New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Combat was def fun in BDO but that, IMO, is where the fun ended for me. Its cool to take a character through the leveling once though. But the pay shit really starts to show its face later. They start to nickle and dime you to death with shit like storage and such. And like I said, the gearing system is retarded when you get to end game.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Combat was def fun in BDO but that, IMO, is where the fun ended for me. Its cool to take a character through the leveling once though. But the pay shit really starts to show its face later. They start to nickle and dime you to death with shit like storage and such. And like I said, the gearing system is retarded when you get to end game.
I'd say the P2W isn't that bad, but it's a set amount that you more or less are going to end up paying. The caravan campsite shit is almost a must have with all the functionalities it offers versus the ingame one which is absolute ass, and that's 49bucks, 35 on sale or so iirc? A cooking costume is also almost a must have since cooking is such a big way to make money, it's still 15bucks or something like that, could argue that one's optional though if you don't mind taking longer doing your cooking stuff. But past that, not nearly as much stuff you'd have to buy. Maids and pets are nice but they do give them away frequently via events(plus the free ones from questing the first time), weight and inventory slots are also nice but not vital if you have the campsite to sell your shit and stack your horse(might want to buy a weight pack on sale at some point on your main char eventually), city storage lets you use your CP more easily but you can kinda just farm more CP/cut down on some of the stupid shit and that's more or less it.

Ultimately if you're going with the mindset of spending say 60bucks, you can cover most of your needs. If you're going with the mindset of spending nothing at first, then 60 a month in, then 50 a month or two later, then you're pretty much golden. It does end up costing more than a standard box for what I'd consider the baseline, but you can play a fair bit of time before you have to spend that money and spread it over time. The campsite is the big offender.

The gearing system is fairly ok imo, but it's similar to PoE, it's RNG fiesta shit. So basically you have 3types of people making gear, newbies throwing random shit at it and getting lucky(but most just throwing away their shit for nothing), gambling addicts who might also swipe their credit card to get more rolls and 20hours a day streamers who throw so much gold at it they brute force it. But as a standard user, you can just ignore the whole shit, farm currency, sell all the upgrade shit that can be sold or use it on easy upgrades for small currency gains, and then buy the gear you want. It's a slow process, but that's just how the game gearing works, it's a slow process regardless, but buying means not having to deal with the fucking gambling shit. You can easily set yourself objectives(next I upgrade my ring, I need x millions, I farm y millions a day so it'll take 18days to get there give or take) and gear up, although in some cases availability of gear can force you to look into other paths for a time.

They're still very different games though. And imo the PvP in BDO is absolute ass, and that's if you have equal gear(which a lot of the time isn't going to be the case which means you have 0 chance of winning a fight, none at all, other than the gear equalized guild wars).

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Well I guess I'm done. Been getting connection errors trying to login for a few weeks now. It takes like 30 tries to get past it, but ever since the rollback on EU it has gotten far worse and now I also get "character already logged in from another session" (no it isn't). And if you manage to get in, the ui is totally fucked and unplayable. I tried for literally an hour and couldn't get past it.

I'm not the only one. A ton of EU players have this ever since the rollback. They screwed something up with their database. Fucking idiot dev responded "you must have made a character with the same name, delete one of them." Lol okay dude, that's impossible, but sure.

I can play just fine on a brand new char on another server, but main is now unplayable. I got in earlier after literally 30 minutes of bullshit, having to control alt delete from the game when you do get in because the UI is so bugged you can't log out. But it was literally 30 minutes of effort and frustration to get in, and upon trying later in the day, it's just not possible to get in, the database probably has 1000 copies of my character and some file is stuck online (maybe market item) and so I can't play.

Guess it's for the best, I just have nothing to play right now.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The trading posts being locked down long term really fucking kills a game like this. I'd rather play next to rampant duping than a perpetually fucked over economic system.

• 1Like

Daidraco

When I log on Im just playing the game for the basics. My g/f loves the hell out of this game, so it's keeping me logging in even when im not even feeling it. But Vingolf has dropped to like 300-450 and its the end game is just not even there. Finding more joy out of .. shit I dont even know what you call them, but maybe "factory" games? Riftbreaker, Factorio, etc.

BDO is a fine game, but the equipment upgrade thing is a turn off for me. A lot of people excuse it saying you can just play for <insert absurd number of days for one upgrade> - but I dont enjoy grinding for currency for long term, especially item by item. The carrot is there, but its purely a "set goal and go" system with no surprise. I'd rather it be - ok, at worst I can buy this item - but hopefully I fish out the upgrade earlier than that. BDO is one of the few MMO's with a cash shop where I legit think they have a pretty fair cash shop in "some" regard. Maybe Ive bought into it? But if I want to be productive in the game, I have to pay somewhere near a sub cost or a little more. Of course they offer the full plate, but do I really need all that?... Not at that point and time unless I'm just binging the game.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Still have faith, I just think this game needs a solid 6-8 mos more brew time before its ready. Ill be back to check it out.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just needs the next major New World DLC to reset territories/game at this point. Would also fix the duping problem by leaving those items in the dust.

Probably about 8 months out. They have a lot of server merge work to do in the meantime.

Cybsled

They already datamined 620 GS stuff. I do agree that the best solution to dupe issues is once you solve the duping bugs, then you introduce stuff that devalues anything that was duped.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They already datamined 620 GS stuff. I do agree that the best solution to dupe issues is once you solve the duping bugs, then you introduce stuff that devalues anything that was duped.
Kinda hard in this game since most of the duped stuff was, Im assuming, mats. And the high end ones. Its a wonder how almost everyone had a few pieces of Voidbent overnight lol. Especially on my old server where there was shit for people to farm shit. Hard to tell on Olympus but im sure the shit was rampant and they only caught a small portion of the mats. I doubt they have any meaningful tracking or logging shit set up, at least at the time, maybe now they do, lol. I know for sure there was whispers and stories of duping going on days before anything was done about it. They probably heard it through reddit or some other post somewhere, lol.

Same shit with the latest trophy dupes, I heard about that shit days before, and prices were dropping on my server for those high end trophy legendary for a few days before they took markets down.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Im glad i bailed on Vingolf. Valhalla is still seeing occasional queues and the territory is evenly split with each one active.

Either way the shine is startibg to wear off for me. Just got to level 40 after getting to 30 on other server. Its a slog now and it seems like majority of players are too pussy to flag so I rarely ever get fights.

Daidraco

Im glad i bailed on Vingolf. Valhalla is still seeing occasional queues and the territory is evenly split with each one active.

Either way the shine is startibg to wear off for me. Just got to level 40 after getting to 30 on other server. Its a slog now and it seems like majority of players are too pussy to flag so I rarely ever get fights.
Granted if there was no lag problems, and it was fair - they would have kept a lot of players if OPR was available from level 20 and scaled them up to 60. Invasions and Wars are rarely ever done outside of the cliques of those companies. So really, outside of leveling and grinding trades - there isnt any PVP for someone not 60 and even then, its limited based on your popularity first, then scarcity.

The reward that they came up with just isnt very rewarding to run around PVP, much less is the idea intuitive. I do it when Im mining and logging to main menu afterwards to save food, but I'm sure af not running around in my weak dick gathering clothes with PVP on. Especially when you start to take into account that even though the luck "sounds" like a lot - the amount of true percentage 30% gives only 1.5% more drop chance of Tolvium tier mats and thats if you have maximum luck on everything else. If you have less than that, that additional 30% could mean as little as 0.60% drop chance. 10% loot luck you would think would be noticeable, but again.. its running into the same problem. With the way RNG and loot pulls works, the effect of having PVP on is so irrelevant that it might as well just be compared to a placebo effect. Everyone thats complains about the PVP buff just hasnt done the math yet to realize how almost pointless it is in the grand scheme.

A lot of people would stop complaining if they just made a freaking server where PVP was always on. I dont see the point in PVP'ing, but to each their own.

Just needs the next major New World DLC to reset territories/game at this point. Would also fix the duping problem by leaving those items in the dust.

Probably about 8 months out. They have a lot of server merge work to do in the meantime.
I know a new tier would fix a lot of things, but I personally hope thats as far out as you're thinking. The game just has far too many problems for them to fix/redesign and any new content they put out is just going to drown in their shit tier design. So many complaints about the game can be alleviated with just simple fixes so it doesnt make a lot of sense to me personally why they havent done so in a lot of areas. I could run through a laundry list of shit off the top of my head that could be fixed by simply removing code, much less tweaking little things.

Finally uninstalled. Don't see myself revisiting this with these developers.
Theres just no way they are going to make anyone happy for several more months. Much less the fact that theyre going to take off weeks at a time for the rest of the Holidays. The only thing that I think will really change anything for the better is for them to replace Scot Lane or whoever else is running this show and bring in someone else. Incompetent coding is one thing, but they seem to be putting fires out like a chicken with their head cut off. If it wasnt for my g/f, I wouldnt have touched this game for the last 2 weeks. Shes fast approaching 60 and when she gets there, I cant see her enjoying the experience anymore.

• 1Like

Jozu

The point of pvping is the entire reason I play mmo. The thrill of building your character into something and then testing yourself against other builds etc.

PvE is fine but yea why they havent made a pvp server is fucking beyond me.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
it seems like majority of players are too pussy to flag so I rarely ever get fights.

I've done my fair share of open world PvP in my time, but as long as PvP deaths cause all your gear and inventory gear damage they can fuck right off with that.

Imagine how popular a PvP server with actual PvP benefits would be. But this dev 'team' is shockingly amateur hour, so nothing good will come until that's shook up.

Jozu

Yea its fucking bad.

I dont understand why they wont just fucking open a pvp server and monitor it. Fuck it who gives a fuck, how many dead servers do they have now? Why not just have the option? That or overhaul the flag system and give massive amounts of xp for a pvp kill in open world and tweak the reward system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lol wow. Modern MMORPG devs are 100% retarded. New World had glimpses of the old style of MMORPGs where the world was mysterious and rich and you had many choices on how you wanted to do things. But they just keep removing choices and screaming "Play the way WE want you to play! ReeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEeeeE".

Is there some business model that proves theme park mmos are way more profitable? Why are they doing this shit?

What a joke of patch notes.

yerm

Lack of sub is gonna mean something. People who quit aren't pulling a trigger and potentially giving a reason; they ghost. The accountants don't really truly feel it. From an accounting standpoint this game is a $40 single player rpg that requires company resources to host only offset by some very minor cosmetics. If you already bought the game and aren't looking at cosmetics, you can very kindly fuck right off if you aren't happy, for all any suit cares.

• 1Like

Malakriss

MTX selection sucked at launch when they had millions of people interested and still sucks now when hardly anyone is interested. You don't make money without subs if the playerbase vanishes before gobbling up skins for cash.

SWTOR figured that out with a worse engine and just as many dupes.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
MTX selection sucked at launch when they had millions of people interested and still sucks now when hardly anyone is interested. You don't make money without subs if the playerbase vanishes before gobbling up skins for cash.

SWTOR figured that out with a worse engine and just as many dupes.
Lol yeah it was baffling how bad the cosmetic store was at launch when they had the most potential to make a huge amount of money. Millions of dollars in lost profit.

Also, this game was supposed to be mainly about selling Prime. You can't do that if you don't have a large active playerbase that keeps playing.

What the fuck is going on?