New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They also didnt address the crazy ass mat requirements to get any crafting profession to 200.

For example here is armoring 150-200...

1638538999808.png

This guide might be old as some of these professions just got worse to level post last patch too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So a dude I know in a decently big yellow guild said his entire guild is moving to Calnogor in a few days and I pretty much convinced the leader of Syndicated to do the same thing and it seems like a lot of other people are interested as well. So in about a week from now, Vingolf will basically be a ghost town. Calns lowest population is the same as Vingolfs absolute peak and OPR's and elite groups are running nearly 24/7 with a peak pop of 1500-1600 on weekdays.
It would be "nice" to know what that map looks like? Is it purple, yellow? etc. But in reality, I dont care - Calnogor looks like a top 5 US East server, so if thats where you want to go, Im down.
They also didnt address the crazy ass mat requirements to get any crafting profession to 200.

For example here is armoring 150-200...

View attachment 385838

This guide might be old as some of these professions just got worse to level post last patch too.
Look, this argument needs to die in a fire. Any informed person knows that you only need maybe 30-40% of those mats at most. All the bonuses a player "should" be using makes quick work of these trades by orders of magnitude. Took me several days to level armor smithing cause I brute forced it like a moron. Took substantially less time to finish up weapon making after the change, cause I wasnt pants on head retarded.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
It would be "nice" to know what that map looks like? Is it purple, yellow? etc. But in reality, I dont care - Calnogor looks like a top 5 US East server, so if thats where you want to go, Im down.

Look, this argument needs to die in a fire. Any informed person knows that you only need maybe 30-40% of those mats at most. All the bonuses a player "should" be using makes quick work of these trades by orders of magnitude. Took me several days to level armor smithing cause I brute forced it like a moron. Took substantially less time to finish up weapon making after the change, cause I wasnt pants on head retarded.
Ok pretend you are talking to a pants on head retard, and fill me in on these bonuses.

Daidraco

Ok pretend you are talking to a pants on head retard, and fill me in on these bonuses.
These are just off the top of my head w/o logging into the game to verify.

200 Refining - Hefty bonus to yield. (up to 30%)
Yield Armor (Tannin etc.) - Hefty bonus to yield. (up to 10%)
Territory Standing - Gathering Speed - Hefty bonus to yield. (Up to 50%)
Using tier 4 and 5 reagents - Hefty bonus to yield. (up to 40%)
Proficiency Potions - Hefty bonus to yield. (up to 15%)
Yield Tool - Hefty bonus to yield. (up to 16.67%)
Salvaging - Incredibly hefty bonus to yield. (up to 30%)

-Use your luck gear on what you're harvesting so you pick up legendary mats. Make the dailies to sell or just sell the mats and buy other mats off the market board.

-Find routes for different types of nodes and have multiple routes so you can selectively choose where to farm if the other is crowded.

*Some yield increases are multiplicative or additive. The yield bonus on your tool is much less valuable than the yield bonus on the refining station, but still worth it, for example. The refining armor (RIP no smelting) like tannin and weavers is insanely valuable.

• 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It's very evenly split currently.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Apparently theyre going/looking to introduce a way to turn your spare Orichalcum and similar tier (iron wood for example) into the legendary mats at a rate of (currently) 250 to 1. Ex. 250 Orichalcum translates to 1 Tolvium. I'm hoping this goes all the way down to tier 1 mats. Maybe 50 Iron turns into 1 Fae Iron, for example. Not too concerned about the lower tier, would just be nice for people leveling up imo.

But as Demone Kim put it out there, people are already hoarding Orichalcum and similar for the update. I think thats pretty dumb considering we dont know when this will go live, but whatever. This change would crush the market for the mats like Tolvium, but not the market for Asmodeum etc.

Also, the Gypsum machine costs something like 475 gold to make the one expertise upgrade. Game already has a ton of gold sinks, so adding another hefty one like this is a bit of a sting. The gypsum machine looks way out of place, but the concept is appreciated.

On that same note - Im not too concerned over the cost of that because I believe the gold sink for housing is going to stay at the rate its currently at, the taxing income for factions from housing is going to be gutted and Expertise grinding will make up a huge portion of the incoming taxes done now. The only gripe I have with this change is that I have a lot of territory standing in Windsward thats targeting property tax. So if that change goes through, then Im saving what.. a hundred gold or something? Versus having my territory standing being in decreased crafting fees where it would decrease the cost of making expertise upgrades. I know AGS will probably look at it as "you're going to end up getting them all anyways so /shrug" - but it would be nice for a territory standing refund so we can respec.

Cybsled

Additional PTR datamining is revealing some interesting bits

1) Watermark bump chance from chests and elites is being heavily nerfed - like half for chests and much more for elites
2) The water mark bump is you get is being halved at higher GS levels - like for instance, instead of getting a chance of a 2 bump at the higher end of the GS, you only get 1. They're basically front loading the bumps it seems into the initial shit, then it tapers off significantly. So it is actually much harder to get to higher WM now without using the new orbs
3) The orb things guarantee a 10 bump, but as noted, costs about 600g combined per craft. Your ability to get the orb materials is also going to heavily depend on your server population.
4) GA and WH are finally getting some nerfs to damage and CC duration
5) Void gauntlet anti-healing getting a heavy nerf from 25% to 10%

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Additional PTR datamining is revealing some interesting bits

1) Watermark bump chance from chests and elites is being heavily nerfed - like half for chests and much more for elites
2) The water mark bump is you get is being halved at higher GS levels - like for instance, instead of getting a chance of a 2 bump at the higher end of the GS, you only get 1. They're basically front loading the bumps it seems into the initial shit, then it tapers off significantly. So it is actually much harder to get to higher WM now without using the new orbs
3) The orb things guarantee a 10 bump, but as noted, costs about 600g combined per craft. Your ability to get the orb materials is also going to heavily depend on your server population.
4) GA and WH are finally getting some nerfs to damage and CC duration
5) Void gauntlet anti-healing getting a heavy nerf from 25% to 10%
Void gauntlet has anti healing? Since when?

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like a lot of what is being changed. But still, the tuning orb situation is the biggest issue not getting my addressed, imo. Not for me personally because I craft the keys myself, but the mat reqs are still too high. My brothers and a couple rl friends I play with are insanely salty that people are charging to run dungeons. The system as it is has caused the situation and it doesn’t really bother me, but for a lot of people it’s a big deal.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Changes look good, I haven't played in over a month though. Always knew there'd be a point to come back. This may not be it, but stuff looks good. Really waiting for the server crunch and see what the figure out for low population issues. They just need to cluster shit so your servers are instanced until it hits cap and then spawns a new instance. Then roll the server sets into that. The problem would be PVP ownership and shit, but honestly they should figure out how to tune out the ownership shit and keep wars/invasions being worthwhile and relative.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I like a lot of what is being changed. But still, the tuning orb situation is the biggest issue not getting my addressed, imo. Not for me personally because I craft the keys myself, but the mat reqs are still too high. My brothers and a couple rl friends I play with are insanely salty that people are charging to run dungeons. The system as it is has caused the situation and it doesn’t really bother me, but for a lot of people it’s a big deal.
They made it wayyyy easier to craft them now since all portals can give shards, even level 25 mini ones that you can solo in like 20 seconds. Charging people makes the most sense as you can craft a single orb and get paid say 6k, now you have enough to buy 4 more runs on topof the 1k guaranteed from each run. You literally get at least around 75% of the purchase price back from running the dungeon itself so anyone complaining is an absolute moron.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
They made it wayyyy easier to craft them now since all portals can give shards, even level 25 mini ones that you can solo in like 20 seconds. Charging people makes the most sense as you can craft a single orb and get paid say 6k, now you have enough to buy 4 more runs on topof the 1k guaranteed from each run. You literally get at least around 75% of the purchase price back from running the dungeon itself so anyone complaining is an absolute moron.
I don’t disagree. The amount of coin charged to run a dungeon is trivial. But sadly, the small group I currently play with is a bunch of whiners. I’m fine to run a few rounds of portals when I’m on, make my keys, run my dungeons. I don’t charge a dime for Genesis, but I do charge for Lazarus.

People have gone soft over the years(especially my personal friends).They’ve forgotten raiding in EQ and not getting a single piece of gear for weeks. They’ve forgotten VT keys, epic quests, and other sinks(I’m sure there’s some WoW shit but I was never “hardcore” in WoW). I like a bit of a grind.

My complaint about dungeon requirements isn’t for me, it’s for the affect it can have on me by the people who won’t play because of them. I love playing with my brothers. As we’ve gotten older, gaming is about the only hobby we share. But they’re pussies. 😂

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I don’t disagree. The amount of coin charged to run a dungeon is trivial. But sadly, the small group I currently play with is a bunch of whiners. I’m fine to run a few rounds of portals when I’m on, make my keys, run my dungeons. I don’t charge a dime for Genesis, but I do charge for Lazarus.

People have gone soft over the years(especially my personal friends).They’ve forgotten raiding in EQ and not getting a single piece of gear for weeks. They’ve forgotten VT keys, epic quests, and other sinks(I’m sure there’s some WoW shit but I was never “hardcore” in WoW). I like a bit of a grind.

My complaint about dungeon requirements isn’t for me, it’s for the affect it can have on me by the people who won’t play because of them. I love playing with my brothers. As we’ve gotten older, gaming is about the only hobby we share. But they’re pussies. 😂

I think you're on to something with the getting soft thing, only we're older and grumpier now, each of us having a different tolerance to bullshiat time gating or farming requirements.

While I loved the leveling up, crafting and exploring, I absolutely hated that dungeons had a one use key. I hated home taxes because of being a broke 60 (before OPR opened up, even not WAY too many gold sinks). I couldn't keep my group of friends playing for the same reasons.

Some of the changes seem to be on the right path, but they need to fscking walk on EGGSHELLS when it comes to reducing player power, or any other nerfs. 95% of their remaining player base has absolutely no patience, and is just waiting for a wayward nerf to give them an excuse to quit!

Daidraco

Its easy to see the writing on the wall. Orbs/keys w/e, are going to be for dungeon mutations. They arent stupid and see the lack of content and until dungeon mutations are in, they are required for the base content in order to prop up stone cutting until then.

Lumi Lumi , g/f transferred to Calnogor or w/e just a minute ago and it looks great. Next time I log on, I'm going to go ahead and go there. Havent seen that many people in several weeks.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah you guys say all this shit, and sure you make sense but aint no one got time for that shit these days. This is not 1999 and this is not EQ. Gaming has evolved since and people dont want to grind for shit like an entrance to a fucking dungeon you have to grind anyway because 99.9% of the drops there are shit anyway. If there would be a guaranteed legendary from every run, then sure, key the shit up. But I can tell you from personal experience and running about 20 or so genesis Ive gotten maybe 3 drops even worth a damn there.

The crafting shit above about 30% more crap? Ok, given that, subtract 30% of mats from that list and you still got a good dicking in the ass. LOOOL Good luck collecting 12K starmetal or buying it... Or the 120K rawhide. all to craft the 900 or so useless items you cannot even sell because its shit. to get 50 crafting levels.

All this shit is a way to cockblock people form seeing there is no fucking end game here. I dont even know why you guys are defending this shit. If you want crafting to be harder, than make the actual good items harder to craft, not the destination to get there. (Which they already are anyway requiring 24 hr CD materials and rare ass legendary droppable shit)

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Yeah you guys say all this shit, and sure you make sense but aint no one got time for that shit these days. This is not 1999 and this is not EQ. Gaming has evolved since and people dont want to grind for shit like an entrance to a fucking dungeon you have to grind anyway because 99.9% of the drops there are shit anyway. If there would be a guaranteed legendary from every run, then sure, key the shit up. But I can tell you from personal experience and running about 20 or so genesis Ive gotten maybe 3 drops even worth a damn there.

The crafting shit above about 30% more crap? Ok, given that, subtract 30% of mats from that list and you still got a good dicking in the ass. LOOOL Good luck collecting 12K starmetal or buying it... Or the 120K rawhide.

All this shit is a way to cockblock people form seeing there is no fucking end game here. I dont even know why you guys are defending this shit. If you want crafting to be harder, than make the actual good items harder to craft, not the destination to get there. (Which they already are anyway requiring 24 hr CD materials and rare ass legendary droppable shit)
Hey man, no copium here... lot of shit I could complain about with this game. Im invested so I pay attention to it, cause I actually like the f'n game no matter how much I hate it at the same time. But one of the things you mentioned just goes against how MMO's are played in general, regardless of the lack of end game content. If you're doing genesis etc. that much, you probably arent even remotely close to being impacted by stopping until they release some more shit. Its not a big deal, really.

But its not 30% off the total amount. Its more like 70-80% off the total amount to gather to get 200.
Even in WoW, you dont get the BIS for every slot easily.

I feel what you're saying, I do. But it is what it is. I want to see the game succeed and if you've stuck with it this long, you probably do to. But lets be realistic here.

• 1Like