New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What is warranted? I was complaining about how degenerate the chest run zergs were for weeks, but their "solution" wasn't a solution at all. I don't even see why they were a problem in terms of amount of loot gained. It was once a day and it still took time. The best loot always came from a single group killing high level elites, and you didn't get that in the zerg runs. I thought the obvious fix was simply to make it so mobs around chests had to actually die to be lootable, and then at least you'd not have huge zergs running around never killing anything.

Either way, they are a mere symptom of the real problem, which is lack of content and the dungeon key system and OPR giving truly garbage rewards. It funnelled everyone into chest runs, so of course they were zergy and were a mess.

They could have vastly improved the loot from high level elites and then locked the loot to only the party that did the most damage and/or even made it so elite chests were only lootable by the party that most recently killed the elite guarding it and I bet you'd find the zerging would decrease vastly real fast. But instead they went with the dumbest, laziest "fix" ever and all it has succeeded at doing was making things worse.

I just wonder if they realize how little time they have to fix things. Apparently they are on vacation? Lol for how long? Because they are literally running out of time every HOUR. I guarantee you if they don't do something drastic to fix/reverse this shit, the total playerbase won't surpass 50k in 2 weeks from now.
Degenerate gameplay is farming Fay for hours upon hours to raise your WM score. Theyve tried to address it several times and I guess they finally said fuck it and nerfed his ass into the ground. Good luck to anyone that tries to get the named Rapier or Hammer as a Legendary, now.

As far as Myrkgard goes, I can at least see what theyre "trying" to accomplish. Theyre going about it in the most brain dead, laziest way possible. But somewhere in that cesspool of a forum there is a dev post stating that they want the difficulty of 64-66 to be similar across the board. First thing that comes to mind is Arena's being the most difficult, and if you want to make Arena's a lot easier as a player you need coatings, honing stones, +dmg Weapon, absorption gear and trophies. More often than not, the people doing Myrkgard have a WM down in the low 500's and they sure af arent using any of the shit I just mentioned. They could go do f'n Mangled Heights and get through that very easily and still get the same amount of WM upgrades in less time without busting their balls. Are people going to do that with how the game currently works, pre or post patch, no the fuck they arent.

Do they need to link chests elite chests in some type of way to the main party? They sure af do and I dont disagree with you at all. Have they been heavy handed with a lot of shit? Yes tf they have. Scorpius, a lvl 50 elite zone, being a prime f'n example of that. 8+ Tentacles on the way into the place that have 2-3 Million HP a piece. Who the fuck thought that was a bright idea?

Im not excusing the decisions theyve made by any means. Again, theyre going about this in the stupidest fucking way. And again, *if* they get their shit together - the game will be fantastic. But we're talking months and months of devs with their head up their asses before they stop being lazy and start making educated changes. Much less is the game in dire need of content, which you're right - would fix so many problems.

The orb/key shit needs to flat out GO THE FUCK AWAY - if they want to keep that shit in, they need to make them standard for Mutated dungeons and thats it. Which that is the only reason I can assume that theyre in, but since theyre so deep in the mud with fixing shit and dealing with petty problems like the fucking mini map.. theyre dragging ass with Mutated Dungeon implementation.

Those of us with 100's of hours into this game can probably write a rant a mile long, cause I sure af can keep going. But its just not worth it. Only thing we can do as players is just quit playing, or play it for what the fuck it is. Either way, this shit aint changing anytime soon.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Main things they need to do

1) Ditch tuning orbs completely, or make them fairly low effort to get (like they cost 5k faction tokens or whatever)
2) Ditch Arena orbs - if they want to limit shit, let you only get the reward chest once a day or w/e
3) If they are going to do mob difficulty scaling, then the rewards need to boost as well. If they are going to give Myrk trash mobs raid boss HP and shit can one shot you, I expect raid level loot
4) Cross realm OPR - queues can take forever on low pop servers

They fact they have additional content, but gatekeep the shit to such a degree that no one runs it, is such a poor decision on their part

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm super sad they nerfed Fay. I enjoyed this game having oldschool style camps like Everquest had. I camped Fay a lot before it got popular and had a lot of fun there. I never managed to get the hammer or rapier at legendary, but it was a neat camp, just like the leggo earring was. If they gut all of those it's just another thing they've ruined about the game that I loved. It was extremely rewarding to go out of your way and find some corner of the world that nobody rarely ever went to, and find a neat little spot to tuck yourself into and solo farm. Wandering around finding level 60+ elites I didn't know about and camping them for a while was one of my major activities.

Now, having to camp Fay for hours and hours for watermark because you have no better option, that is stupid and degenerate.

Them nerfing all the named elites by either gutting their loot table or giving them 10x hp is a huge, huge problem for me, as it was a major reason I enjoyed the game.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I put 250 hours in the first month, enjoyed it and haven't touched it since. No ragrets.

If you're the type of complainer who still logins to play despite your constant complaints why should any game company bother rushing to fix/change things? It's why we end up with the litany list of shit game design/shit launches/shit gaming companies. Vote with your dollar, vote with your time. Seek elsewhere and come back in a year or two if they "turn it around" rather than be an angsty gamer every time you play due to buggy/shit dev design or choice.

asdfasdfasdf.jpeg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Side note, apparently they have reduced housing taxes by 90% until the December patch. Like I'm paying 40g tax on a large.

The companies that control the town still get normal gold income they would normally, as if the reduction doesnt exist

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Side note, apparently they have reduced housing taxes by 90% until the December patch. Like I'm paying 40g tax on a large.

The companies that control the town still get normal gold income they would normally, as if the reduction doesnt exist
Lol it's kind of hilarious.

Daidraco

I saw that on Demones video this morning. Im looking forward to all the salty ass tears in December from people that bought 3 mansions and their bill each week for all three goes from 240 gold to 3900 gold. Oh AGS.
fetchimage

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So since the patch, at least on our server, Invasions are breaking the server halfway through every single invasion and everyone gets kicked. Lololol. Server doesn't open again until the invasion is over.

Also, still can't mine the animals that dropped motes/quint. What a fucking joke. These fucking scumbag idiots.

Daidraco

So since the patch, at least on our server, Invasions are breaking the server halfway through every single invasion and everyone gets kicked. Lololol. Server doesn't open again until the invasion is over.

Also, still can't mine the animals that dropped motes/quint. What a fucking joke. These fucking scumbag idiots.
In other news, another dupe was found after today's patch.
laughing-too-funny.gif

• 6Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I server switched to Eden and it is a completely different experience than Vingolf. Getting daily Gen/Laz groups, nonstop OPR if I wish it, AH filled with gear. Chest zergs if I want to, anything. It’s an entirely different experience. 333 people on Vingolf at peak when I switched, when Eden was at 1700.

Daidraco

I server switched to Eden and it is a completely different experience than Vingolf. Getting daily Gen/Laz groups, nonstop OPR if I wish it, AH filled with gear. Chest zergs if I want to, anything. It’s an entirely different experience. 333 people on Vingolf at peak when I switched, when Eden was at 1700.
Whats the map look like for Syndicate? Im about done with Vingolf, myself.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People still playing New World while they wait on "the next patch".

flagellation-da-vinci-code.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Whats the map look like for Syndicate? Im about done with Vingolf, myself.
my crew went to Pluto from Vingolf maybe two weeks ago. pretty hardcore, lots of activity. vingolf was super low for a while unfortunately

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Vingolf has flipped back to purple as people have left. I dont even know what happened to Divine Order cause purple just got EF and there is no way the company that owns it would have got that without DO losing a ton of members. I guess they transferred off or just died? But recruitment channel is dead af, Syndicated has members dropping like flies too. Only thing I can think of is to go where people are congregating that are masochist with the game just like I am.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Got banned with message ‘suspicious activity’ no other details, and no response from Amazon. I didn’t even run any bot software or anything like that. I liked to hang out by ori nodes and mine them while working, so sometimes I’d be doing that 10+ hours a day. Guessing I got my ass algorithmed . Oh well, on to endwalker

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Got banned with message ‘suspicious activity’ no other details, and no response from Amazon. I didn’t even run any bot software or anything like that. I liked to hang out by ori nodes and mine them while working, so sometimes I’d be doing that 10+ hours a day. Guessing I got my ass algorithmed . Oh well, on to endwalker
that sucks, a lot of people do exactly what you describe.

the reporting system has been pretty bad. it seems after the fact they have been OK about getting stuff "right" but doesn't matter if you can just mass report someone for whatever. and no penalties