NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Nester

Vyemm Raider
The habs overpaid for 53 points IMO....I thought the NHL had learned that super high long term contracts are a bad idea.

I would be interested in the pool next year.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
The habs overpaid for 53 points IMO....I thought the NHL had learned that super high long term contracts are a bad idea.

I would be interested in the pool next year.
Points are only half the picture for a defenseman. When a player goes on pk's side, he knows it's gonna hurt. Also, Aside from subs I only know of Doughty that can just activate the godmode switch once in a while and deke through 4 players to give you the equalizer or game winner you need.

Worth every penny.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There was a report that Sidney Crosby was arrested last night in Ottawa, except he was in Colorado. Someone put together the best tweets about it.

The Best Twitter Reactions to Sidney Crosbys Non-Arrest in Ottawa | Hooked On Hockey Magazine

" can definitely confirm that sidney crosby was not in Boston or Pittsburgh during the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals

- Jeff Israel (@jeffisrael25) September 3, 2014"

" Somewhere in Ottawa, poor Chris Kunitz is serving Crosby's jail time while Crosby enjoys a ski vacation with his winger's wife.

- Bonk's Mullet (@BonksMullet) September 3, 2014"

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
"Rule 38 ? Video Goal JudgeVideo review will be expanded in the following areas:* Rule 38.4 (viii) has been modified to allow broader discretion to Hockey Operations to assist the referees in determining the legitimacy of all potential goals (e.g., to ensure they are "good hockey goals"). The revised Rule will allow Hockey Operations to correct a broader array of situations where video review clearly establishes that a "goal" or "no goal" call on the ice has been made in error. The new expanded rule will also allow Hockey Operations to provide guidance to referees on goal and potential goal plays where the referee has blown his whistle (or intended to blow his whistle) after having lost sight of the puck.* In reviewing "Kicked in Goals," Hockey Operations will require more demonstrable video evidence of a "distinct kicking motion" in order to overrule a "goal" call on the ice, or to uphold a "no goal" call on the ice."

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
SKdMqD3.gif