NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You're kidding right?

How soon you forget their one and done playoff run of last year.
...and the 49 years before that.
Er...no, was pointing out since they won the Cup in '10 they've gone one and done twice in a row since, not just last year
Well they are undefeated after quarter of a season is played already (albeit a shortened schedule) and their strength of schedule has been anything but weak. Most of their games so far have been against playoff teams and 10 out of 12 first games have been on the road.

Time to sack up and give credit where credit is due.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well they are undefeated after quarter of a season is played already (albeit a shortened schedule) and their strength of schedule has been anything but weak. Most of their games so far have been against playoff teams and 10 out of 12 first games have been on the road.

Time to sack up and give credit where credit is due.
Yes, their start to the regular season has been great. We'll see if it means anything come playoff time. My Caps had a 121 point regular season just 3 years ago (6th best in league history I believe) and blew a 3-1 series lead in round 1 against the Habs. A lot of President's Trophy winners have had early playoff exits over the years.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Yes, but the Caps suck.

And Hawks are beating the Kings 3-0 halfway through the 2nd period right now.

Merrith

Yes, but the Caps suck.

And Hawks are beating the Kings 3-0 halfway through the 2nd period right now.
The 2009-2010 Caps did not suck. I'm just pointing out the obvious, the regular season can mean a lot less in hockey than it does in the other sports. NHL Playoffs always have crazy things happen.

Merrith

Chicago won the stanley cup that same season. Was that not good enough?
It absolutely was, but no matter how good a regular season they have, it won't be able to tell us if they can repeat that feat from 3 years ago and win the Cup again.

Touraxus_sl

shitlord
All this talk of dirty players reminded me of my favorite goaltender of all time. Not only was Hextall a talented goaltender, dude did not take any shit from anyone lol.

Reminds me of all the old billy smith clips family tossed at me since I was a rangers fan growing up.
Great players, but got more penalty minutes you would expect from that position.

Merrith

Kings bringing it.
Think it's too little too late, but they might tie this up. On another note, fuck the Rags, about 20 minutes until puck drop as we go for 4 in a row. Although surprise surprise, Mike Green is hurt again and out today.

Merrith

Outplayed badly, Rangers deserved that win. Holtby deserved better from us.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Still undefeated
smile.png

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Still undefeated
smile.png
Ask Tom Brady about how meaningful undefeated regular seasons are.

Devils are really pissing me off. They are playing the type of game that causes televisions to be broken. Same with Islanders. Islanders show up to play against New York area teams and they had a chance to really bury and demoralize the Flyers this afternoon, and instead they don't bother to show up.