New World

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
4. Swimming.....................like I am not even sure what that was about. How does this game not have swimming? I have no problem with a skill or a weight factor but swimming should be a part of the game. If you want to limit access, use poisoned water?

That one was kinda funny. You just walk under water... lol - took my by surprise when I was heading into deeper water and I just.... welp... Why swim when you can just walk through the bottom I guess :p

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How would the game feel to you all if there was a system where if you enter a territory controlled by an enemy faction you were flagged for pvp automatically? I think this would make territory control more impactful/meaningful. I don't see it really happening due to having to rework the MSQ, unless they tried something innovative and remove character levels (just have weapon lvls).

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
This has probably been answered, but what encourages people to choose one faction over the other? Just personal preference? How will this possibly be balanced?

• 1Like

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's a box fee. There's no sub (unless I'm reading all the things wrong). If people enjoy themselves for x hours and it's worth the box fee, that's really all they -need- to deliver. They aren't fighting for subs. They aren't fighting for long-term player retention, because it literally doesn't matter. They could sell 1m boxes and 999k people leave. Cool; they sold 1m boxes; there is no sub model.

I totally agree. I mean, if one considers the money saved on servers and bandwidth, the best outcome for them would be having everyone quit the game after collecting initial box sales. No subscriptions so nothing lost, everything gained. I'd be shocked if this isn't their exact business model be it makes so much sense. And why don't more mmo intentionally do this to become successful?? Sell a million copies and then try to get 999k people to quit until the first dlc/expansion, can even cut customer service and the dev team to save even more money. No subs, so literally nothing lost. And no refunds! Amazon will be rich! Brilliant!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How would the game feel to you all if there was a system where if you enter a territory controlled by an enemy faction you were flagged for pvp automatically? I think this would make territory control more impactful/meaningful. I don't see it really happening due to having to rework the MSQ, unless they tried something innovative and remove character levels (just have weapon lvls).
This seems a bit of a weird solution.

Essentially having the PvP players awarded with a function that disables PvP (for their own players), thereby protecting their PvE players and discouraging their own faction from engaging in it?

• 1Truth!

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This seems a bit of a weird solution.

Essentially having the PvP players awarded with a function that disables PvP (for their own players), thereby protecting their PvE players and discouraging their own faction from engaging in it?

Just make all pvp areas pvp all the time for everyone?

I thought that's how it was. Cuz, like, pvp means pvp.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I had 15 people in US East convinced if they had a 1gb internet connection they would be charged a monthly fee for additional bandwidth utilization from the AWS servers.

This planet is overdue for an Asteroid strike.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had 15 people in US East convinced if they had a 1gb internet connection they would be charged a monthly fee for additional bandwidth utilization from the AWS servers.

This planet is overdue for an Asteroid strike.

Hahaha.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Everquest, ESO, and WoW all had a patch about 5 weeks after release, and again about 4 months later. EQ launched with a day 1 patch IIRC so if NW if smart they will use the next month to push a new build with bug fixes and possibly some new content.

But i'll repeat myself - the game will be worth investing into and getting a max level character. Watching a shitshow is always worth the ticket price imo

edit: Confirmed the game has named mobs with named loot?

Yea, you can look inside your achievements and see that there are named mobs everywhere. Some on longer rotations than the server standard. Im not sure what the spawn time is all about but they do have them and they dont always drop loot. Around Windward Hamlet, you have a Boar, a Bear and a Puma that are all named. I always run into them way over their level, so I have no idea if they are tuned better than your average mob or not.
I was watching someone do crafting last night and there seemed to be so many steps to do the higher level stuff. Since his faction didn't control cities, he had to fast travel back and forth and only certain things could be made at certain places and the storages weren't linked.

I think getting max in things will be really rough if you aren't fed mats, so people yelling about being able to max everything seems like it's not going to happen anytime soon for most people.

Weight also seems like a real problem while crafting.
Nothing stops you from leveling crafting, its just the town unlocks that make it way more faster if you have those available. You still get exp for making tier 1 (0 required skill) gloves, but no where near what making tier 3 gloves exp would be (50 required skill) for example. The only time I was annoyed was when not a single f'n town had an engineering table up to tier 3 to make Steel tools when I was ready to make them. Those unlocks are cool when everyone is PVP - you can stop people from the opposite faction visiting to abuse your crafting stations. But now that people can just go anywhere they want with PVP off, its just an annoying feature. Maybe people get pride in the fact that they helped that town get a higher level, but, meh.

Also for those asking about why care about wars? You get the alert that you're going to War because if you lose that town, or you lose that Fort - you're losing buffs. Those buffs are pretty fantastic from the Fort. If you lose the town, and the other faction barely plays there and knows its just the other faction - they can raise the taxes to obnoxious levels. Effectively, an economic war to slow you down and prop them up.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
That one was kinda funny. You just walk under water... lol - took my by surprise when I was heading into deeper water and I just.... welp... Why swim when you can just walk through the bottom I guess :p
1627504163573.png

• 2Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

Sure, 6 weeks before launch we are going to rework the whole f*cking game. Hey, let's make it WH40K too! Its not too late! It's never too late. Also, he has to fight a giant mechanical spider.

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sure, 6 weeks before launch we are going to rework the whole f*cking game. Hey, let's make it WH40K too! Its not too late! It's never too late. Also, he has to fight a giant mechanical spider.

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark
Sure! Why not, its just beta, right?

• 1Cringe
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nobody other than a few wants a forced PVP game. This has been proven time and time again in failed mmorpgs. Roaming 5 man kill squads ruining your shit and camping your fucking corpses for a hour, when yoru trying to farm some lumber, until you quit in disgust is no ones idea of a fun game, unless your fucked in the head.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Its usually based around poor gameplay mechanics. You kill a Buffalo and some shit head runs up and skins it before you can get close makes you want to murder people. That wouldnt be the case if there were more protections against things like that. So you end up just doing the same thing perpetuating the behavior.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Nobody other than a few wants a forced PVP game. This has been proven time and time again in failed mmorpgs. Roaming 5 man kill squads ruining your shit and camping your fucking corpses for a hour, when yoru trying to farm some lumber, until you quit in disgust is no ones idea of a fun game, unless your fucked in the head.
Being on the 5man team is fun...

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its usually based around poor gameplay mechanics. You kill a Buffalo and some shit head runs up and skins it before you can get close makes you want to murder people. That wouldnt be the case if there were more protections against things like that. So you end up just doing the same thing perpetuating the behavior.
Yeah I had this shit happen a few times when I tried the beta. But shit like this is infinitely better than killing that buffalo, being 1/2 health and here comes Lv60 Johhny PVP to wreck your shit and tea bag your ass. If Im going to PVP it will be on my terms in an environment that is semi fair and semi balanced.

Hate on them all you want, this is why blizzards creation of the battlegrounds was so great for these games. It let you choose when you wanted to PVP in the different modes they had. You actually had goals and scoring within the game type, and the interactions were more balanced than encounters out in the wild speaking numbers wise. Of course you always had the gear balance issues and class balance issues, but thats a different discussion.

Last edited:
  • 1Like