NHL 2012-13 - Half Season Thread

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Just by the way, anyone know which team has the longest win streak this season? Is it Chicago? It's probably Chicago, I mean they won all those games and Aray was all jizzing in to his keyboard after every one. They definitely have the longest winning streak, you'd like like a real asshole doing that if your team didn't.
Point streaks do not equal winning streaks.

Methodical_sl

shitlord
National Post insults Oilers and their crappy fans.LOL

and which if you are in Alberta means watching the out-of-town scoreboard with great interest because it means you don't have to look at your own team.
In Alberta, times are grim. The Edmonton Oilers are perpetually waiting for Godot, and are getting booed at home
No matter how bad it gets, no matter how dark, no matter how wretched, you're not in Alberta. Never forget it could always be worse.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pens acquire Douglas Murray from Sharks for a 2nd round pick and a conditional 3rd round pick which turns into a 2nd if they win 2 playoff rounds or re-sign him. At least that's the rumor I read on the trade details. Seems a bit steep, but it does improve their D. Shero being aggressive again.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pens acquire Douglas Murray from Sharks for a 2nd round pick and a conditional 3rd round pick which turns into a 2nd if they win 2 playoff rounds or re-sign him. At least that's the rumor I read on the trade details. Seems a bit steep, but it does improve their D. Shero being aggressive again.
As a Sharks fan, this is a big deal for us. Getting rid of Murray was a good move. We need pucks movers and that he is not. I will miss crankshaft as he did give us some pretty great years, but he just doesn't fit anymore. SJ deepening their prospect pool is a big deal right now too. I'm sure Bylsma will use him better and not pair him with a guy who has the same weaknesses as him, I.E. Brad Stuart.

Merrith

Carolina Hurricanes sign Alex Semin, 5 years at $7 million per #TSN
per Aaron Ward...Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Amazing. He'll provide some offense sure, just hope if they ever make the playoffs he doesn't pull a disappearing act like he's known to.

Methodical_sl

shitlord
Bruins again tonight, doubt we can take another 2 from them.
Liles out with an injury so Kosta is back in on D and Lupul is back from his suspension.
Ryan Hamilton a healthy scratch, played good last game, but was there for Lupul's absence.
Jesse Blacker(D) called up as well,also a healthy scratch;there just in case someone got hurt or sick before game.

Need more Mclaren/Orr goal.

Ryan Hamilton is in, weird.

Bane_sl

shitlord
Demoting Lucic to the 3rd line was the best thing Claude could have done.. that was a sick goal and the fastest I have seen him skate in 3 years.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sharks fuckin needed that one. Can't wait to see the Wednesday game at the tank! Fuck you, ducks! I've...been drinking. That couture goal that was disallowed was absolute horseshit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Marc-Andre Fleury has been good all season and great lately, giving up less than a goal a game over the last 5-6 games.

So of course he gets clocked upside the head by his own player and doesn't play the 3rd period tonight. God I hope it was just precautionary. Vokoun has finally settled in and been pretty damn good lately, but they really need Fleury back there.

On the bright side Letang played and Malkin is supposedly ALMOST back. Also 13 straight.

Merrith

Caps blew a chance to keep pace tonight. Go down 2-0 early, come back to tie it 2-2 going to the 3rd and have a PP with less than 10 minutes left. Ovechkin's goal streak ended, but ended up with an assist and probably should have had a couple more tonight but the iron and simple missing the net killed us. Mike Green still has wtf moments to blow games too. This one hurt...4 back of 8th again and 7 back of division leader Winnipeg who we just killed on back to back nights not 5 days ago.

Fidlen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well Khabby stole some points for us tonight. Oilers didnt play terrible but St Louis definitely deserved a better fate. Was secretly hoping deep down that we tank the rest of this year so we might actually get some management changes aside from just a coaching change.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Chicago radio sports pundits were talking about if the Hawks get him today. But, of course, they didn't want to give up anything for him. They give up a D, and they just create another hole.