New World

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I got temp banned in AOC for shooting at people from the top of a building that everyone could get to. This was during very early AOC when there was rampant duping and people were stacking gems that meant melees could literally one shot you if they got in charge range. Basically you will stand on the ground and take your medicine was Funcom's position.

Last edited:

Cybsled

Outside of troll abuse of mechanics, I never liked the PVP in that game. Although I remember one time a former EQ1 guildy started attacking me with his lower level magic user, then I did a Herald of Xotl demon charge at him, impaled his stomach, then chopped off his head. His last words were "it was a joke" lol. He got so fucking mad afterwards.

Early AoC Herald of Xotl with spec into the demonform line was so fucking powerful. I quit the game after they heavily nerfed it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just like every other Funcom game, they needed like a year more content creation, fixing shit, balancing shit..etc... Its like the same fucking mistake over and over with every mmo they made. You would think that aftert he first disaster which was AO and its horrid release and content in upper levels..etc... They would have learned their mistakes, but no, AOC had the same shit except you could actually plaqy it at launch, AO not so much with the slide show laag, that is if you could even log in.

But make no mistake every game they made was special, unlike the other copycat bullshit every other company was doing. From combat, to progression and even far ahead of its time systems they had, their games were all gems in my eyes. I mean, just look at the chat system that AO had. It was fucking amazing. Guilds could track entire roster with bots and shit, from DKP and hours spent raiding, etc... No other game since had anything like it. The game was first to have instances, first mmorpg to have generated instanced dungeons, generated mission content, first to have their piublic dungeons to spawn new instances based on the amount of people playing... First flying mounts? Fuck yeah! Gimme the yalmaha! I didnt play much AoC past the first month or so but I do remember its unique combat. And New world was entirely different than other mmorpgs. From questing, the player skill systems to the combat, it was all new and cool for the time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I still think I have TSW installed on a PC somewhere, loved that game so much. Just the best take on a Modern/horror/occult/conspiracy Game and world. IIRC I leveled two complete faction characters all the way to endgame. Some of the best quests and areas. How was Funcom always making such great games and always so broke?

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I still think I have TSW installed on a PC somewhere, loved that game so much. Just the best take on a Modern/horror/occult/conspiracy Game and world. IIRC I leveled two complete faction characters all the way to endgame. Some of the best quests and areas. How was Funcom always making such great games and always so broke?

I enjoyed that game the little time I played it, because it crashed so fucking much, like every 10 mins during one of their holiday events.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>

Funcom has a habit of making great games that no one plays. I didn't love Secret World. I did love The Longest Journey and Dreamfall though. Age of Conan is also fantastic. So was the earliest part of the Conan MMO (shame the rest of it wasn't as much fun).

• 1Like

Cybsled

One thing I recall in AoC is you could make text links to walls of text, so I put up a fake item link and when you clicked on it, it was the the lyrics to "Never going to give you up" since that was still a fresh meme back then lol

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Funcom has a habit of making great games that no one plays. I didn't love Secret World. I did love The Longest Journey and Dreamfall though. Age of Conan is also fantastic. So was the earliest part of the Conan MMO (shame the rest of it wasn't as much fun).
ao.jpg

• 5Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

i'd agree. Like mkopec said earlier, they did a lot of original and unique ideas/design in the MMO world. Things no one else had done.

Their launch ruined it for a lot of people, but once that was taken care of it was an amazing game. At least until shadowlands expansion which got a lot of flak from players. Notum Wars PVP with my fixer and grid armor was some of the most fun I've had in a MMO.

Just over a week to go. So damn pumped.

Yeah. Not sure how much is the game(I made sure to only play to level 30 in beta to not burn out) or just not having anything to really play for months now. At least the upcoming months will have plenty to play for hopefully a while.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haven't been on much this last week but took DRK to 50 so now the real painful grind to 80.

Seems simplistic compared to PLD and GNB but I'm getting old and less buttons to mash for similar levels of results is a good thing.

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just over a week to go. So damn pumped.
I am not overly pumped. I am excited to finish what I started in the Beta. It should be interesting starting a brand new MMO. They did fairly well with the servers during the Beta. I am hoping they learned a lot and we do not get a couple/few days of server issues that make it difficult to enjoy.

Too a new game..
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Took the whole week off. I’ll probably end up playing league while the servers are fucked but whatevs.

• 1Solidarity

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
i'm pumped, maybe because I need a vacation or because i haven't played a new mmo other than wow classic in like 10 years (if that counts). have a new rig too.

hopefully doesn't end up being shit :)

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Speaking of rigs, game ready drivers released today for NW. Also fucking hyped as this is my first MMO release i'm sitting on my ass comfortably not having to work for a moment

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users