the bones are there for a good game (ignoring that the "bones" includes the client side authority coding which is essentially unfixable and breaks everything), but the developers can't stop stepping on their own dicks and ruined everything. The entire game would need a massive rebalancing pass.

I think it'd be salvageable, but the amount of things that need changing literally requires a complete redesign of almost everything. It'd be an FFXIV type remake of the game, and I don't see AGS doing that.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fuzzynutts

Lord Nagafen Raider
As this thread falls down the page im considering leaving the game for good. Anyone else agree? Is it too late to get steam to refund us because of all the crap the devs have pulled the last 2 weeks?

• 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As this thread falls down the page im considering leaving the game for good. Anyone else agree? Is it too late to get steam to refund us because of all the crap the devs have pulled the last 2 weeks?

I think most have left for good. When I saw the patch notes and then read about the changes not noted, I never logged back in. Having been away for a few days, I find I am not missing it as much as I thought I would.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
tell me your retarded without telling me your retarded

if you are having fun - play. if you aren't having fun - don't play. if you somehow aren't max level I'd recommend hitting cap and then determining if you want to dive deeper. if you are max level then you probably got your moneys worth and there isn't a sub so who cares. why would you ask for a refund?

you don't need to listen to someone else to help you determine if you are enjoying yourself or not

• 2Pathetic

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Would love to see how many of the initial player base even bothered to reach the level cap - was obvious by level 40 what this piece of shit was. My guess would be less than 35% ever hit cap.

• 2Like
  • 1EyeRoll

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Would love to see how many of the initial player base even bothered to reach the level cap - was obvious by level 40 what this piece of shit was. My guess would be less than 35% ever hit cap.
you are so tiresome. you can look this up in steam. it states 14.1%. after not playing for a month and not reaching cap you sure are interested in this thread.

no one wants to play lost ark korean cash shop garbage, no matter how much you shit on new world.

• 1Moron
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1NPC
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
There are 3 of you dumb shits still actively playing this game like Bezos has a gun to your head. We're trying to help you retards out of your Stockholm Syndrome man

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
you are so tiresome. you can look this up in steam. it states 14.1%. after not playing for a month and not reaching cap you sure are interested in this thread.

no one wants to play lost ark korean cash shop garbage, no matter how much you shit on new world.
Ive never played this game at all and this thread has been interesting to me. Very amusing

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are 3 of you dumb shits still actively playing this game like Bezos has a gun to your head. We're trying to help you retards out of your Stockholm Syndrome man

Haven't played this in a while, got bored. But it is still one of steam's most played games (top 5 in current players yesterday) so it must be doing something right in spite of the bugs. I get that the FoH edgelord consensus is pure hate, but that is typical for this board, and all too predictable.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
FOMO is why a lot played. I had no interest in this game at all, but my friend bought it, and it looked kinda fun. I got my moneys worth. It looks good, fighting is fun, and crafting isn't a huge chore. My friend talked about it months before it was released. When they had the pause between beta and release, he was chomping at the bit to play. He got bored too.

For the people that have not bought this game and are reading this thread, ignore all the naysayers, it is worth buying, bugs and all. At least 3 weeks of mindless gaming.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I love the game but haven't logged back in since reading the mage changes. More so because I've been so busy more than anything else, but that sure hasn't encouraged me to make the time for it.

• 1Faggotry

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I was still having a lot of fun doing my solo activities before the patch, but since they gutted those, I've been playing way, way less and soon I won't play at all. If a guild group has a genesis or lazarus run, I'll log on, but otherwise I have no reason to.

I was still having fun doing my solo chest runs and killing elite bosses solo and working my way through the rest of the weapon quests just for fun, but now they all have 10x HP and it's just tedious and boring. Myrkguard runs are zergier than ever before. I went on one last night for the first time since the patch and there was about 100 people there. The lag was so bad that everyone was a statue, chests took 30 seconds to loot, and waves of portal enemies took 60 seconds or longer to spawn. The portals took a good 5 minutes to close, and if you left that area you'd lose the reward.

And of course that would be what happened with the changes they made, but they are so incompetent they didn't realize that it would just make people zerg even harder. Before, people could split up, do smaller runs, and people like me could do solo runs for most of the parts (I killed things, didn't train). What pisses me off the most is seeing people say "WeLl I dOnT tHiNk yOu sHouLD bE aBlE tO sOlO lEvEl 65 eLiTes!" And why not, exactly? It wasn't exactly common, and you had to play perfectly for the entire fight or you'd die and have a big repair bill because nobody would be there to revive you. It was stupid to go solo, you get the same loot as a full party, take longer, and it's far riskier. But it was fun, and that's gone now, so fuck you AGS.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I find it hard to take that shit seriously but ... Some people have said that theyve got a refund recently, unsure if thats actually true though. Maybe they found a loop hole? Look it up the thread on the general forums or reddit if you're serious. If you like the game but bugs and just dumb decisions are ruining your gameplay, put the game down for a while. There is almost no repercussions for you coming back in 6 months+.
---

The game is in a shit state across the board and we can repeat it every single time someone brings it up .. but it needs 6 months to a year to have any sort of real content and polish. We've said it here, streamers have said it, etc. But we can repeat it again, so whatever.

I'd put this long drawn out post about how "some" of the changes are warranted cause they're just fixing degenerate game play - but it would seem like Im white knighting this game and thats far from how I truly feel. The only thing Im really getting a laugh from is level 30's complaining and/or quitting because of this last patch. As if they were anywhere near the areas that are being affected. My g/f is level 52 and she plays once every few days. If theyre still in their 30's at this point, they wont get anywhere near the major issues with this patch for another 2 months.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'd put this long drawn out post about how "some" of the changes are warranted cause they're just fixing degenerate game play - but it would seem like Im white knighting this game and thats far from how I truly feel.
What is warranted? I was complaining about how degenerate the chest run zergs were for weeks, but their "solution" wasn't a solution at all. I don't even see why they were a problem in terms of amount of loot gained. It was once a day and it still took time. The best loot always came from a single group killing high level elites, and you didn't get that in the zerg runs. I thought the obvious fix was simply to make it so mobs around chests had to actually die to be lootable, and then at least you'd not have huge zergs running around never killing anything.

Either way, they are a mere symptom of the real problem, which is lack of content and the dungeon key system and OPR giving truly garbage rewards. It funnelled everyone into chest runs, so of course they were zergy and were a mess.

They could have vastly improved the loot from high level elites and then locked the loot to only the party that did the most damage and/or even made it so elite chests were only lootable by the party that most recently killed the elite guarding it and I bet you'd find the zerging would decrease vastly real fast. But instead they went with the dumbest, laziest "fix" ever and all it has succeeded at doing was making things worse.

I just wonder if they realize how little time they have to fix things. Apparently they are on vacation? Lol for how long? Because they are literally running out of time every HOUR. I guarantee you if they don't do something drastic to fix/reverse this shit, the total playerbase won't surpass 50k in 2 weeks from now.