New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Valhalla is the "unofficial" PvP server right? Just wondering why it's able to bump Olympus so hard during off hours.
Iirc, yes it is the unofficial PVP server. 2100 max, 900 low - pretty nice server for PVP just based on the numbers alone. I would say its probably a gatherers worst nightmare though lul.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Iirc, yes it is the unofficial PVP server. 2100 max, 900 low - pretty nice server for PVP just based on the numbers alone. I would say its probably a gatherers worst nightmare though lul.

BDO ended up too much MMO for me right now at this point in my life, so me and some pals agreed to reroll NW. Calgonor is the play then.

Any specific faction team I should steer clear of joining there? I assume its a two-team dichotomy like other servers where the third team is not competitive and at a disadvantage perpetually.

Daidraco

BDO ended up too much MMO for me right now at this point in my life, so me and some pals agreed to reroll NW. Calgonor is the play then.

Any specific faction team I should steer clear of joining there? I assume its a two-team dichotomy like other servers where the third team is not competitive and at a disadvantage perpetually.
I've had my nose to the grind stone, literally, trying to finish out Fishing (153 atm, I can taste the freedom!), Stone Cutting and Wood Working - mostly influenced by the upcoming Gypsum system but also setting up some future grinds for myself. So I cant tell you who second place is on Calg cause I just havent paid attention. Maybe Lumi Lumi can fill you in better on that situation. There is no clear cut "look at the map and see" as referenced below. But the server and all the people on it have definitely put some fire back into the game for me, personally. If they hurry up with the server merges - I think the overall mood of the players will go up once they can start to enjoy what high pop servers get to enjoy.

edit : Wherever you go, dont forget to change your faction to whatever faction you want to be in before changing. Not only not being able to change to the bigger faction, but it also resets your CD on faction change. Think McFly McFly had this issue. On a good note though - It reset all three of my houses to good standing and I didnt have to pay any taxes this week.

Calgonor.jpg

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Purple is definitely top dog right now. I kind of want to switch to either yellow or green and play on a more underdog faction because it gets pretty boring just stomping 24/7.

Xerge

<Donor>
I quit this around level 15. It had way too many issues for me. I somewhat kept up to date with it, mostly the hogs, exploits etc…

Today I watched this, it was way worse than I thought. They lost over 90% of their player base in 3 months, must be a record. Some servers have 5 people online…FIVE, that’s hilarious.

The thing is - the game may appear dead on the outside but if you log into any high pop server you'll interact with more people than you would logging into ff14. Almost tempted to put endwalker on the backburner, gameplay is boring af nowadays.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Valhalla still gets queues.

Its alive and well there, I am constantly getting open world pvp encounters and theres a fuck ton of people in chat and constantly shifting controlled zones.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Good call on the thread title, looks like most have transferred off Vingolf LOL

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Apparently this isnt a sure-fire fix, but if you're experiencing graphical lag and chat issues that are "recent" - you can validate the game and it fixes it for some people. Fixed it for me where fences and such were never even loading in, or taking 40-50 seconds.

Game has got a long ways to go before it starts bringing people back to play it. At the pace updates and fixes are coming, I feel like thats going to be quite a long time.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If you're not max fishing in every MMO are you even a fan of the genre?

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I’m still enjoying it enough. Though to be fair I don’t have anything else to fill the mmo void right now. I pretty much just run portals, mangled heights, farm motes, and make dungeon keys to run them. I’ll burn out at some point, but it hasn’t happened yet. While playing on a populated server has some huge perks, it’s effectively impossible for me to run any mining or harvesting routes, so I can’t do a ton of crafting without spending an absolute fortune.

Would love to play the new FF14 expansion, but I really don’t know if I can go back to the ddr/rotation shit of traditional mmos. I guess I’m old, bad, or some moisture of the two.

As has been said countless times in this thread, a proper company supporting this game could turn it into something really fantastic. It’s a shame, really, but I’ll enjoy what I can until I don’t.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Daidraco

Are you insane?
Once you're in the range of 130 or so, with a tier 3 trophy (only need one, they dont stack like the other trophies), a full suit of "Lucky Waters III" and Large Luck Boost Bait - the last ~70 levels go a lot quicker. With those bonuses in 2 and 3 star spots, you fish up "Rare" fish on average, with a legendary fish every so often. The exp per level doesnt seem to ramp up as far as I could tell. Each level Im guessing takes around 30-40? common to uncommon rarity fish needed. So if you're pushing your luck up and getting a rare fish on average, thats cutting that amount of fish needed to level roughly in half. Rarity and size depicts exp rate. Then add in a Legendary fish will give you roughly 5 times that of a common fish, and you'll see what Im talking about.

Is it boring? God yes, but Im just biding my time till the winter update and Im hoarding the dungeon keys Im making. Its been profitable so far, not only because of the gems (at 200 with all bonuses maxxed, Im fishing up chests at about a 60% rate on 3 stars), and sold 2 Daemonaja fish for ~2500 gold this evening. The t3 trophy is going for 8k, and I have a couple up - so we'll see where those go eventually. Not amazing money, but pretty reliable flow considering Im just watching movies and shit while doing it. Im sure the profitability of it relies solely on the fact that barely anyone likes, or wants to get to 200 fishing.
I’m still enjoying it enough. Though to be fair I don’t have anything else to fill the mmo void right now. I pretty much just run portals, mangled heights, farm motes, and make dungeon keys to run them. I’ll burn out at some point, but it hasn’t happened yet. While playing on a populated server has some huge perks, it’s effectively impossible for me to run any mining or harvesting routes, so I can’t do a ton of crafting without spending an absolute fortune.

Would love to play the new FF14 expansion, but I really don’t know if I can go back to the ddr/rotation shit of traditional mmos. As has been said countless times in this thread, a proper company supporting this game could turn it into something really fantastic. It’s a shame, really, but I’ll enjoy what I can until I don’t.
I feel the same way about the game. I may play the FFXIV expansion at some point, but Im in no rush to sit in queue for several hours on a game I only feel "so so" about.