New World

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Never noticed this before, but the DRM is listed as Steam. Are they moving off their own launcher to Steam?
1581619482934.png

xzi

Mouthbreather
Never noticed this before, but the DRM is listed as Steam. Are they moving off their own launcher to Steam?
View attachment 248953

Yeah, they added to to steam last month sometime. Can pre order and everything if you really desire. Not sure if it'll still be on their launcher or not but that's where I'll be buying it.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So, the creator will have the town inherit his faction. What even are the factions?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Looks to be 3 factions that are at war with each other but part of the issue with this game for me at the moment is the distinct lack of information. The game is set to release in May 2020 but the amount of information available is more like a game that is set to release in May 2021.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Looks to be 3 factions that are at war with each other but part of the issue with this game for me at the moment is the distinct lack of information. The game is set to release in May 2020 but the amount of information available is more like a game that is set to release in May 2021.

I kinda like that though, I'm sick of knowing everything about a game and movie before it even releases.

Weird problem with an MMO though is you're behind if you don't start first day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Is there a white colonizer faction that is intent on killing off the noble natives, taking their land and going there for vacation?

Because I say we join that faction.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Weird problem with an MMO though is you're behind if you don't start first day.

Only on the WoW model. If they don't have timegating via things like dailies you'll be able to catch up by just putting more time in.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Just got the newest Alpha invitation, it is a steam activation code, client size 29G, testing time February 15th at 7-8pm PT

newworldexpeditionnowv1._CB1579292624_.png
WOR_0090_v011_Final2._CB423794288_.jpg

EXPLORER,​
Welcome to the New World Alpha Test on Steam. We’ve added a tremendous amount of new features and content based on player feedback since you played in the last Alpha Test. For example, you’ll notice that we’ve added new PVE content and gameplay experiences, whole territories are now controlled and governed by player companies, and PvP has been adjusted to provide fair fights that are organized, skill based, and opted into by all participants. Visit Newworld.com for more information.
Your involvement and feedback will help our team improve New World in preparation for the game’s release in May. The Alpha Test server is in the United States, so gameplay experience could vary based on region.​
Please keep in mind that the New World Alpha Test is a confidential testing release that is subject to the pre-release NDA in the Amazon Games Terms of Use. Please do not disclose content from or information about the game or this Alpha Test in any form. If you do, you will be removed from the Alpha Test.
Steam Product Code​
ILOVE-1FOH1-FORUM​

Note: This Steam Product Code is personal to you. You may not sell or transfer this code to anyone else.

Please follow these instructions to activate New World on Steam:​
  1. Launch the Steam client software and log into your Steam account.
  2. Click the Games Menu.
  3. Choose Activate a Product on Steam.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

After you install the game, you’re ready to play!

Your feedback helps! Please respond to surveys, report bugs, and give your feedback through the in-game feedback tab and our forums. Thanks in advance for helping us make New World the best it can be.

- The New World Team​
Help us test!
This Saturday, February 15th at 7-8pm PT make the trek to Cooper Ranch, located just northwest of Windsward. Meet up at Cooper Ranch, create as large a player swarm as possible and kill every creature in sight! This will give us valuable data to help make New World the best it can be.
See you there!​

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Just got a beta code for this.
Last time I got in beta I played maybe 1-2 hours and bailed.
I guess its worth trying out again, sounds like there's been a large shift in direction

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really do love decorating MMO houses....

Oh boy! Who is going to be our mayor again?

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Is there any sort of organization mentioned so far for this? I'd be up for some forum-bro action if the game isn't total shit.

iannis

Musty Nester
I really do love decorating MMO houses....

Oh boy! Who is going to be our mayor again?

I always go and collect ALL the flowers and stuffed animals.

Hey, you gotta let the gay out somewhere. And I'm not up for sucking dicks at the truck stop.