NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He has the leverage tho, he can show up to work and they would owe him 9 million this year.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah I don't see any scenario where we wouldn't cut him, though I can see us trying to get some kind of draft pick out of the Raiders before doing that and almost definitely failing.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Lots of rumors out there around the Seahawks trading Sherman. It sure sounds like they may be unhappy with him, obviously not for his play, but possibly attitude issues? They may be unable to find someone to take him though since it sounds like they want a high round draft pick for him.

To the Seahawks fans, if they did trade him how big of an impact does that have on the defense? Seems that losing a huge piece of their secondary would be more than just a little tough to replace, especially the way they play.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Lots of rumors out there around the Seahawks trading Sherman. It sure sounds like they may be unhappy with him, obviously not for his play, but possibly attitude issues? They may be unable to find someone to take him though since it sounds like they want a high round draft pick for him.

To the Seahawks fans, if they did trade him how big of an impact does that have on the defense? Seems that losing a huge piece of their secondary would be more than just a little tough to replace, especially the way they play.

It affects our defense pretty badly. Just like losing Earl did in the playoffs. What Sherman doesn't get credit for that helps immensely in our defense is his willingness to not take plays off and to actually tackle in the run game. He isn't easily replaced.

I agree it looks like they really are trying to trade him which boggles my mind unless he and Pete just can't see eye to eye anymore. With the way our O line has played the last couple years trading Sherm I would think easily takes us off the contender list every year.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Report: Richard Sherman initiated trade talks, wants out of Seattle - Sportsnaut.com

Sounds like maybe he started the discussions around being traded? Obviously we can only sit back and speculate, but it all does seem really odd.

Honestly, unless the relationship between him and the team/coaches really breaks down, I don't see a trade happening. My guess is they are going to be asking for more than teams would be willing to give up...at least for now.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Given what the GM said on local sports radio yesterday or the day before, that report seems at least plausible if not likely. Schiender admitted that all parties knew about the trade talks. Which is generally pretty strange unless Sherman asked for a trade.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
A player and a high pick for Sherman who is under contract for 2017/18 only and scheduled to make 22.4 million over those 2 years. My initial reaction is he isn't going anywhere, so someone will trade a 1st and a probowler by Friday lol.

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I had a Sherman caliber corner, I couldn't imagine trading him under any circumstances other than cap space.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
If I had a Sherman caliber corner, I couldn't imagine trading him under any circumstances other than cap space.

I don't understand it either. We have plenty of cap space I think to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand it either. We have plenty of cap space I think to.
It sounds like this 100% came from Sherman first, and maybe he has attitude issues that old Pete just isn't willing to deal with any longer.

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean nobody is totally exempt from being traded. Things like the Hershel Walker trade, or the trade for the pick to draft RG3 etc do happen on occasion. But this whole thing mostly just sounds like Sherman wants to be traded.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
5noHKsb.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
These fucking morons can't get out of their own way. Brock wasn't a wold beater by any means, but he was above average. The team has so many damn holes on it, needing to fill yet another one now is just shitty.

Last edited:

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
For those cord cutters out there or anyone who has a device with kodi, Phoenix addon has a section with all the Super Bowls available to stream and every game from last season as well if your itching for a little football.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user