NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Former Caps fan seeking new team with better management.
You know deep down you've always wanted to feel like this...

8c65b830-ccaa-11e3-a483-d1b6d715b361_tumblr_n3xjqxFnZi1rbvja1o3_r1_400.gif

Just once in your life wouldn't you like to be as excited about something as he is?

So Ryan Miller to the Canucks and Stastny went to the Blues. Just hadn't seen those two mentioned yet.

edit: Spezza to Stars, Brad Richards to Hawks, Craps sign Pen's Orpik(meh) and Niskanen(NOOOOOOOOOO!), and Florida Stole Juicy Jo(kinen) and Thornton.

And a whole bunch more happened. Shit is crazy today, feels busier than previous years. And I'm bummed to lose Jokinen and Niskanen. Niskanen was super solid all year.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Orpik deal was batshit crazy. Like legit stupidity. Scooping Niskanen makes it hurt a little less though. If they keep Green we'll actually have a decent D next year. Of course, now there's no cap room left to bring back Grabovski or some other actual 2C. Perhaps there will be other moves in the works to free up cap room though.

I'm just pissed about Orpik. Total scumbag. Maybe I'll like him if he's our scumbag...but I doubt it.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Orpik isn't a scumbag=P He's what a hardnosed hockey player should be, clean hits and tight defense. Only pussies cry about him, he's not like Neal or Kunitz out there throwing elbows and shit, he just runs through people. He's just old and slow now. But only the biggest shitbirds cry about how he plays since the NHL turned full pussy the last couple seasons.

It's possible he just wasn't in shape or unhealthy this past season, if he gets back to form that deal could be asteal(saw the full numbers, it will never be a steal=P). 100% Orpik is a legit lockdown defender who just takes over his chunk of the ice.

edit: What can any of you SJ, Nuck, or Buffalo fans tell me about Christian Ehrhoff? Pens signed him for 1 year on the cheap.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kyle fucking Quincy! Time to start planning the parade route!

Babcock will be coaching the pens next year.

Merrith

Grimm he doesn't throw the elbows much anymore, but he's still a scumbag. He's more the constant behind the play dirty slashes type of player nowadays. Like I said, I might love him now that he's doing it to everyone else. He does bring intangibles that are undeniable. Our D on paper is a shitload better than it was last year (and quite a few years going back to be honest)...you just have to ignore the stupidity of the contract they gave Orpik. Even the Niskanen deal might hurt in 3 or 4 years. The Orpik one could likely really hurt as early as next year. Time will tell.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Central is insanely loaded. They will be hurt by the new playoff format.
Blues having Stastny is a bit tough, but that will be nullified by the orange safety cone with a Blues jersey that they will have for a goalie.

Caps getting destroyed in the local media for the Orpik contract. He probably didn't help his cause by going on a radio show and basically justifying it with "Well, Jarome Iginla is old, too". Yikes.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blues having Stastny is a bit tough, but that will be nullified by the orange safety cone with a Blues jersey that they will have for a goalie.
Minny is pretty legit, same questions in goal. Jets are the only scrub team.

Malakriss

Caps getting destroyed in the local media for the Orpik contract. He probably didn't help his cause by going on a radio show and basically justifying it with "Well, Jarome Iginla is old, too". Yikes.
The Orpik contract is Washington's Iraq. From the management's initial pursuit of it, to the duration and cost, to the inevitable aftermath.