NFL 2018 - 2019 -- Watch America's favorite sport wither away and die

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Thought there were rule changes? The 1 seed plays the lowest seed. So if #6 beats #3, #1 plays #6.

No longer a traditional bracket of #1 getting a 1st-round bye and playing winner of #4-vs-#5.

1 and 2 still gets a first round bye as far as I know.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Cleveland will not ignore the chance to keep the Ravens out of the playoffs. Too bad, cause fuck the Steelers.

• 1RAGE
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The 1 seed will get the winner of the 4th and 5th seed. So assuming Chiefs beat the Raiders they will get either Chargers, Colts, or Titans if I understand this correctly.

If the Texans, Pats, and Ravens all win on Sunday (and as long as the Colts/Titans game doesn't end in a tie)...then Pats are #2 seed, Texans #3 seed, Ravens #4 seed, Chargers #5 seed, and winner of Colts/Titans is #6 seed.

Chargers would go to Baltimore, winner of Colts/Titans would go to Houston. Lowest seed of those winners would to to KC, higher seed of those would go to New England.

Now if Baltimore wins and either the Pats or Texans lose, Baltimore can move up to #3 or even #2 seed. Also Texans loss means Colts or Titans (I think either or) can be AFC South champs. It's going to be a crazy Sunday.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
1 and 2 still gets a first round bye as far as I know.

Yes. I was only talking about the #1 seed.

First round (Wildcard):
#3 vs #6
#4 vs $5
#1 & #2 get a bye

Second Round:
#1 vs lowest seed (not necessarily #4/5)
#2 vs whoever is left

Third Round:
Higher seed hosts lower seed

It used to be as you described. Used to be:
#4--------_______Winner__________Winner
#5---------_______#1 seed------------------------|-----------SuperBowl Team
#3---------_______Winner__________Winner
#6---------_______#2 Seed

Now it's more convoluted, giving the highest remaining seed the "advantage" of hosting the lowest available seed.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The 1 seed will get the winner of the 4th and 5th seed. So assuming Chiefs beat the Raiders they will get either Chargers, Colts, or Titans if I understand this correctly.

Look at you getting your hopes up that either of our teams will do anything besides let us down.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Look at you getting your hopes up that either of our teams will do anything besides let us down.
I think we can make it to the AFC title game if we win the 1 seed. I don't expect the Chargers to keep their charging together to win 2 road playoff games. I would love to be wrong though.

yamikazo yamikazo You are right, this year the 1 seed gets the lowest seed winner from the wild card. As it stands right now we would get the Patriots. I will never count them out as long as they have Brady but I like the Chargers as a match up for the Pats.

NFL Playoff Picture - NFL.com

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think we can make it

o-u1.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
did division winners always play in the wild card games?

that doesnt seem right

Sterling

El Presidente
did division winners always play in the wild card games?

that doesnt seem right
Since 1990. Before that there was 3 divisions and 2 wild cards per conference. The wild card winner would play the 1 seed, and the other 2 division winners would play each other. In 1990 they added a 3rd wild card team in each conference and the lowest seeded division winner would play the lowest seeded wild card team in the first round. Then with the 2002 expansion you ended up with the current format.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
what Browns should do is lose in overtime (if possible) and on purpose. Fuck the winning season when you can fuck with the Steelers and hopefully get Tomlin fired and have Rapistburger go full Favre again babbling about retiring for the next 6 months. These obnoxious cunts have treated Browns as easy 2 W's for years. Thank you Hue. A blind moth in a coma would coach a team better. Hell, even Jon Gruden coaches better. There would be nothing better than watching Steelers sulk. Actually, having seahawks miss the post-season would be better but NFL had instructed the refs thruout the season to drag the chickens into the post with non-calls because they get a hardon for wilson for some reason.
Also, I see that Saints wheeled out Gleason again. Outstanding

Last edited:
  • 3Salty
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
what Browns should do is lose in overtime (if possible) and on purpose. Fuck the winning season when you can fuck with the Steelers and hopefully get Tomlin fired and have Rapistburger go full Farve again babbling about retiring for the next 6 months. These obnoxious cunts have treated Browns as easy 2 W's for years. Thank you Hue. A blind moth in a coma would coach a team better. Hell, even Jon Gruden coaches better. There would be nothing better than watching Steelers sulk. Actually, having seahawks miss the post-season would be better but NFL had instructed the refs thruout the season to drag the chickens into the post with non-calls because they get a hardon for wilson for some reason.
Also, I see that Saints wheeled out Gleason again. Outstanding

Tomlin is not going anywhere. He's won a Super Bowl, he's perennially in the playoffs, and most importantly it's the Steelers. He's going to be coach for the next 20 years.

Hope I'm wrong.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, being in a division with the criminal Bengals has artificially inflated the number of massive injuries to star players we have to deal with. Why’d you leave out the Ravens though? Right.

If you want to argue that the AFC East is harder than the North be my guest.

Steelers fans talking about how their division is harder than the Pats falls flat when Brady and Belichick have owned their asses for the last decade. It's pretty tough to say the Pats don't deserve to be there after they kick your ass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If you look at the tweet from Fitz he explains they know eachother and it was a joke. That’s just a Twitter sports account looking for a headline. That being said Suh is still scum

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
If you look at the tweet from Fitz he explains they know eachother and it was a joke. That’s just a Twitter sports account looking for a headline. That being said Suh is still scum
Fitz had just undone Suh's chin strap right before this, this is taken out of context of course, don't think he hurt him obviously. Still pretty stupid.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought Suh mostly cleaned up his act? I have to assume he'd have ended up with a lifetime ban from the league if he hadn't.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Steelers fans talking about how their division is harder than the Pats falls flat when Brady and Belichick have owned their asses for the last decade. It's pretty tough to say the Pats don't deserve to be there after they kick your ass.

Don’t be fucking retarded. I never said the Pats didn’t deserve to be there. They clearly do. The Steelers’ division is harder though. It’s a fact. A fact that nobody has even attempted to dispute, by the way. You want to give it a shot? Right.

I was responding to a Dolphins fan who has bought into this moronic narrative that the Dolphins have some special ability to beat this Patriots team. Newsflash to this forum and to all NFL fans everywhere: the Dolphins get their asses handed to them by the Pats constantly just like everyone else does. We just notice it with the Steelers because the Steelers are usually actually good, unlike the Dolphins.

Jesus a lot of you people have Steelers Derangement Syndrome.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Don’t be fucking retarded. I never said the Pats didn’t deserve to be there. They clearly do. The Steelers’ division is harder though. It’s a fact. A fact that nobody has even attempted to dispute, by the way. You want to give it a shot? Right.

What reason is there to bring up the Pat's division if not to suggest that they don't deserve to get to the playoffs, or at least deserve it as much as you do? If the Pats are better than the Steelers, then it's safe to assume that they would be in the playoffs if they were in the Steelers division also. It's not like they're sliding in at 7-9 every year and then getting lucky.

• 1Like