NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
This is such a non-story to me. I wish so badly this had happened in the off season when i dont read much football news.

Espn talking heads are just getting tired of repeating their awful "analysis" of actual football. They love having some bullshit like this to fill air time and maybe even bring in a few new viewers from msnbc/fox/cnn who love this shit.

Schefter is acting like a fucking tool on the level of skip bayless, didn't realize he was such an emotional prick.

Is there a NFL news/analysis website that focuses on the 'on the field' stuff and not all this media circus crap?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
This is going to turn it around for Dallas
Sunday night is going to be fun
smile.png

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
At first I thought it was just the media and the shitty SJWs overreacting again to any NFL news. The I saw the pics, having a 6yr old son I dont think I can think of anything he could do to deserve those kind of marks, even if he did scratch some kids face. A belt to the ass sure, but those are pretty bad marks he left.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dunno, on one hand it's easy for a doctor to make an incident sound bad when you use language like that. On the other hand, a fuckin 4 year old probably doesn't have the executive function to understand that squirming around is just making it worse. He was probably terrified out of his mind.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Peterson also allegedly said via text message to the child's mother that he "felt bad after the fact when I notice the switch was wrapping around hitting I (sic) thigh" and also acknowledged the injury to the child's scrotum in a text message, saying, "Got him in nuts once I noticed. But I felt so bad, n I'm all tearing that butt up when needed! I start putting them in timeout. N save the whooping for needed memories!"

In further text messages, Peterson allegedly said, "Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don't play no games when it comes to acting right."

According to police reports, the child, however, had a slightly different story, telling authorities that "Daddy Peterson hit me on my face." The child also expressed worry that Peterson would punch him in the face if the child reported the incident to authorities. He also said that he had been hit by a belt and that "there are a lot of belts in Daddy's closet." He added that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down. The child told his mother that Peterson "likes belts and switches" and "has a whooping room."
Warrant Issued For Adrian Peterson's Arrest In Child Injury Case

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
At first I thought it was just the media and the shitty SJWs overreacting again to any NFL news. The I saw the pics, having a 6yr old son I dont think I can think of anything he could do to deserve those kind of marks, even if he did scratch some kids face. A belt to the ass sure, but those are pretty bad marks he left.
You'd hit your kid with a belt? Someone call CPS, get the grand jury on the phone, indict this scum bag piece of shit.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I dunno, on one hand it's easy for a doctor to make an incident sound bad when you use language like that. On the other hand, a fuckin 4 year old probably doesn't have the executive function to understand that squirming around is just making it worse. He was probably terrified out of his mind.
Kid that young the parent has to understand the kid isn't going to have the cognitive ability to understand squirming around only makes it worse and you have to have patience and hold them down good to not abuse the child while punishing him.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So what are we expecting Josh Gordon's suspension to be reduced to? I picked him up in my 2 leagues, and I know at least 1 person wants to trade me something for him. I can't decide what I should be looking for as a fair trade because I have no idea when he realistically might play.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
Rumor is Gordon got reduced to 10 games. The game from Week 1 counts, so he's basically out the next 9 games.