New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think a lot of the issues with this game is that it's not all hacked yet. They've datamined some items and some mobs and some things, but they don 't know how to put them together. There wasn't a bunch of tryhard guilds blasting the 60 meta and crafting god gear in beta/alpha like other MMOs, so there's no "how-to" guide for all this shit. And I love it.

And yes, there were 60s and big guilds in alpha and beta, but not like other MMO's. I was in alpha and there weren't even quests for most of it, and when they did add them they stopped at around level 35. So you just had hardcore grinders and few of them. But then, half the shit that's in game wasn't in. So even for the tryhards and Meta Matts, this shit is new and unknown until some one actually finds out about it.
Yeah it took a dev and a tweet to give away the secret to how to raise your GS caps. Without that tweet/post, whatever it was, people would still be wondering how. Even now majority of people still believe that your worn GS detirmines what drops. Which is probabaly why im selling all that 520+ gear on market.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Money is useless anyways aside the few things from AH you want like tools, maybe a pece of gear or two and if you have fucking houses all over the fucking place. Maybe rare mats if youre a crafter. But even then I would not waste moneys on some crafting skillups or rare mats until youre 60 and trying to craft end game shit.

I constantly have about 25K on me and use my cash frequently. Even donated like 10K over the course of the game to my guild when they needed it.
"Money is worthless"

"I use my cash frequently"

Uh...

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What I mean is that there is really nothing for me to buy. Other than maybe being lazy and paying for some ore or some other crafting mats whilst trying to up my crafting. But thats more of a lazy choice than a need.

I would def buy azoth bottles. Im constantly out of that shit, especially while doing the nightly elite farming runs all over the world. But thats something that you cant just craft and bottle up, lol. its rare drops.

Tools? One time purchase

Bags? One time purchase

Gear 550+? Maybe but once you reach 600+ its again, one time purchase.

So crafting ends up being the $$ if you decide to buy the mats instead of farming them. That and taxes on house{s}

Maybe pots? shit like corruption, once the fix the T5 breeches and staff?

Last edited:

Cybsled

Big gold sinks are

Repairs
Taxes

However, the game has no reliable gold generation mechanics. Town upkeep is very expensive- to the point that towns outside of core ones like EF or WW lose money on most servers. Housing taxes are way too high. Repairing gear at high levels runs you around 150-200 per repair

We’re in a bubble right now. When people exhaust the one off quests generating the gold, there is no actual means of generating more gold than the sinks eat up. And people are realizing this and hording gold, which is tanking the economy for most

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Mobs drop gold. About 10 a pop, not all of them but they do. You do a elite farm for a few hours you will end up positive for sure. Also salvaging some dropped gear nets som minor coin too.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The economy issues are just more of the '3-4 different games on top of one another' issue they've had from their try anything approach to game development.

They went for the Albion style resource refinement, but then with some kind of looter-style item dropping from mobs. I believe super early on they had full loot on pvp, so the massive amount of gear being generated by every single person was less of an issue since you would be replacing things you lost from pvp. They got rid of forced pvp and full loot, but never did anything about the durability of goods/gear. A lot of games have this problem where the only tradeskills that end up mattering are ones that focus on consumables. Albion has the Black Market where every single item in the game is crafted, including the mob drops. Players can sell items they craft to the black market, which adds them to the loot pool for chests/mobs/etc. Not sure if they could tie this into the market board or something, where you turn in finished goods or even the 'box of armor' and that gives increased gold and contributes those resources to the mob drop pool or something.

I feel like the game is so confused, there is no simple answer to fixing any of these systems. They've hit this sort of local equilibrium where they can't solve any of there problems by incremental moves in any direction without breaking way more things.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Mobs drop gold. About 10 a pop, not all of them but they do. You do a elite farm for a few hours you will end up positive for sure. Also salvaging some dropped gear nets som minor coin too.

Yes...so at half a gold coin per salvage and 10 gold per mob once every 10-15 mobs means that after 20 hours of just gold grinding, I can maybe pay my 5 day house tax!

The sink to earn ratio in this game is fucking dumb right now.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The repair cost after a full night of grinding is also several hundred gold. I think my last repair all was like 300ish, and stuff was probably half durability.

You're essentially just treading water at this point.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They will prob see how this develops as more and more peeps hit endgame and then make some changes. But ive seen posts on their forums about the econ from the beginning. People prob noticed the problems in beta.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
if there needs to be more gold inserted its as simple as NPCs in the city to sell your shit to for gold instead of constantly salvaging.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It seems like most of the issues are related to the IG desync bullshit or whatever their engine does to only have "lag" in certain parts of the battlefield (does that have a proper name?). I know on most servers there are certain factions or companies that tend to abuse them more early before being fixed which is frustrating and def not fun.

They've had two patches in 3 weeks and addressed pretty much all the top issues at that time (week late on some things). seems like the desync is more indepth than a quickfix though. can't really blame them that there are so many spergs who hit 60in a week and look to cheese everything now (typical pvp crowd so is to be expected)

The upper levels weren't as extensively tested so i'm sure now that thousands are maxed there is new stuff popping up everyday. as long as they are addressed as they have been i'm cool. i'm not 60 though
What the fuck are you talking about. They haven't done jack shit.

Apparently some Aussie server crashed and in the process the server fast forwarded 20 days and still had invasions going on which wiped out all the settlement progress. Amazon tells them tough shit. What the fuck?

Just like my shed of lost t4 refined mats on the 3rd/4th day, which would have kept me way ahead of everyone on the server, but instead I fell behind and lost out on huge profit. Still nothing from them. Or still nothing on my bugged 25k faction token cap.

They did not have a proper CS team in place whatsoever. They hired a regular Indian call center and it's fucking insane. They don't realize that an MMO is not like some random piece of software, you NEED this CS in place for gamebreaking shit like this or everyone will lose faith and walk away.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Big gold sinks are

Repairs
Taxes

However, the game has no reliable gold generation mechanics. Town upkeep is very expensive- to the point that towns outside of core ones like EF or WW lose money on most servers. Housing taxes are way too high. Repairing gear at high levels runs you around 150-200 per repair

We’re in a bubble right now. When people exhaust the one off quests generating the gold, there is no actual means of generating more gold than the sinks eat up. And people are realizing this and hording gold, which is tanking the economy for most
Repair costs are so bad that I've honestly started buying 530 green weapons for 10 gold rather than spending 50 gold to repair. Unless I really need the extra dps, I just use a new green until it is broken and toss it. LOL

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
Repair costs are so bad that I've honestly started buying 530 green weapons for 10 gold rather than spending 50 gold to repair. Unless I really need the extra dps, I just use a new green until it is broken and toss it. LOL
Economy working as intended!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Amazon really should have released Lost Ark this month and pushed New World to 22 to focus on more testing. Dumb fucks

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
What the fuck are you talking about. They haven't done jack shit.

Just like my shed of lost t4 refined mats on the 3rd/4th day, which would have kept me way ahead of everyone on the server, but instead I fell behind and lost out on huge profit. Still nothing from them. Or still nothing on my bugged 25k faction token cap.

They did not have a proper CS team in place whatsoever. They hired a regular Indian call center and it's fucking insane. They don't realize that an MMO is not like some random piece of software, you NEED this CS in place for gamebreaking shit like this or everyone will lose faith and walk away.
Yeah, they are careening towards a cliff they won't be able to walk back from. I can't believe they didn't see this coming. Like Eve without the A-Splode. Let's Go Brandon Bezos We're fucked.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
The real wtf are people selling expert repair kits for more than a full repair costs? :emoji_upside_down:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Big drops tonight, hitting that 550 GS shit on many of my drops...

1634624632726.png

Just look at my inventory after a full elite run across the world... And this is with deleting 1/2 of it because encumbrance...

1634624764503.png
1634624794445.png

Cant even fit all the gear on one shot lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 2 users