New World

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
PvE is a pathetic copypaste job through and through. If they had balls it wouldn't even exist and they would have stuck to the original plan of this being more akin to Rust, but I'm sure that didn't fly with the bean counters somewhere during development, so instead we get a bunch of terrible copypaste quest hubs that re-use the same 6 tile and mob sets. Completely miserable bear ass collecting all the way through.
I believe of the 6 or 7 years this game was in development, only the last year was used for PVE after their closed beta and everyone told them the game sucked as PVP only

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ran Dynasty at 60 because for some reason I thought 500+ stuff would drop. No dice. So don't waste your time running it more than once.

I think they fixed chests and now I've got way too many refining ingredients. Like, almost 1000 of the green ones, 500+ of the blue ones...not as many common ones but that's because I'm not opening those crates as much.
Yeah when I ran Shattered Mountain chests after the patch, I ended up with over 1200 of each refining material, whereas before, it was always around 700-800. They are mostly all so damn cheap though that it doesn't matter that much. I have a hard time finding space for all of them. Doing a Shattered Mountain chest run is such a headache because when you're finished you have to figure out what to do with the 800 weight on you. You have to manually go through every piece of gear and decide to either salvage it or try to sell it, and then you have to find space for all the refining mats. Lol I'm starting to avoid chest runs as a result now, because I always have to spend over an hour afterward figuring my shit out.

Anyone else see Asmon exploiting the named boss in Reekwater (Siren's Brute, I believe)? You're supposed to need an arena key, but they hop the wall and kill it every 5 minutes. I really want to do it, but I feel like that's totally ban worthy and while Asmon won't get banned, us plebs while. It's so juicy though, by far the fastest way to raise your gearscore.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the game is a hot mess, but despite all of this people myself included, still play it. Really highlights the death spiral of the MMO Genre IMO. Just an overall disaster of a game that was poorly changed last minute off some outdated feedback (Valheim anyone?). They should of have just waited another 6 months. They have the cash, just polish the PVE aspect since this game is now an SWTOR/Warhammer/Wow-mini clone. It's not even that much of a sandbox IMO.

Still, because of the shitty state of things I am somehow lvl 48 and slaughtering many bears and wildcats....
this is all I read around here

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah when I ran Shattered Mountain chests after the patch, I ended up with over 1200 of each refining material, whereas before, it was always around 700-800. They are mostly all so damn cheap though that it doesn't matter that much. I have a hard time finding space for all of them. Doing a Shattered Mountain chest run is such a headache because when you're finished you have to figure out what to do with the 800 weight on you. You have to manually go through every piece of gear and decide to either salvage it or try to sell it, and then you have to find space for all the refining mats. Lol I'm starting to avoid chest runs as a result now, because I always have to spend over an hour afterward figuring my shit out.

Anyone else see Asmon exploiting the named boss in Reekwater (Siren's Brute, I believe)? You're supposed to need an arena key, but they hop the wall and kill it every 5 minutes. I really want to do it, but I feel like that's totally ban worthy and while Asmon won't get banned, us plebs while. It's so juicy though, by far the fastest way to raise your gearscore.
I think they may have overdone it on the refining materials. My storage is completely overloaded with them a day later.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I can pick the game apart just like I can every other game. But here we are, still playing EverQuest 23 years later with Luclin launch on TLPs.

At 60, the game has opened up to me a hell of a lot more. I can feel Genesis and Lazarus looming the more I do elite runs, but Im not sure when theyre coming? Get up to a boss in an elite area that has spinning lasers, comets smashing through my stamina bar, summons adds that explode on death, and a slow ring around him. Meanwhile, you have to beat the clock on respawns or else the Zerg Tentacle shits will respawn and fuck your world up - so its a DPS check on top of everything. Thats just one area of out several and Im psyched.

So basically, I'm still having fun. Was just a pain in the ass grinding it all up.

Also, Lasch Lasch , we need to link up soon.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Thinking about transfering to Valhalla. Anyone got a character there (My character is Morrow and I can't create one on Valhalla to check)? I want to know how balance the factions are on the map

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well this sucks. Apparently my game code was revoked due to a requested refund which did not happen. I bought it through Amazon and used the code they sent me on steam. Apparently this has happened to a bunch of people too. Not sure what if anything I can do about it. I checked my amazon account and still have the purchase showing with no such refund.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just got to part of story quest where you need to catch a 15 pound fish?? I’ve been ignoring fishing the whole time, is this something I can catch at lvl 1 or when and where should I do it?

it’s been so long since I leveled up in an mmo I forgot how much of a slog it feels like, can’t wait till this is done.

at whoever said samey tile sets, it does mix it up once you get to ebony’s reach and eden grove, though the grove is mostly someone vomiting crayola over the trees more than anything else. But the swampy region is cool and unique.

walking around mourning dale grabbing hemp while rain hits boulders and rays of light pass thru trees with , and the grass blows around by creek water, is pretty goddamn gorgeous in this game I have to give it to them I actually stop here and there to admire how nice it looks and I haven’t done that in an mmo since my nude mod in black desert stopped working

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Just got to part of story quest where you need to catch a 15 pound fish?? I’ve been ignoring fishing the whole time, is this something I can catch at lvl 1 or when and where should I do it?

it’s been so long since I leveled up in an mmo I forgot how much of a slog it feels like, can’t wait till this is done.

at whoever said samey tile sets, it does mix it up once you get to ebony’s reach and eden grove, though the grove is mostly someone vomiting crayola over the trees more than anything else. But the swampy region is cool and unique.

walking around mourning dale grabbing hemp while rain hits boulders and rays of light pass thru trees with , and the grass blows around by creek water, is pretty goddamn gorgeous in this game I have to give it to them I actually stop here and there to admire how nice it looks and I haven’t done that in an mmo since my nude mod in black desert stopped working
It'll take you less than 10 casts to get a 15 pound fish for Juice. You're almost done, but the following part has you fighting a Monster in the Motherwell that f'n WRECKS - so definitely have a full group. People cant back track or skip quests into the little room, so only people that are on the same step as you can do it. Really dumb / odd design choice in that decision.

• 1Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
At least the patch changes show they are listening a bit, even if the bot defense isn't ideal, and I'm now encumbered by too many refining items.

Also, there's now a mini map add on, shows chests, resources etc. Who knows what is bannable these days though:

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Sell your refinement for cheap. I’ll buy that shit if it is low enough.

ill gather 3k linen and get stuck being unable to make sateen and silk

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's a combination of several games really. The way they have the loot system set up is identical to Warhammer Vermentide 2/Diablo. The harvest/crafting system is similar to Albion Online. It has climbing like that of Assassins Creed and has combat that is sorta similar to Dark Souls but a bit faster paced.

It should have done 2m in box sales for launch but the skepticism regarding the Amazon Studios brand and game direction was too much to overcome. The reputation has yet to be built.

I still see wow players on Asmongold's stream insisting the game is "boring" each day without fail.

Was Albion boring was Runescape boring. Seems like an edgy take.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Its definitely the most similar to albion. There are pulls from other mmos but that one is easily the closest. Gathering and crafting systems especially.

Meanwhile everyone just compares shit to what they like. This game is basically ff10 with the islandy feel and people being dreamed into existence! No retard its a wow clone. No fuck you its basically warhammer online god I miss that game. Turkish spam. Hey guys I think its like sid meiers pirates. Etc etc.
From the moment I saw the game on my buddies system, I thought it looked like Skyrim.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
After 4 failed attempts at good T5 bags that rolled stupid shit like Plentiful Arrows and a shitty weight reduction I finally got 2 god bags. I was guaranteeing Luck with the expensive as hell adderstone, but didn't want Luck + trash.

Best bag I've ever seen. The other one is almost as good, but Azoth instead of Ore weight. (I don't have enough armorcrafting, had a guildy craft them).

As annoying as the randomness of crafted items can be in this game, boy does it feel good when you roll well. It's only a bag, but hey, bags are forever.

Attachments

• bag5.jpg
    bag5.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 7Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 9 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sitting at a world boss/elite spawn farming it over and over for the 1-5% drop chance of a BIS legendary item.

This isn't Skyrim or Guild Wars 2 or Albion.

This is Everquest.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

After 4 failed attempts at good T5 bags that rolled stupid shit like Plentiful Arrows and a shitty weight reduction I finally got 2 god bags. I was guaranteeing Luck with the expensive as hell adderstone, but didn't want Luck + trash.

Best bag I've ever seen. The other one is almost as good, but Azoth instead of Ore weight. (I don't have enough armorcrafting, had a guildy craft them).

As annoying as the randomness of crafted items can be in this game, boy does it feel good when you roll well. It's only a bag, but hey, bags are forever.
Really nice rolls. I want to say that Ill never fill up my T4 bags, but I have barely any perks that increase yield. Ive got 3 tier 4 bags with extra pockets and the difference would be roughly 360 extra weight to do that grind all over again for Tier 5. Only one of them has luck, but man.. Tier 5 bags is a DEEP grind to get those rolls again.

Also - There is a war tonight at 8pm in Cutlass Keys for Syndicate. Would love to see some of you 55-60's on Vingolf log on and help my buddies and I win that territory. Been grouping with the guild leader all day for "Purple Reignn." Starting to feel like the Forum guild is just a jumping point for someone that is a no lifer for those of you wanting "more."

xmod2

<Gold Donor>

Rolled those blind on a T4 bag for my buddy. I even gave it to him!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really nice rolls. I want to say that Ill never fill up my T4 bags, but I have barely any perks that increase yield. Ive got 3 tier 4 bags with extra pockets and the difference would be roughly 360 extra weight to do that grind all over again for Tier 5. Only one of them has luck, but man.. Tier 5 bags is a DEEP grind to get those rolls again.

Also - There is a war tonight at 8pm in Cutlass Keys for Syndicate. Would love to see some of you 55-60's on Vingolf log on and help my buddies and I win that territory. Been grouping with the guild leader all day for "Purple Reignn." Starting to feel like the Forum guild is just a jumping point for someone that is a no lifer for those of you wanting "more."
I've got a t3, t4, and the gator bag (Ebonscale quest, it's similar to t4). I'm almost always under 1/4. I did almost fill it with an hour of hunting iron ore (3k iron, 1k silver), but that's a pretty extreme event. And I was basically tired of farming ore by then.