Newsletter Software/client/host?

Corndog

Lord Nagafen Raider
So You'd think sending out a newsletter for a retail business wouldn't be that hard. But from my dealings in the past. You get shut down by hotmail, yahoo, gmail etc. Then start jumping through hoops to get your emails off the banned list etc again.

I've got a list of about 300 active emails that my customers WANT a stock update for my retail store. Whats the cheapest way to accomplish this without just getting shut down? Do I need to use a program to batch them out 10 at a time every hour etc?

I've found that a substantial portion of my clientele do not use facebook and do have an email account. Also my point of sale system can take an email from people where I can't really remind them to go home and like my facebook etc.

Thanks,

Figured this might helps some others as well as I'm guessing I'm not the only one shut down by the internet nazis.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I've used MailChimp in the past and it's super easy. Campaign Monitor is also really good and comes with tons of custom templates. Check them both out and figure out which subscription fee fits you best.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know you are looking for a small solution fairly soon but Exact Target is coming out with a small scale version of their software sometime in 2013. Should be what your looking for in the long run.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
iContact seems to be the solution for non-web familiar adults while MailChimp and CampaignMonitor cater to a younger, more web-centric crowd. Just an observation.

I've used all 3 and I actually hate iContact. Especially their billing. They go out of their way and make it difficult to cancel a subscription.