NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Bane_sl

shitlord
Gary Bettman can't resist pissing fans off..

14 of the 24 KHL All-Stars were NHL'ers, and are now heading home.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Supplemental Discipline

Decisions will still be handled by Brendan Shanahan, but there's a new wrinkle to the appeal process. Appeals will first go through NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and, for suspensions of six games or more, a neutral third party will get involved.

Great, because we all know how well Bettman is at making decisions.

Sinter1_sl

shitlord
Really fucking annoyed it took this long, but I'm going to watch (and maybe go to games). Besides the NFL playoffs and March Madness, not much around the corner in the sports world that will draw my attention from Isles hockey.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are we pretending that bettman is anything else besides the owner's attack dog?

businesscats_sl

shitlord
I absolutely love hockey but I have zero desire to attend or even watch games for this gimp season. While it really is a rush to the cup, which is cool, the eventual cup winners wont feel like legit champs to me. Fuckin' watch the Leafs or some team win it, too.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Are we pretending that bettman is anything else besides the owner's attack dog?
I agree, he's simply doing what the owners have empowered him to do. But that aside, I think it's best that he move on. He is universally hated. Let Bill Daly run it for a few years, and then have Shanahan run the league. Better yet, have a former player like Stu Grimson or someone else (Parros?) run the NHLPA. Have former players in charge of both, and try to move past this ridiculous era of contentious bargaining.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was there anything about realignment in the CBA? I know the Olympics stuff wasn't included but I haven't read anything about realignment.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
They said that will have to be negotiated separately as well. I would imagine both realignment and Olympics will be resolved over the summer.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree, he's simply doing what the owners have empowered him to do. But that aside, I think it's best that he move on. He is universally hated. Let Bill Daly run it for a few years, and then have Shanahan run the league. Better yet, have a former player like Stu Grimson or someone else (Parros?) run the NHLPA. Have former players in charge of both, and try to move past this ridiculous era of contentious bargaining.
I wouldn't complain if he retired, but I'd be happier if Jeremy Jacobs died before the next cba.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Was there anything about realignment in the CBA? I know the Olympics stuff wasn't included but I haven't read anything about realignment.
Nothing about realignment but there is something in there about expansion for 2 more teams (WTF!?) by the 2014 series.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I've seen it mentioned in several articles as well, from a couple months back. Having 32 teams is optimal from a scheduling/division perspective. Quebec would get one team for the 2015 season when their arena is finished or near finished. Not sure where the other team would go, but I'd imagine somewhere in the US.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think Portland or Seattle would be the US Team. There was somebody that has shown interest in buying a franchise for one of those cities I forget which one.