jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
lol Gurley fantasy owners are pissed right now

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rodgers hands 1 point lead over, and never gets it back thanks to D and special teams. Dagger.

• 1Cutler
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

that's a tough call on 2nd foot. Since I have Thomas in fantasy, leaning towards good catch

Merrith

There's that back breaking turnover in a big game at a key time we all know and love from Cousins.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Redskins D is legit. Offense is still literally Peterson's Will and nothing else. How the hell are we 5-2. Our D line was all over Eli all day, though.

Redskins D is fantastic. They are pretty much completely shutting down the run in every game so far. The offensive play calling is complete garbage and extremely predictable though. Smith hasn't played very well so far this year either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I realize the 49ers have been wrecked by injury, but Saleh needs to be fired. Absolute shitshow of a defensive coordinator. What is this now, 3rd? 4th? loss in the 4th quarter when leading by double digits?
I am still not sure it is on Saleh. I've been listening to a couple different podcasts, and it seems like he is calling a good game, but the players are constantly blowing assignments. Even Richard Sherman is coming to Saleh's defense saying he is making the right calls. The bigger knock on Saleh has been not always putting guys at the correct position, notably Solomon Thomas.

And let's be honest, one of the biggest keys to the defensive scheme the 49ers run is continuity, and with as many injuries as they have had, there are guys playing new/different positions all over the place. There is a reason that Sherman still has a good defensive grade even on a bad defense. He knows his role, and still plays it well. Injuries are a huge issue for the team, and not just because they aren't always fielding the best players.

I get what you are saying though, and it is really frustrating. I think another knock on Saleh could just be that he doesn't know how to adapt to the players he has. He only knows the one scheme, and if the guys aren't playing up to the scheme he should adjust it. Clearly he is unable to do that. It reminds me of how good Fangio was. Even when the 49ers were losing a ton of players, Fangio still had that defense playing really well.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
He had to go. Team has talent and should have more wins but for poor coaching.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
You guys think this New Orleans team is for real or benefiting from injuries?

Homerism aside I think they are a top team in the league. Losing to the Bucs in the season opener seemed like the defense hadn't realize the season started and was an outlier. As shown on last night's broadcast, the next 5 opponents will definitely reveal whether they are pretender or contender.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Wonder if they will give Haley the job. Think I would have ditched him as well, not just Jackson.