NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
If you read the article though it says they are also trying to end that all together. Apparently some anti-trust laws don't apply to them currently which allows all 32 teams to act as one unit and negotiate broadcasting contracts. They are trying to change this to where if they choose to enforce blackouts due to contract negotiations taking place then they will be subject to anti-trust laws. This is how I understood it when I read it anyway. Correct me if I am wrong though.
Yea, I think that's sort of the endgame here, but hasn't happened quite yet. FCC ends their support of the blackout rule, but there's really nothing stopping the NFL from just sidestepping that and doing it anyway. So the next step is to go after their tax breaks and antitrust exemptions. But I dont know if that would even do anything besides just open them up to further legal action if (when) they keep on doing it.

My point is just that they can say the Blackout Rule is ended, but until a judge hands down a ruling which bars the NFL from doing it, it'll still happen.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aaron Rodgers is aware of the internet.

Wilde: Jeremy asks, ?What is that pre-snap signal where you look like you?re smoking? Is that a smoke route or is that an indicator of two high safeties?? Tony asks, ?How do you keep from laughing with some of the hand gestures you do in the no-huddle? They have been, shall we say, interesting.?

Rodgers: That was just a tribute to Jay Cutler, because there?s that ?Smoking Jay? web site. So I was just doing a tribute to Jay there.

Wilde: You would never give away the actual value of those.

Rodgers: That?s what it was.

Wilde: It really was. You?re not making that up?

Rodgers: I don?t know. I don?t remember.

Wilde: I think you?re making that up.

Rodgers: I don?t remember.

Wilde: You?ve done it a lot of times, though. There?s people that use it as their Twitter avatar.

Rodgers: It?s a dummy signal. That?s the whole thing. You know, like, smoking dope ? you?re a dummy if you smoke dope.

Wilde: Ah, I get that.

Rodgers: That?s why it?s a dummy signal.

Wilde: God you think well on your feet.
Smokin Jay Cutler | Kissing Suzy Kolber

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The NFC North has Cutler and Rodgers both, they really hit the awesome dude QB lottery up there. Both awesome in totally different ways.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn, was really hoping someone else would get it and offer some kind of streaming only service. I'm certainly not going back to DirecTV for Sunday Ticket again.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Burnem, how are you liking Cutler 8/2 TD/INTs this season vs. Romos 4/4?
Them's the breaks, it won't last, not every team is going to drop 5 int's in one game. Cutler is going to Cutler and Cutler's history shows his best year ever is 7 more TD's than Int's. It's a long season, enjoy it while you can.
Why don't you give us another weekly update on that QB Rating now that you're back Araysar.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
When I get back to civilization

Did Jay Citler beat tje packers?

I think the bengals are going to beat the pats. But i still feel like there's more to the pats team that just hasn't surfaced yet this year. I think there's still a chance Old man Brady throws 3-4 TDs and Ridley/Vereen run for a couple. Bengals will probably win, but I can't yet count the Pats out.

this season reminds me a lot of 2009. just sucking for really no good reason.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
this season reminds me a lot of 2009. just sucking for really no good reason.
The reason is that they suck. Even drafting and scouting and GMing as good as they have you will eventually get to that point. No team stays good/great forever. You got your 13 or so years of it and they still may make the playoffs since they're playing in a Pop Warner division, but much like my Steelers you have to accept that shit has changed.

Still, it's the NFL and they are coming off an absolute shellacking, so I expect them to beat Cincy by 20=P

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If the Bengals lose it'll be because the offense shits the bed and turns the ball over a shitload. The Pats offense - by all accounts - is bad. I expect the Bengals defense to overpower them in every way.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Brady is going to get knocked down everytime he drops back by our defense line. Hopefully our corners can shove WRs off their hot routes and not let Brady command the flats. You know the only area he can actually complete a pass these days.

The reason is that they suck. Even drafting and scouting and GMing as good as they have you will eventually get to that point. No team stays good/great forever.
Pretty much this, plus the fact that the GMing hasn't even been that good lately. Some of the personnel decisions the last few years have been awful. I mean, is there anyone here who didn't realize Amendola was going to be a huge bust?

I'm getting kind of nostalgic thinking about seeing the Pats suck again, they haven't had a losing season since I was in my 20's.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I guess the real question is if the Pats will go back to being a mediocre at best franchise or will they reload and find the next thing after the Bill & Brady era? Some franchises just seem to never be bad for very long stretches and I'm not sure if the Pats are now elevated into that category or if they just caught some very serious lightning in a bottle with Bill and Tom.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can't imagine them being down for too long. They've avoided bad cap issues, right? Unlike Pittsburgh where they got away from their ruthless cutting ways the Pats have kept up dropping the old folks for the most part. Though I suppose a lot will depend on Brady himself. Whether he's got that Peyton Mannin old man football gene or is he just done? Because Jimmy Gaparapperho might not be the answer.