NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Browns next 3: Jags, Raiders, Bucs.

That's a pretty fortunate stretch of games.
The only competent team they've played is the Ravens. Look at the schedule it is absolute shit at the front half then back loaded. So we'll hear about how the Browns are shoe-ins for the playoffs then they'll lose their back half.

And after that they get Bengals in Primetime. Which is a sure-fire win for them as well.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Sure it does. Who do you think it was that wanted to spend high draft picks on the o-line? Garrett has had a heavy influence in who the Cowboys have been drafting and which free agents they bring in. Getting Rolando McClain in the offseason from Baltimore is a huge steal for the Cowboys. Garrett's connection with Nick Saban is a big reason why it happened.
Garrett went to a offseason college training camp that Saban was running and Rolando McClain was there coaching kids, trying to get his life back on track. That was basically the genesis of them bringing in McClain after Sean Lee got injured.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Garrett went to a offseason college training camp that Saban was running and Rolando McClain was there coaching kids, trying to get his life back on track. That was basically the genesis of them bringing in McClain after Sean Lee got injured.
Garrett sounds like a real faggot, who goes to a training camp run by Saban? Fuck Garrett. I didn't really have a problem with him before but now I want everything bad to happen to him.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I don't think it has anything to do with Garrett. It has everything to do with the O-line and Rod Marinelli. The rest of the pieces are who they are and are playing like they have played the last 4 years.
As a dedicated homer I think it does. If you listen to the players and you listen to the coach, they're all saying the same things. A lot of people don't give Garrett credit but he knew exactly what needed to happen for the team to turn things around. The big win was getting Jerry on his side, and I'm as surprised as anyone that this has happened. Now, I didn't expect anything this year, admittedly, but for four years he's been saying the same things, talking about getting the "right kind of guys" and "stack good days on top of good days". Instilling a certain kind of mentality into the team.

Also, for the first time in years the offense isn't entirely reliant on Romo. Sure, they've been talking about having a run emphasis since he took over but it never happened. Now it's happening, and the results are extremely impressive. The team is finally balanced, and while I'm sure a lot of people had a hand in that, it's Garrett who should get ultimate credit.

Giants showed last night they weren't really all that serious but they always play Dallas tough so we'll see how that goes. Arizona is the next big challenge and after that the Thanksgiving game against Philly.

The team has played extremely well but there's still 10 games left. Lots of time for things to go south.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I was working during the day yesterday and then tuned in about halftime of the Sunday night abortion and decided to watch Homeland instead so I didn't hear about the glorious Seattle game until this morning. Since the Cowboys and Eagles only losses are to the 49ers I think that pretty much makes us mathematically the best team in the NFC (except for the Cardinals who have been cursed by God so they don't count). If the Cowboys beat Seattle again in the playoffs and then Tony Romo had another 3 INT meltdown in the NFC Championship vs. the 49ers I'm pretty sure I could just die happy then and there, but now I'm just daydreaming.

Anyway, I hope everyone that was sucking Russell Wilson's dick last weekend has now remembered that he was playing the damn Redskins.
You guys lost to the Bears. Its a bit early to start sucking your own dick.

Disp_sl

shitlord
I'm starting to think that O-line and the pass rushers should be the highest paid players on the team.
O-line is very important obviously. Getting 4 or 5 high quality starters is extremely difficult though, and having $6-ish mil. tied up per player will jack a team's cap. I think the real key is finding 2 great players that can be signed long term and then either drafting for the other positions every couple years, or getting lucky and signing one of the guys for a reasonable contract. O-line and D-line are definitely the most important positions after QB though. Dominant D-line covers up a weak secondary, and O-line helps every other position on offense.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure that first paragraph was supposed to be sort of tongue in cheek
Well I apologize for my stupidity then.
biggrin.png

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Has anyone else seen the Monday night Kaeperkick/Harbuagh commercial where they should just shower together and finger assholes?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Cutler is playing better but the team as a whole is pretty mediocre. The SF win was impressive but their other two wins came against shitty teams which any halfway decent team should beat. Miami isn't going to be a pushover and then they go into New England, who also won't be pushovers. Except for the two games against the Vikings and the Tampa Bay game, the back half of that schedule looks extremely tough, if not brutal. They need to up their game or else they're looking at a mid level draft pick.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Cutler is playing better but the team as a whole is pretty mediocre. The SF win was impressive but their other two wins came against shitty teams which any halfway decent team should beat. Miami isn't going to be a pushover and then they go into New England, who also won't be pushovers. Except for the two games against the Vikings and the Tampa Bay game, the back half of that schedule looks extremely tough, if not brutal. They need to up their game or else they're looking at a mid level draft pick.
Did you watch the Bears defense in that second half at Georgia Dome?

They were raping the shit out of White, Jones and Ryan even though all their linebackers are injured. That's right - Chicago entire LB corps yesterday was 2nd and 3rd stringers from the practice squad. I hadn't even heard of these guys until yesterday.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Did you watch the Bears defense in that second half at Georgia Dome?

They were raping the shit out of White, Jones and Ryan even though all their linebackers are injured. That's right - Chicago entire LB corps yesterday was 2nd and 3rd stringers from the practice squad. I hadn't even heard of these guys until yesterday.
Better get them fitted for yellow jackets, huh Ary?

Someone in Dallas deserves credit for being able to restrain or outmaneuver Jerrah the awful GM...the Manziel story is just the one that was made public. Their draft days must have been a yearly shitshow. Guessing it was his son because someone without the bloodline would have been shitcanned, heh.

You generally can't market interior linemen, most casual fans probably can't name a single one on their team, etc. Not the position Jerrah wanted to spend high draft picks on, I bet.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
this guy is so butthurt his team still sucks
Wakandan my team's sucked for a long ass time. I'm far past the stages of butthurt and well into the acceptance period. That doesn't change the fact that this aint no rugby pussy shit thread.