New World

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Super pissed that I cannot play for more than 10 minutes before Windows closes it for running out of RAM. I have 16 fucking gigs.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Super pissed that I cannot play for more than 10 minutes before Windows closes it for running out of RAM. I have 16 fucking gigs.

I have 16gigs too and didn't run into anything like this after a couple hours of playing. If you're running Windows 10, are you using the new update? They fixed some bugs with memory caching that could possibly help here.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Why hello there New World...

Capture.PNG

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Are the servers down?

EDIT - Nevermind, had to restart the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're sprinting and hit spacebar you jump.

Yes it is. It seems like some kind of bug is going around where new players spawn in flagged for criminal intent. Dev has come out and said that was not intended and will be fixed asap.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I am digging TF out of this game.

It's like a way better version of Rust.

Also ran across a dude that hooked me up with all of the LVL 1 items, so harvesting, killing, and surviving have been a breeze to start.

Then I got attacked by some wraith and another fully-kitted dude came out of nowhere to save/heal me.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I had a pretty neat moment where myself and two other random dudes noticed a big ass bear standing on some rocks, and we were all in rags with a wooden sword, and a bow with a couple arrows. We proceeded to kite the big bastard for half a minute before running out of arrows and had to trade off tanking him in melee. It's not an uncommon thing in most MMO's, but the way it played out felt like older style multiplayer. The constant bitching about people spawn camping the new characters in chat was a nice spice on top of it.

• 2Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Interesting, how big is your pagefile? Are your C drive running out of space etc.? you can put your pagefile to another with more spaces.

Or this is just memory leak.

P.S. I couldn't even launch the fucking game. You should be happy lol

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Pagefile increase is not a fix. It just delays the problem when a memory leak exists.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Ok, so I got in but there is some massive memory leak in the game that is eating 75%+ of my 16GB of RAM so it keeps closing out.

Good news is there is a thing called Companies that looks to be guilds. If you get in please invite me. My name is Ariakas.

Sent you a mssg. Hit me up boi!

• 2Like

Braen

<Medals Crew>
So many in the Alpha now... And so little discussion. Either means it si going great and they don't want to leak shit.. Or it is horrible and they aren't bothering saying anything.

Or the memory leak is still going strong.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So many in the Alpha now... And so little discussion. Either means it si going great and they don't want to leak shit.. Or it is horrible and they aren't bothering saying anything.

It's not horrible.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

i think that there would be more people breaking NDA if it was horrible than if it wasn't

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I have literally paid zero attention to this game? What's their claim? A "new" MMO? WoW clone? Pantheon rival? I guess i'm going actually have to start googling around to find out what this crap is about. Smed is involved right?