NHL 2013 - 2014 Season Thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I dunno, it would seem to me that when "The leaders of the two world superpowers, the USA and the USSR, have declared an end to the Cold War", that the war would be over.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
Is one of those guys the same guy that declared "READ MY LIPS NO NEW TAXES"?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great afternoon Pens/Canucks game today, capped by Malkin absolutely undressing Luongo for the only shootout goal.

edit: Said undressing.

ce88ee44.gif

That blog picks the worst fucking angles to make gifs from sometimes, will edit again if a better one shows up,

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
Its gonna be really weird watching the Red Wings battling through the Eastern Conf. playoffs

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God our new stupid division blows. Not that you should be surprised with a stupid fucking name like "Metropolitan".

THAT SAID, how about a stupid homer picture that's half out of context?

JUQe5wv.png

Just ignore that half of them are actually tied for the lead=P

Loser Araysar

<Gaming Ghost>
God our new stupid division blows. Not that you should be surprised with a stupid fucking name like "Metropolitan".

THAT SAID, how about a stupid homer picture that's half out of context?

JUQe5wv.png

Just ignore that half of them are actually tied for the lead=P

350x-412.jpg

Personnages-celebres-Troll-face-Troll-face-fuuuu-28374.png

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
History tells me you say this as a joke, but anyone being impartial can see he cleaned up his game. He went from a filthy scumbag to a normal NHL pest type. We've had this discussion multiple times so I'm not gonna drag it out. He's still dirty, but he's the normal NHL dirty that every team has on their bench not suspended-every-season dirty. After that 2011 shitshow that almost got him run out of town he had 44 penalty minutes the next year and they started using him on special teams more. He was on pace last season for 60ish if they played a full schedule. You know how many penalty minutes he has this year? 0. All with the same or increased TOI.

Cooke to Kaleta: I can help you change - Cross Checks Blog - ESPN
I mean it half in jest and half seriously. I think he's a good example of someone who was sat down by his team and told he had to change, I don't suddenly think Matt Cooke is a guy who wouldn't take a cheap shot at a guy in the heat of the game if the situation presented itself. With the public call out he received, it's not surprising he cleaned it up last year. I'm skeptical that it will last, but regardless I do think he is a guy who could have some constructive feedback to give Kaleta.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jiggy was an animal for the Avs last night. Crosby and Malkin were gunning and he didn't let shit in. Avs only managed 14 shots and still won 1-0. After the first few minutes I was positive Sid was gonna get 2-3 goals.

Araxen

Whey are the Panthers still in Florida? Almost the entire arena is Blackhawks fans tonight. Move that fucking team to a better market.

Merrith

Jiggy was an animal for the Avs last night. Crosby and Malkin were gunning and he didn't let shit in. Avs only managed 14 shots and still won 1-0. After the first few minutes I was positive Sid was gonna get 2-3 goals.
Yeah you put up those same possession numbers every game and you'd win 9 out of 10 times. Avs are getting ridiculous goaltending right now.

Merrith

Late start in Edmonton tonight...Ovechkin with 31 goals in his last 30 regular season games (9 in 9 this year). I guess the dream of 50 in 50 is alive or something. Rest of the Caps need to step the fuck up though. Top line overall has been good, but defensively Backstrom has had some lapses.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Niemi with another shutout...

How the hell is this team playing this well with 4 of their elite players injured? Ottawa tomorrow is going to be a brutal game.