NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think they have the talent to win 7+, but they are the Browns so they will be lucky to get 4.

After watching Hard Knocks, I think Hue Jackson is a terrible coach and he won't last the year.

I definitely don't think they respect him and he needs to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
Hue is a disaster. Every second half he casts an unresistable AE flop sweat and the team falls apart.

I predict 2 wins for the execrable Brownies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They have a lot of talent and should get 5-7 wins despite the coaching.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I could see them getting 4 and not surprised if they end up with 7.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've only watched the first Hard Knocks episode but I agree about Hue. He looks awful. Weird because he was such a good OC for the Bengals.

• 1Solidarity

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Not looking forward to the Steelers playing down to them opening week.

• 1Solidarity

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Texans cheerleader coach resigns in face of lawsuits

Anyone been following this story? Texans cheerleaders have some legit complaints about not being paid, I guess. But many of them are complaining about body shaming and are saying they were sexually harassed into their uniforms. Can't wait to see how ugly they are in years to come. I hope football lasts long enough for us to see some 300 pound green hairs on the sidelines who get winded from shaking the pom poms.

• 1Salty
I don't know about cheerleaders and Texas. Texas seems to be a kind of cheerleader thunderdome.

I imagine it's a pretty sick scene, man.

We don't do cheerleaders here in Cleveland...

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
At least the NFL is reviewing the helmet rule.

It's been a disaster.

Offensive players should be able to lower their shoulder and do their best to avoid incidental helmet contact (trucking).Defensive tacklers have a tougher job, but as long as they dont launch themselves I can see this rule working.

The launch rule has worked. After Anquon Boldin got his face shattered in the end zone, they implemented the defenseless reciever rule which coincided with the launch rule.

These rules have worked as intended overall, almost no big hitter defenders are doing it any more, and if they are its rare and they are called almost every time and fined.

It hasnt fundamentally changed the game for the worse, if anything it has eliminated those disgusting, head crunching, neck separating hits that used to be featured on JACKED UP! and other highlight films.

If the league can properly institute the helmet rule I think it could be the final piece of the puzzle in terms of making the game safer, along with the launch rule, kick off return changes and concussion protocol.

I have seen defenders light people up (KO hit) just using their shoulder and explosive technique. Patrick Willis was the master of this art, I can remember countless hits that guy delivered and most of them were executed with this modern technique.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
what they really need is to allow flags to be reviewed/challenged... would fix a lot of the current issues with this new rule... idkwtf they won't go for it, it makes so much sense....

• 1Solidarity

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
what they really need is to allow flags to be reviewed/challenged... would fix a lot of the current issues with this new rule... idkwtf they won't go for it, it makes so much sense....

Except that would also slow the game down to a crawl far more than it already is and we would see WAY more commercials which we all really really hate?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Except that would also slow the game down to a crawl far more than it already is and we would see WAY more commercials which we all really really hate?

I don't think it would change anything. Teams still have the same limited number of challenges.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Even if it did slow the game down, the number of people pissed off by that is possibly less than the number of people pissed off by shitty flags in the first place.

If they're going to be fucking around with the rules anyway, it's at least worth a shot. Many fans have been clamoring for it for awhile.

• 1Like