NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not that this kind of "what if" is meaningful, but the browns are two plays away from being 3-0.

I was mocked for carrying the browns defense the first three weeks in fantasy but it's working out. They do have some genuine talent on both sides of the ball

I definitely started the Browns' D this week (have Charger's D normally, but fuck starting them against the Rams). Was not feeling great about it sitting on 4 points with 3 minutes to go, but 2 picks and a sack later I'll take a 9 point week from my D.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been reading some conspiracy crap that the concussion was fake/planned so that Baker could slide in with minimal fuss. Sounds ridiculous. What problem does that even alleviate?

Either way, as an OU alum....fuckin' A, Bake.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I have Hyde in fantasy, things were looking grim for a while then I saw him get the TD and was content with him at least making it to 10 pts, checked after game was over and had 22.3!

As far as conspiracy crap, you can always find something retarded that someone is saying about basically any situation. The Browns looked fine under Tyrod the first 2 games, it was the shit kickers fault they lost those 100%, then magically in game 3 they decide he has to fake an injury so they can play the new guy?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I've been reading some conspiracy crap that the concussion was fake/planned so that Baker could slide in with minimal fuss. Sounds ridiculous. What problem does that even alleviate?

Either way, as an OU alum....fuckin' A, Bake.

Any time you replace a legend like Taylor with some no name draft pick and you run the risk of alienating your fanbase

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Vepil Vepil How bout that Mayfield?

I was out last night and didn't get to watch anything past Taylor playing. Its early but as I have been saying I think he's going to be a stud. Guess ill watch it tonight.

He has the same qualities I liked about Watson. They both were able to stand tall under pressure. I think that is the defining trait of a NFL QB. Not if he is 2 inches taller or if his arm is 10% stronger. Can he handle the pressure and make plays. That was why I wanted the Chargers to draft Watson the previous year.

Hue didn't announce the new starter because despite him being a crappy coach he has class. He clearly wants to talk to Taylor first. I think that is the appropriate thing to do.

• 1Solidarity

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't watch but sounds like he played well. I still think he will not work out in the long run. I want to see after a few games how he does with the NFL D's game planning for him. I freely admit I am a civil engineer and not a talent consultant for the NFL and will eat crow if he does.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
can A QB handle the pressure and make the throws/decisions/plays is what is needed. Brady coming out of college, weak arm, can't run, but...wins games due to making the throws and plays and making smart decisions cuz he wants to WIN.

i'd say at least half to 2/3rds of the qb's coming out of college to the pro's cannot make the transition due to the game being so much "faster" thus, being "good/great" in college, usually means jack in the pros.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Is it me, or when Tyrod the vet was in the offense was toned down and simplified and when Baker came in they opened it up significantly?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Is it me, or when Tyrod the vet was in the offense was toned down and simplified and when Baker came in they opened it up significantly?

I was sort of wondering the same thing. I couldnt tell if it was the play calling or Tyrod's inability to read the coverage and find his first options.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Here is a prime example of why I only watch the games now.

From the replies :

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Damn that is some expert analysis there. He KNOWS he was checking social media! Don't you dare tell him otherwise.

Baker threw for 46 TDs last year on a Ranked team that went to the College Football Playoff... no fucking tape my ass

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
5 reasons why Hue will go full Browns and pick Nimrod as a starter against Chucky & Co.

C5s6zVa.jpg

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
Damn that is some expert analysis there. He KNOWS he was checking social media! Don't you dare tell him otherwise.

Baker threw for 46 TDs last year on a Ranked team that went to the College Football Playoff... no fucking tape my ass
Right but nobody is going to study tape of a quarterback they aren't expecting to play against that week.

• 2Like

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
I was sort of wondering the same thing. I couldnt tell if it was the play calling or Tyrod's inability to read the coverage and find his first options.
The entire team seemed to get a second wind once Mayfield entered. They had probably seen the difference between the two in practice and knew he could turn it around given the chance.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Right but nobody is going to study tape of a quarterback they aren't expecting to play against that week.

I can give you that. But an NFL defense can't say, they beat us cause we didn't have tape. That is a cop out.

There isn't much tape on any of the rookie QBs and they aren't all taking a team on a 19 game losing streak and crushing it. Mayfield looked composed and calm. He didn't let the sudden stage get to him. He went out and led that team and that team responded.

• 2Like

orionTZ1998

Golden Squire
I can give you that. But an NFL defense can't say, they beat us cause we didn't have tape. That is a cop out.

There isn't much tape on any of the rookie QBs and they aren't all taking a team on a 19 game losing streak and crushing it. Mayfield looked composed and calm. He didn't let the sudden stage get to him. He went out and led that team and that team responded.
I agree. I think it's possible (even likely) that he'll be the best QB in the AFC North by the end of the season.