New World

Cybsled

If he doesn’t change the “die and lose your shit” or “town blows up when mega guild owns it and you lose shit” mechanics, then long run it will be a lower population niche game.

I agree that you’ll see a month or two of strong interest, then as people start to lose, they’ll just quit. In these types of games, everyone wants to be the wolf and not the sheep. When they feel like the sheep, the lose interest

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
The two biggest piss offs for me are no raid groups and no in-game gear set saving. How are you going to sell me on open world pvp when groups can't be bigger than normal group sizes. Which leads to the game's emergent gameplay 'chestruns', these are annoying/dumb af bc 1. herding the sheep in this game is an exercise on it's own no raid grouping tool 2. nothing cool like traps or lazers to fuck with ppl. FF14 spoiled me after having access to saved gear sets per class on one character, new world desperately needs this for it's role-gearsets.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Killer Rabbit event

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
The two biggest piss offs for me are no raid groups and no in-game gear set saving. How are you going to sell me on open world pvp when groups can't be bigger than normal group sizes. Which leads to the game's emergent gameplay 'chestruns', these are annoying/dumb af bc 1. herding the sheep in this game is an exercise on it's own no raid grouping tool 2. nothing cool like traps or lazers to fuck with ppl. FF14 spoiled me after having access to saved gear sets per class on one character, new world desperately needs this for it's role-gearsets.

There isn't even a mod for gear sets?

Biggest turnoff for me so far has been that it is 100% solo early game. Sometimes you just want to be by yourself but it is also nice to start meeting people and learning group dynamics in a Blackburrow/Ragefire.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There isn't even a mod for gear sets?

Biggest turnoff for me so far has been that it is 100% solo early game. Sometimes you just want to be by yourself but it is also nice to start meeting people and learning group dynamics in a Blackburrow/Ragefire.
I mean dungeons are not soloable and they start at lv20 something. There are several to do and even supply you with a few keys for yourself so you and your buddies can run them many times if you want. Also while you can solo, there is no stopping you from grouping up and doing the shit as well. Many of the 580? (been a while) weapon quests are duo or trio, I mean you CAN solo them, but they are way easier with a duo or trio or even a group since they all take you to some elite places. There is also the breeches to do in all level ranges starting at like lv 20?. My guild used to run them all the time for quick exp.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean dungeons are not soloable and they start at lv20 something. There are several to do and even supply you with a few keys for yourself so you and your buddies can run them many times if you want. Also while you can solo, there is no stopping you from grouping up and doing the shit as well. Many of the 580? (been a while) weapon quests are duo or trio, I mean you CAN solo them, but they are way easier with a duo or trio or even a group since they all take you to some elite places. There is also the breeches to do in all level ranges starting at like lv 20?. My guild used to run them all the time for quick exp.
I mean, are players even doing those dungeons anymore? I cant imagine anyone completing those early dungeon quests anymore.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
He was talking about early game though. And yeah today, prob totally solo since like 90% peeps are max level.lol

But back in the early days there was grouping galore.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I do see newbies around town and sometimes at quest sites. I've been playing around with tradeskills a little more to see if there is anything profitable.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Kinda bummed that this game shows some promise and they seem to have completely lost the opportunity with the fucked up release. Very little bump from the free weekend and discount.

1649939366627.png

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kinda bummed that this game shows some promise and they seem to have completely lost the opportunity with the fucked up release. Very little bump from the free weekend and discount.

View attachment 407943
I personally dont think anything meaningful has really changed between the time the majority of people quit and now. Theyve really got to knock the ball out of the park with a huge content update AND do the free weekend at the same time to get any meaningful traction imo. With as grindy as the game is, we'll never see a huge amount of players go back - but those of us that still enjoyed the game may give it a chance again at that point.

Xerge

<Donor>
dev update;
3v3 arenas(solo, team queue) will have a ring of fire effect to force a fight, pvp reward track(pvp expertise?). They want to reward pvp no matter which activity you're doing in pvp. Similar to gypsum orbs
dungeon finder coming with roles introduction to the game(healer, tank, dps). Sounds more like a dungeon 'listing' which you join.
regional transfers and paid xfers soon

Last edited:

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I made it to 25 and did the quest chain to get into the first expedition and couldn't find a group running it. Seems like everyone is doing end game stuff or carrying a guildee through. Maybe the dungeon finder will help with this sort of thing. Otherwise it's probably the end of the game for me.

Cybsled

You're best bet is to hope to find a bored high level that will just power run you through the dungeon

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I made it to 25 and did the quest chain to get into the first expedition and couldn't find a group running it. Seems like everyone is doing end game stuff or carrying a guildee through. Maybe the dungeon finder will help with this sort of thing. Otherwise it's probably the end of the game for me.

I remember doing this questline, and wondering if that would happen when the game lost almost all pop. Sad to hear. I never did the final part of that questline, did they ever fix that? The fact that only people who didn't complete it and were on the exact same step as you could help you kill that overtuned boss.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You def dont NEED the shit from them other than advancing the quest, but there is some damn good shit in those dungeons that carrys you for a while for sure. Especially weapon wise. Adn those dungeons are arguably some of the best parts of the game, lol.

But yeah I used to wonder the same shit, and this is why you need an ever revolving door of alts in a games like this, not they way the set the shit up. One character that can do it all. Its a dumb design decision that will cost them in the long run. This game needed "classes" or restrictions on weapons and how many you could level and restrictions of 1 main crafting and 1-2 gathering profs. And decrease the fucking grind.

Now you have noobs that cannot advance and just quit in frustration. I know I would.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Cybsled

You def dont NEED the shit from them other than advancing the quest, but there is some damn good shit in those dungeons that carrys you for a while for sure. Especially weapon wise. Adn those dungeons are arguably some of the best parts of the game, lol.

But yeah I used to wonder the same shit, and this is why you need an ever revolving door of alts in a games like this, not they way the set the shit up. One character that can do it all. Its a dumb design decision that will cost them in the long run. This game needed "classes" or restrictions on weapons and how many you could level and restrictions of 1 main crafting and 1-2 gathering profs. And decrease the fucking grind.

Now you have noobs that cannot advance and just quit in frustration. I know I would.

That isn’t the reason why. FF14 lets you be everything on one character (although alt jobs are down leveled). Neither is omnicrafting - good fucking luck leveling
up all your crafts anyways. If someone slogs through that mind numbing grind, they deserve to have the skill

Alts just creates an illusion of population- what you really need is fresh blood. Which this game lacks. The shitty Everquest 1 style design decisions they made early on are what killed the game

Gating dungeons behind limited keying resources

Making travel tedious and long

End game that just consists of camps and RNG

Punishing leveling curve that is grind heavy

Stuff like this drove people away. Now the hard part is getting people to come back. Limiting tradeskills or weapon skills on a single character isn’t going to do that - all it will do is drive the people with no desire to make Alts away. Kind of like WoW did with me - fuck leveling my dumb mage just do I can use it for cloth cool downs, then literally use my alt for nothing else

• 1Like

Cybsled

And thus the mass exodus from South America and Europe to NA begins

• 1Like