Nexon- Fantasy War Tactics (iOS and Android)

Thori

Trakanon Raider
Anyone here play or have questions about it? I've been playing since launch and still going strong, currently lord lvl 108 on global server.

Thori

Trakanon Raider
It plays a lot like Final fantasy tactics, turn based combat on a grid map. Combat is rock vs paper vs scissors style gameplay. The heros are literally rock paper and scissor types with Attack, Defense, AoE, Balance and Support subtypes. It has alot of elements from other mobile games: missions use energy, world map to conquer, premium in game gem currency, pvp mode, monthy PvE tower with 100+ levels with rewards at each level, Gatcha system with set items of varying rarity etc. Heros are gained mostly through world map grinding while others are behind PVP, Tower of Dawn (100+ small levels to clear, you get a useful hero when you clear all 110 stages) and daily tasks. Some F2P players will tell you that its actually not as P2W as other games, if you get lucky on free caps you can get some good gear without spending cash. I do the 5$ monthly fee which gives you 50 gems each day which gives a huge advantage over totally f2p if you dont blow them on rolling for gear. It's got a small reddit community with useful information on it as well, but some if it might be out dated. Nexon is a little slow to roll out new content but if you start up now you will have lots to do until season 2 rolls out in ETA spring.

Screenshot_20160924-233421.png

Screenshot_20161201-090132.jpg

Screenshot_20161224-153534.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Oh my god I am addicted.

It's not really like summoners war, it's like FFRK with Final Fantasy Tactics combat.

Seems free to playable and two days in I haven't run out of stamina.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I played this for a few weeks but you will eventually hit a pretty hard pay wall and it becomes a total P2W fest.

I do agree it is quite fun at first though.

Thori

Trakanon Raider
It might be like summoners war in some ways but the combat style is much more like fft. As for the paywall you speak if, no such thing exists exept in battle of honor (weekly PvP) which I do not care for much at all but it is a free source of gems on sunday.

World conquest difficulty ramps up at Glory through Lista and then again in Ashan and Moon Island. You will need the right mix of units properly leveled for passing those stages, a support unit like serendi or mas or gillan will help alot, and you will need them when you start to tackle ToD. I used serendi and mas until I saved up enough BoH coins for Belle. But again, no paywall in world conquest or ToD, just some difficulty spikes that provide a decent challenge and fun. Heres a pic of a combat mission, had to crop it a bit as im in moble

tmp_6609-Screenshot_20161230-145219~2222042367.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Which heroes do you suggest levelling? I got Mas to heal and I've just got Jack for HP shredding (hits for %of max health).

Just starting 4th island with 3* heroes and I've tried the other game modes a little but seems like it's going to take a while to get things in those.

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
I used to play this a decent amount. Made it too around 85 then just got to bored of it.

Which heroes do you suggest levelling? I got Mas to heal and I've just got Jack for HP shredding (hits for %of max health).

Just starting 4th island with 3* heroes and I've tried the other game modes a little but seems like it's going to take a while to get things in those.

Serendi and Jack will get you very far in PvE. Save up all your time potions for a Krut weekend. That dude is way OP, or was when I played.

Thori

Trakanon Raider
Yup, jack and serendi are very very good. If you have the ancient coins to spare after getting the daily Mercedes(rock attack) genes, Mu (paper balance) is the best of the ancient coins heroes. The collab heroes are also worth picking up. Evan (scissor AoE) should be the easiest as he can be farmed easier than the other 2. As far as the event shop goes. If you have not already started hoarding them, get the daily mod pots as you will need lots of them later for modding your gear, even the 4* and 5* ones as they are especially difficult to get without spending hoards of gold. If you already have a dislike for it thats perfectly normal, but i suggest doing dimensional breakthrough every day for gold and Lena genes (scissor balance). Lena is a great hero with tons of utility, charm chance, 2 turn 100% immobilize at skill lvl 1 and %hp damage and weakening. You'll hate DB very quickly but the gold and Lena are worth it, even just autoing a few stages till you're wiped out is helpful.

Like ghengis said, if Krut ever comes back you will want to get him, he really really good in that hes an attack type which are normally lower defense, but krut has defense type levels of HP and defense while still having very high attack.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Levelling Jack/Serendi/Evan/Mas/Carrot. Got them at 3* and have good gear waiting for 4* but it's a grind.

Buying all the event stuff everyday, got two weeks to finish Evan and get his gear/costume so should be ok.

Still enjoying it but levelling has slowed down.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Just installed this. Gameplay is fun, pace is neat. Lots of RPG elements that I can't be bothered with.

With the launch of season 2, I got a free 6* dragon unit with all 3-6* set gears that obliterates everything. Plus the main character got bumped up to 5*.

Aevry

Mobile Game Hunter
I've also started back up. Have about 5-6 5* characters now. There is a guild I started called Rerolled, but Its just me in it.

Thori

Trakanon Raider
Tomorrows ontime login in a free pick of any SS set (now called 6*) except the season 2 ones. Im pretty dead set on Defender of the Earth set. My slot 4 gear is really lagging behind everything else, I got a free omni from the anni reward and Eldrika and Klein sets are both 2 of 3 but I have mostly garbage for slot 4.
If anyone is unsure of what to pick Omni/Omni is a solid pick, Angel Knight may give better stats but wont be much use if your hero is asleep,charmed,stunned,immob etc.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yep, this is heavily disrupting my work day so far. Interesting game, installed it and I am just winging it at the moment. Have 6* (Awoken?) Thanatos, 5* Jack / Serendi because that seemed to be a consensus for other good dudes. Currently just running through PvE as far as I can on Auto during work. Got my Expedition up to level 4 for the missions, started inviting friends, completing dailies etc. Is there anything I should make sure I don't miss? Thankfully it was only a day, but I didn't realize Tier I - V gear was cumulative until today. Righted that wrong pretty quick.

Thori

Trakanon Raider
Be sure to get everything daily in the event shop with the event coins. I buy all the daily stuff except the coocoo because I dont use them all that much, but never skip the mod pots because you'll never have enough. I took Defender of the Earth set today and spent 300+ potions getting the stats to medium to high orange. Friend points are now worth their weight in gold as you can now use them to buy trans tickets and mod potions so get all the friends you can Skybrary for blue gems to buy Celestial genes and gold, Valk genes if your in a guild. With some 5* heros Tower of Dawn normal mode should be easy and its a free set when you finish it and then onto hard mode.

But yeah do the daily login and daily free set summon(usually just regular gear but sometimes good stuff can pop out), and get the items from the event shop and daily achievents for crystals and gold etc. Id also suggest the 5$ monthly coo's gift for 50 crystals every day,

ubiquitrips

Any recommendations for what heroes to 5* initially? I feel like I am in this quagmire where I want to try and get some higher tier heroes before using the two additional 5* tickets I have yet I need more 5* to progress the PvE side. Also looking for some carry over to the other battle types if possible.

Currently: 6* Thanatos, 5* Serendi / Jack, 3* Carrot / Chris / Deborah

I have each hero up to Glory / Girgas and I am working through those now. I was considering 5* Mas for Dimensional Breakthrough and some of the auto battling I have been doing. However, that seems like a waste of a ticket.

I think there is a good chance I can get Mu before the timer on my 5* tickets runs out.

I haven't done the math, but I don't think it will be possible to get Belle / Celestial / Valkyrie before the timer runs out.

Currently paralyzed by opportunity.

ubiquitrips

Well, Krut weekend and he is super according to everyone. So, with that, I am farming the crap out of him. I can do Krut 4 on Auto. He is almost maxed out. Nabbed Rachel as well from the event coin and should have Valkyrie Monday.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you can't get Belle before the timer runs out, Mas is good. He's become my main healer since I figured out it was a pain to skill up shu-shu.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user