NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I read the same about Ryan not allowed to audible. Kyle said last year I call the plays he runs the plays end of story. Kyle is not flexible in that regard. Hopefully they give some control back to Ryan because he has always been pretty good at the line making a change.
The same thing happened with RG3, but I think everyone just assumed it was because he was too dumb to call the right audible, so he wasn't allowed.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
In the Falcons defense (sort of) if they went all "prevent and burn the clock just hold the lead" and lost the game, the exact same people would be spewing the exact same stories with the literal only difference being they'd be upset about the Falcons not going all out to win and instead softening up just trying to hold the lead. It happens all the time.

Fact of the matter is there is always a reason to bitch about something the losing team did or didn't do.

Please note: This does not mean i'm saying the Patriots would've won the game if Atlanta burnt more clock/etc. because nobody knows. It might've worked or the Pats might've still made the miracle comeback.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I read the same about Ryan not allowed to audible. Kyle said last year I call the plays he runs the plays end of story. Kyle is not flexible in that regard. Hopefully they give some control back to Ryan because he has always been pretty good at the line making a change.

Kyle is going to be the OC in Sam Francisco as well. Have fun 49ers!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love all the internet blowhards with the benefit of hindsight who suddenly know more about play calling than the guy that just took a team to the Superbowl.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
edit -- wtf is this bug this morning. @a_skeleton_03 definitely something screwey, this time the forum showed me 7 posts from myself until i refreshed, then just two.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I love all the internet blowhards with the benefit of hindsight who suddenly know more about play calling than the guy that just took a team to the Superbowl.
I know he made some shitty play calling in said Superbowl and now wants to be head coach and offensive coordinator. I don't think he's capable of successfully doing both. Feel free to rub it in when he wins the 49ers a Superbowl. I'll happily eat crow.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

And would have won a SB if he could call this from Madden.

IMG_86172.jpg

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not really that risky, and you want your fg kicker to have the best chance. Pats are missed all the time /wave Gostkowski

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Meh, they were at the Pats 22. That's a chip shot for Bryant.
Kneeling twice at minimum puts the ball at the 24 due to losing a yard on the spot + 17 yards for the kick = 41 yard fg = 9 more yards than a PAT = not a gimme/chip shot to any kicker.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Greg Cosell from NFL films said that after watching the film on the sack where the RB didn't block the guy there was a receiver running wide open and if Ryan had one more second to throw it would have been an easy touchdown but since he missed the block, now all the dipshit fans get to go "hur hur you're supposed to run the ball when you've got a lead" like it's some amazing insight that would be news to Atlanta's coaching staff. On the other hand, Edelman's amazing catch was a ball Brady should have never thrown where the most likely outcome was a game ending interception but because of a missed INT followed by a miracle bounce and an amazing catch we're all talking about how great Brady is and how dumb the Falcons are. Making the right call doesn't always lead to success and sometimes the wrong call does.

• 2Cutler
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Greg Cosell from NFL films said that after watching the film on the sack where the RB didn't block the guy there was a receiver running wide open and if Ryan had one more second to throw it would have been an easy touchdown but since he missed the block, now all the dipshit fans get to go "hur hur you're supposed to run the ball when you've got a lead" like it's some amazing insight that would be news to Atlanta's coaching staff. On the other hand, Edelman's amazing catch was a ball Brady should have never thrown where the most likely outcome was a game ending interception but because of a missed INT followed by a miracle bounce and an amazing catch we're all talking about how great Brady is and how dumb the Falcons are. Making the right call doesn't always lead to success and sometimes the wrong call does.

Holy fucking retardation......

YOU DONT NEED A TOUCHDOWN IN THAT SITUATION. The only dipshit fans are 49er fans trying to defend their dipshit coach. It was the wrong call. Period.

HURR TO THE FUCKING DURR

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
You always need a touchdown. If they had done what everyone says, ran it 3 times when the Pats defense is expecting a run and the dude missed the FG, you guys would all be ranting about how they were playing to not lose, prevent offense, blah blah blah. I'm pretty sure a lot of people could make the right play calls after they know the outcome.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i think the Falcons were worried too much about making the game exciting / keeping the pacing up. how fucking boring would a Super Bowl where the winning team is taking knees outside of the fourth quarter be? yeah it would be great strategy, and myself as someone who thinks that way i would have enjoyed it -- but the entire world would have been pissed, the NFL would have been pissed at the Falcons, etc. etc. etc.

its the only explanation i can think of for why to snap it with 20 seconds on the playclock and whatnot. they were trying to put on a show. probably pressured to put on a show.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Well, their whole creed as a team is to be aggressive. They've been doing it all year and were fairly successful.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Well, their whole creed as a team is to be aggressive. They've been doing it all year and were fairly successful.

will admit that i did not see many falcons games this year, i might be wrong on my assessment.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not saying the Falcons choked is the dumbest shit you could ever say.

If they had actually used the clock, run the ball, then kicked a fg (ie football 101)......the Pats would have had the ball with about 2 minutes and needing two scores just to tie. It's situational football, not rocket science.

"Entering yesterday, teams w/ at least a 17-pt lead after the 3rd quarter were 133-0 all-time in postseason."

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users