New World

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The game lets you use a Musket and a Rapier, but just how frilly are the available shirts?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Wage

Molten Core Raider
The game lets you use a Musket and a Rapier, but just how frilly are the available shirts?

Dapper boy 2.png

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
did something happen in the last 30 minutes or something? i havent experienced a hiccup let alone a crash now randomly (in the same zone ive been in for 90% of my playtime) im crashing non stop 90% of the time my game dosent even load in and the times it does it crashes after about 15seconds

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
These 50 vs 50 wars they have going on are fucking laaaag fests. Soon as like 20+ people go to a point the game literally stops. Everyone I have seen so far has been like this.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, their shit needs serious fuckin tweaks. The group PvP is...uhhhh....lacking nuance. You basically just mash your shit and hope that through the netcode/lag you register some bullshit in between the constant rolling around. If they don't bring some serious love to the combat I think this game will not make it past a few months. The dodge mechanic in its current form is really fucking stupid, honestly. I think the dodge cool down needs to be increased, and probably the roll needs to be removed entirely. Reducing the damage for weapons like great axe would be another good thing, as well as giving options for enhanced ranged defense for those who want to run pure melee builds. Above all of that, I hope they can do something to reduce the lag for mass PvP, because without mass PvP the game has basically no end-game content. I'll be playing at launch, but hoping they can dig deep into their Bezos bucks and hire enough talent to slam through some serious content/overhauls.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I've seen some large battles that weren't laggy. 20+,30+ easy on my shitty computer, I do have fiber though. I have not done a War but without actually playing you can't pick up on the delay/lag as much in the videos, I'm sure there is some.

Dodge is great for single player pvp and for small groups. Adds to the combat a lot IMO since you can't just SPAM attacks and takes more thought. Large group PVP to me is always going to have the drawbacks of group everything, lag, aiming, chaos, of course hitboxes + lag is troublesome.

The heavy armor needs to be tweaked, more limited mobility & dodge since basically everyone runs mostly heavy armor right now with one or two lower pieces. GA will be nerfed / bugfixed. The roll for the soft targets seem reasonable if they get to that light armor #, there has to be some tradeoff.

People don't really know what they want with combat. Should I be able to faceroll someone when I get the jump with no mobility options, or should someone who has skill and can dodge and time their attacks be rewarded? single/small group/large scale are all going to be different and don't think everything can be perfect IMO.

hopefully they continue to evolve their systems

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It gets worse. On Barzakh, they have some of the frilly boi's running around with, lets just say.. "colorful"... dyes.
did something happen in the last 30 minutes or something? i havent experienced a hiccup let alone a crash now randomly (in the same zone ive been in for 90% of my playtime) im crashing non stop 90% of the time my game dosent even load in and the times it does it crashes after about 15seconds
Beta ends today - Between people no longer playing till release, and it being Monday, the server load is likely a fraction of what it was a week ago. I personally think a lot of the bugs and crashes happen because of the lag between the client and the server. As if the net code was programmed to wait for a response before loading something, only for it to time out and crash you. Not to mention the litany of crashes and errors people get on Nvidia cards that have came out since the 20x0 series for whatever reason. Game runs flawless on my work computer with a 970 on High settings. I get on my 3090 and it sounds like a rocket ship on any setting, even with everything set up for the cards safety. (capped frames, capped power draw etc.)

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
Both my cpu and gpu are liquid cooled, 3700x and 2070 Super. The highest temperature I have seen is 51C for gpu and 49C for cpu. Really wonder if nivida did not provide them with cards to use during development for these issues to be cropping up.

I tried it on my old laptop with a mobile 980gtx and it ran great, looked pretty good as well.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What resolution are you running at? My 1660ti used to run quiet as a mouse until I upgraded to a 1440p monitor.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Except ESO actually had better questing and story lines. Rest of the game was shit though.

• 1Picard
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
After Lost Ark beta my interest in this bottomed down - The zones dude found with immortality did nothing to change my thoughts at all.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I’m pretty hyped for it. Actually aiming in an MMO? Yes please.

On top of that the world is beautifully crafted and sound is fantastic. The crafting system itself is also really neat.

This appears to be the best MMO to come around in years.

• 1Solidarity

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The heavy armor needs to be tweaked, more limited mobility & dodge since basically everyone runs mostly heavy armor right now with one or two lower pieces.

This was a problem in ESO too. There was just no reason not to run Heavy armor in a huge variety of builds in PvP. They had to nerf it over and over again and make it so you have to fully commit to Heavy to really get a decent benefit.

You have to put in huge damage/stamina incentives for Medium armor and huge movement/mana incentives for Light imo.

New World really is very similar to ESO no matter what some people say. So the devs would be wise to learn from ESO's past mistakes.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ill play it because its new, only $40 preorder and there is shit else to play until new Battlefield hits. But this without more end gamey pve shit will endure a quick death. The beta was only a few weeks and people already pretty maxxed out close to 600 gear score and bored. So lets hope they have something up their sleeve they are holding back or this will not last.

I mean they can go nerf the leveling to crawl pace and eek lout another week but that would be a shitty way to do things.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
To be honest I was starting to get bored around lvl20. The questing was brutally repetitive by the time I got there.
I haven't tried PVP or raids at all though, so kind of like judging a restaurant by the front door I guess?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users