NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thoughts?
Best player in the world and mostly typical Philly scumbag crying. Most of those plays no other player in the league would even garner a comment. And I still maintain him poking the glove away was hilarious and awesome.

Though the opening montage of dives started off pretty spot on. He was a major flopper early on. Then they started showing a bunch of non-flops when they ran out of those.

Plus he's just got that face you want to punch, it makes his every comment and expression so much worse.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
The poking a glove away can be seen a couple of ways: scumbag dickhead move, or gaining an upper hand by antagonizing the other team. I saw that one the same way you did. It really is a dick move, but there's a reason to do it in certain circumstances.

You really think his diving has gotten better? Was he too young when he started in the NHL?

He's still a pretty good player. Bastard.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You really think his diving has gotten better? Was he too young when he started in the NHL?
Oh he still dives, just no more than any average player now. I don't know if it was his age or he's just a shithead or what early on. But it definitely took him a while to settle in to being team captain on an NHL team at age 20.

It really doesn't matter, he got the label early on and it's never going away. And seriously, that face...

I'm sure it's a big comfort to him that you think he's "still pretty good"=P

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pens just won in the shootout over Detroit on the biggest fluke accident of a goal by Jokinen. I'm going to bed, someone post the gif when it shows up.

Wings lock up a playoff spot with the point though.

edit: I lied. Here you go. Good night.

AWkMAtS.gif

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, that is absolutely crazy. And the Wings get in for the 23rd straight year. I assume that is some sort of record, and not even just for the NHL? I haven't actually looked but I can't think of another team in any sport that has made the playoffs for 23 straight seasons.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wow, that is absolutely crazy. And the Wings get in for the 23rd straight year. I assume that is some sort of record
I don't think it is. i remember the Blues having some crazy long streak that ended in the late 90s.

List of NHL franchise post-season appearance streaks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

hmm, Blues isn't the longest either at 25. Blackhawks had 28 andBruins had 29. Both from the late 60s to mid 90s. The Blues streak ran until 2003/4.

BTW in addition to the awesome goal above, Fleury made a totalHasek savein the shootout. Then he madethis face. '08-'09 Fleury is back! YOU IS ALL FUCKED!

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here, he's probably the best shootout goalie in the NHL. GD shame that's a worthless commodity after the next 2 games=P

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
And...the Caps miss the playoffs. Honestly it'll probably be better for the organization long term. Oates and/or Mcphee need to go.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'm excited to watch the Wild in the playoffs again this year, but to be honest I'm not sure this team ever takes the next step into being actual contenders until Yeo is fired and they bring in an experienced coach.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
F&*(^(%&*^**%(*(^* Toronto Maple Leafs.

Ten games ago, they seemed in good shape to make the playoffs. Their record for the last ten? 2-8-0. Way to step it up at the end of the season, you bunch of twatholes. Man, does that organization need a top to bottom overhaul. Unreal. Last ten years? Two playoff appearances.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sharks/LA rematch is going to be the best matchup of the playoffs. I would have loved to have the Sharks play the Wild but losing to them would have been humiliating. At least we have home ice!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pens get Columbus in the first round. It's sad how relieved I am that it didn't end up being Detroit. Going to be even more sadderer if Fleury goes out there and shits away the series.