NFL 2017 Offseason - Where does Romo go?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Bradford's health history isn't any better than Romo's, and he was traded for in hopes of winning now since the Vikings still hoped Bridgewater was the qb of the future.

Was still a retarded trade by them at the time and in hindsight, but it still shows what QB desperate teams will do.

Also, that cap hit isn't what the team getting Romo would be charged with

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well duh, most teams with good QBs aren't god awful. That's a shitty "prediction."

I know 2 and 2 is hard so let me try and help you.

Romo isnt a "good" QB anymore.

And Im not even going to try to argue with Dallas fans over this because you are all insanely stupid when it comes to Romo. We know back in the day you all wore your Dallas hats backwards and jerked off to Jessica at every chance just to pretend you were he, but the guy is a broken never was QB.

Yes, we all know his 14 million hit is base, and he will likely still want close to what hes getting from whatever team takes him because hes delusional and thinks hes a starting QB in this league still (hes not). He's a backup that should get top backup money, prolly in the Chase Daniel range. That said, thats what he should get. Some retarded team like the Browns/Jets might get him and overpay to watch his corpse sit on the sideline after the first blindside sack sends his back under the knife again.

Last edited:
  • 2Salty
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Cutler
Reactions: 4 users

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know 2 and 2 is hard so let me try and help you.

Romo isnt a "good" QB anymore.

And Im not even going to try to argue with Dallas fans over this because you are all insanely stupid when it comes to Romo. We know back in the day you all wore your Dallas hats backwards and jerked off to Jessica at every chance just to pretend you were he, but the guy is a broken never was QB.

Yes, we all know his 14 million hit is base, and he will likely still want close to what hes getting from whatever team takes him because hes delusional and thinks hes a starting QB in this league still (hes not). He's a backup that should get top backup money, prolly in the Chase Daniel range. That said, thats what he should get. Some retarded team like the Browns/Jets might get him and overpay to watch his corpse sit on the sideline after the first blindside sack sends his back under the knife again.
Do you see my avatar? You might be confused.

And you're stupid to think Romo isn't a good QB anymore. Incredibly stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
His best season of the last 5 years was 2014 when they decided that running the fuck out of the ball was the smartest way for them to win games. He's spent the last two on the bench or in IR.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
This is the NFL, all QBs do better then they have a team that can run the shit out of the ball.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The most important part of being good is being able to stay on the field. You know, to play, throw passes, hand the ball off etc. Does he check that box? No.

Is age a question? Yes. Elway, Manning, and Johnny Unitas are the only QBs to ever win a SB at 37+ and who all just happened to be HoF QBs (Romo is not).

Now for some miraculous reason and we assume he could even stay healthy (which is a retarded assumption -- ie Dallas fans), his age limits him to teams who are just lacking a QB to go to the Super Bowl and have an OL in place to protect an already injury prone QB whose last season was 2014.

Now go ahead and name those teams who fit that criteria. Because that is the ONLY reason you would pick him up. Denver is the closest team, and by close, I mean an entirely new OL where Romo wouldnt die. Dude has BY FAR the best OL in the league for the last couple of years and still cant stay healthy -- and you want to send him to some shit team without one?

If the guy would take top backup dollar to be an insurance policy Id love for my team to pick him up because its that important. But at that point just why not just stay in Dallas and finish your career for them.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

moontayle

Golden Squire
His best season of the last 5 years was 2014 when they decided that running the fuck out of the ball was the smartest way for them to win games.
2011 - 66.3% completion, 4184 yards, 31 TDs, 10 Ints, 102.5 rating
2012 - 65.6% completion, 4903 yards, 28 TDs, 19 Ints, 90.5 rating
2013 - 63.9% completion, 3828 yards, 31 TDs, 10 Ints, 96.7 rating
2014 - 69.9% completion, 3705 yards, 34 TDs, 9 Ints, 113.2 rating

While you're not entirely wrong overall, 2014 was his most efficient year, the major difference was that he didn't need to be the primary source of offense anymore. But people act like that's something he's never been capable of doing when that couldn't have been further from the truth. But like anything in football, if you rely on it too many times, it's going to fail you at some point. The best offenses suddenly can't score more than 3pts, the best defenses have a game where they're leaky as hell, a stout run game gets stuffed, etc, etc. 2011-2013 was all Romo, all the time. But when the team around you isn't very good, you're not going to get very far. It's amazing as hell they even managed to get to .500 during those three seasons, and it's pretty much all because of him.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
It amazes me the bad rap he gets. I'm glad Romo will be out of the NFCE.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Redskins gutted the defensive staff. Hopefully they don't fuck it up and pick someone who was only coaching a good defense due to happenstance (I'm looking your direction, Gus Bradley -- at least I think?).

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Bradford's health history isn't any better than Romo's, and he was traded for in hopes of winning now since the Vikings still hoped Bridgewater was the qb of the future.

Was still a retarded trade by them at the time and in hindsight, but it still shows what QB desperate teams will do.

Also, that cap hit isn't what the team getting Romo would be charged with

Bradford set NFL records this year too. Who knew the Vikings would get so many injuries and regress so much.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Romo doesnt make that team a 2x SB winning team. Demarcus Ware at this point in his career is done. Hes barely played 1 season over the last two, not to mention that defense lost a big piece in Malik Jackson from their SB defense. Teams ran all over Denver this year. Its still a dominant defense on the back end, but Von Miller cant do it all on his own. Not sure how you call a defense that was 28th!!!! in rush defense a dominant defense.

And that's not even the biggest thing to consider.....which is you have to now couple Romo's injury history with that awful OL in Denver and where does that leave you? Back to square 1.

I mean....elephant in the room is still........

Rankings

Dominant defense because they were 4th in total yards/game and 4th in points/game allowed. I don't know where we draw the line for "dominant", but top 5 overall seems in the ballpark. This with their offense doing next to nothing half the time. If they got any support they'd be crazy. Also they're 1st in basically EVERY stat versus passing on D, so it makes up somewhat for their rushing numbers. Seems like teams would run late in games knowing they just had to run clock because Denver's O wasn't going to pull off 2 score+ comebacks.

Merrith

Redskins gutted the defensive staff. Hopefully they don't fuck it up and pick someone who was only coaching a good defense due to happenstance (I'm looking your direction, Gus Bradley -- at least I think?).

Rumors are Wade Phillips might even be in play. I would love this.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
There is no way in hell Romo is coming to Denver next season. Denver is going to develop Siemien and Lynch in the off season to see where they are, pick up some OL FA and draft Dline and best player available.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Rumors are Wade Phillips might even be in play. I would love this.

What rumor is that? There hasn't been any mention of it that I have heard.

Edit: Just saw something about it. I only see that happening if the new HC doesn't want Wade as Denver's DC.

Merrith

What rumor is that? There hasn't been any mention of it that I have heard.

Edit: Just saw something about it. I only see that happening if the new HC doesn't want Wade as Denver's DC.

Shakeup in Denver will be interesting to watch. Yeah that was the same tidbit I read, have to see where the chips fall there...but I can dream.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dominant defense because they were 4th in total yards/game and 4th in points/game allowed. I don't know where we draw the line for "dominant", but top 5 overall seems in the ballpark. This with their offense doing next to nothing half the time. If they got any support they'd be crazy. Also they're 1st in basically EVERY stat versus passing on D, so it makes up somewhat for their rushing numbers. Seems like teams would run late in games knowing they just had to run clock because Denver's O wasn't going to pull off 2 score+ comebacks.
I cant remember any defense called great that was not great against the run. Why throw against their corners when you can run up and down the field on them?

That said, they werent bad and that 4th ranked defense was a testament to how good their corners are. Still, every great defenses mantra is what? Stop the run. Its just that their defense cannot carry that team to a SB now. They do seem to have some talent like Shane Ray up and coming, but Ware's age is showing.

And in the end, I will always come back to the point I have to keep on making about Romo until I get an answer that makes sense. If Dallas' OL cannot keep Romo healthy for two years straight, what's the point of acquiring him really??

• 1Cutler

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Nah the Patriots have been better this year because they have a better running game, Hoss Hoss has a valid point. I don't think you need to run the shit out of the ball but you have to be able to make the defense respect it, which then allows you to pick them apart with play action.