NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The hybrid icing becomes another discretionary call, by the linesman no less.It doesn't do what it is supposed to do and that is protect the players from severe injury.If the defenseman looks like he will get to the puck first, icing is called right away,if it looks like a tie, the tie goes to the defender, but if the offense gets there first no whistle, the play goes on.That's is where it fails,the forward doesn't get the protection.
The forward can not pursue the puck, if they're all that concerned about it. Whereas a D doesn't really have much choice. Personally I'm fine with it, and think it's a good compromise between touch and no-touch (which I personally don't much like).

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I love how the Sharks can go out and beat top-tier teams and then totally get shut down by shit teams. CBJ just completely fucking played us. Good thing we have that win streak insurance!

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ovechkin with another goal, league leading 26th. Caps win 5th in a row...at Montreal no less. Jets won as well though, as did the Isles. Ottawa lost though.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh Pens clinched Northeast tonight btw. Maybe they can just rest the entire team until the playoffs and call up all of the Wilkes-Barre guys until then...

Merrith

Oh Pens clinched Northeast tonight btw. Maybe they can just rest the entire team until the playoffs and call up all of the Wilkes-Barre guys until then...
Even if realignment had already happened this year you would have clinched...pretty crazy. Amazingly enough 2nd place would be...the Capitals.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Without sounding like a Bruins homer.. how's everyone feel about the hit on Marchand tonight? Shanny already came out and said non-suspendable.

Merrith

N/m found it on espn.com. If Shanny said non-suspendable is he thinking about a fine at least? I didn't think you could throw forearms/elbows to the head like that. Now I'm not sure how much intent there was with the puck coming around that might have been an uncoordinated attempt to smother it against the boards, but he certainly should be held accountable for not being in control and causing an injury like that.

Bane_sl

shitlord
I just find it personally insulting he already came out and said not suspendable. Pretty quick decision there pal.

Krag

Peasant
Without sounding like a Bruins homer.. how's everyone feel about the hit on Marchand tonight? Shanny already came out and said non-suspendable.
I have no fucking clue how that can be even considered non-suspendable. Didn't the NHL want to get rid of hits to the head? It can't be much more evident than this that Volchenkov raises his elbow when he sees Marchand, leads with it and plants it firmly in the side of Marchand's head.

And I think Marchand in general is a little rat bastard so I don't feel like I'm exactly biased for him.

If there's no suspension for this hit, together with the Rick Nash debacle, it's starting to get really tough to see any kind of consistency in the rulings (not that there was a whole lot before.)