New World

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Its not a bad game, and since I have already paid for it, I have nothing to complain about. I mean... I got my money's worth seeing as there is no monthly fee.

But, there in is the thing I wonder about. Where do they go from here with this game?

There is no subscription fee, and I don't know that there is anything in the in-game store that you need really. Maybe there is, but I haven't seen anything I couldn't live with out yet.

So, how does this game make money to encourage further development? Will there be further development? When I think of an MMO, I think of an ever evolving online game world.

Are there planned expansions that they will be selling?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is this game basically a reskinned Darkfall?

Not if you have a prime membership. Then it is like God came down and developed an MMORPG. With Satan's help with the travel system.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
im level 24 and am always sitting pretty close to Azoth cap. Just go into the "settlements" of mobs or do some corrupted portals they drop tons of Azoth it seems. You can add stuff to your gathering tools that give you a chance of azoth per harvest also. Once you unlock the fast travel shrines around each zone travel is way easier and limits running to a much more reasonable duration

50ish azoth with faction bonus and 100-120ish normally eveywhere. cap is 1000

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Currently 250 people in queue for Vingolf at 1:30 PM. No queue at 8am though lol.

I see most people here have swapped over to yellow faction. What is the real benefit to that? I get the PvP aspect of it but while leveling and stuff how does it effect things?

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Oof. I logged off to eat lunch, because I figured there would be no way a queue would already be up at this point. (Up to 297)

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I don't think the travel costs are that bad if you're average. If you feel pressured to keep up and bounce around to min max, it's probably rough, but I don't think most people do that. Personally I'm often wasting Azoth, and I do teleport around a bit to do town boards. The lowest I've gotten is around 500 azoth. Although granted I did win 2 wars today which gave a crap ton of azoth, either 400 total or each. But actually 90% of it was wasted. I've got over a dozen sealed containers of it; how much is in those anyways?

Stop and smell the roses and do gathering, keep your life skills leveld so you don't have to start over again once you reach max level. Unless you hate crafting, it's not so bad. Plus you can abuse dying to respawn. I think a big part of Azoth maintenance is just sorting stuff in various towns well so you don't have to carry a ton around. Try to teleport to faction owned cities for huge discount whenever possible, and walk from there, and do gathering on the way imo.

Also the azoth perk on tools really adds up fast. I have it on sickle and skinning knife and it really helps. But if you have the choice, I'd take bonus exp on tools every time. It's huge.

Cybsled

Nothing except giving you a nice outfit skin and $5 cash shop credit lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First client crash happened today. Running around looking for alligators and craaaaaash. Reloaded and got put into a 542 person queue. Going slow.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If anyone can keep an MMO alive without monthly sub fees its Amazon.

They can afford to keep a small dev team on the game for the foreseeable future.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If anyone can keep an MMO alive without monthly sub fees its Amazon.

They can afford to keep a small dev team on the game for the foreseeable future.
Its probably gonna be like GW2. Make all their money from a cash shop and future expansions.

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Its probably gonna be like GW2. Make all their money from a cash shop and future expansions.
Hopefully their first upgrade will be the cash shop then, that shit is atrocious. How can AMAZON somehow manage to make one of the most lackluster cash shops in MMO history.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Hopefully their first upgrade will be the cash shop then, that shit is atrocious. How can AMAZON somehow manage to make one of the most lackluster cash shops in MMO history.
Probably because they got backlash months ago over it by Asmongold (one of Amazon's biggest moneymakers) and all their progression/catchup shit was removed until reviews come out and people start hitting endgame and are on a level playing field.

Give it a month and I bet you anything it'll be back. I bet you anything their team is heads down in expanding capacity/optimizing the game/redesigning the world to fit more than 2,000 players right now.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What does prime membership have to do with the game?
You didn't hear about the "Skip the Queue" entitlement? Log into your Amazon account - Click Subscriptions - Click Prime - Scroll down to "New World" check the box "Skip The Queue" - Probably the best $119 per year I have spent.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Azoth complaints are pointless. Once in your mid 20's you'll be sitting at cap almost permanently if you don't constantly craft and use it there.

With fast travel points, town recall and eventually your 3 house recall you can ping around the map easily and effectively.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, I use 30 azoth every craft I do and I've never been below 400. The outside/inside dungeon mobs shit Azoth and if you have a good tool you get the +1 azoth every once and a while from gathering.

I imagine most people are feeling the Azoth hurt with the Hermit bullshit because you basically have to travel to him every 10 minutes. The old campfire spawn/suicide was great, but they nerfed it unfortunately. If you really need Azoth, grab a weapon you want to level and go to the ruins around Amrine and blast undead for easy loot and experience.