NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wonder at some point if it'll be better if the streak ends to take the pressure off them

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Players are saying that they're not feeling any pressure.

Granted, they just might be saying the usual "one game at a time, just want to win the cup" bullshit to the media like they are supposed to, but I genuinely think that they are not overtly concerned with keeping the streak alive.

Merrith

At some point it becomes a big deal though the longer it goes on. It might not even be them that pushes that narrative, the media will do it all on their own. I don't think it will effect them long term (over the course of this season) but you could see them have a mini letdown once the streak finally ends.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
At some point it becomes a big deal though the longer it goes on. It might not even be them that pushes that narrative, the media will do it all on their own. I don't think it will effect them long term (over the course of this season) but you could see them have a mini letdown once the streak finally ends.
Yeah, probably.

Merrith

Nice to see Holtby rebound from the Philly game with another shutout. We keep hanging around.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Love watching Vokoun suck.
As a Habs fan, it's been a fun game to watch. My big issue is I don't understand why Vokoun is in nets instead of Fluery. The media here is making a pretty big deal about it; I get that he's been having a pretty shitty year but there's no reason not to play him in his hometown.

Merrith

As a Habs fan, it's been a fun game to watch. My big issue is I don't understand why Vokoun is in nets instead of Fluery. The media here is making a pretty big deal about it; I get that he's been having a pretty shitty year but there's no reason not to play him in his hometown.
This game is like Pens/Flyers round 1 last year. Plenty of entertainment to watch. I don't get why Fleury hasn't been playing either although I admit I haven't followed the Pens that much. Every time I see Vokoun in net he's giving up 5+.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
...and as I type that, there's the + in 5+. This game hahaha.
3 goals in under 2 minutes. This type of play favors the pens heavily though, imo. The success of the Habs this year has been playing boring hockey and shutting down play at center ice. Pens just have way more tools then we do for a game like this - I still trust Price to make a key save over Vokoun but he's been having a horrible game too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess Vokoun started because traditionally he's shut down the Canadians pretty effectively and they wanted to get his head right. So much for that shit=P

As much as the Pens just saying "Fuck Defense" makes for entertaining games I kind of wish they'd get back to player proper hockey...

Brandon Sutter/Jordan Staal trade looking better and better. And I was against it because I love Staal's defense and penalty killing. He was a perfect 3rd line center for this team.

Merrith

And...the late delay of game penalty fucks the Wings. 1-1, 2 minutes left. Looks like the streak continues.