NHL 2016-17 Season

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nice logo...

Cx6b8DqWEAAer90.jpg

I expect that team to be looking for another city within 10 years.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
Golden Knights, not bad.

Right now the psych is pretty high, at least among my group of friends. Now we just need to get the Raiders out here.

Merrith

Can dig Golden Knights. Really hope the NHL has success in Vegas, I think it's a bold move on their part to be the first major sport to put a team in there.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
My boss and some of his relatives living here bought season tickets. They are from Canada, and they're already getting calls from people about flying in when the Golden Knights play their team. Hotels are planning package deals around this. Fly to Vegas to see your team vs the GK's, gamble, party; away team crowds are going to be a huge part of this teams local financial success.

Malakriss

Ovechkin gets a hat trick, Caps still almost let them come back in the final minutes. 50% off Papa Johns tomorrow! Except... Thanksgiving...

Merrith

Ovechkin gets a hat trick, Caps still almost let them come back in the final minutes. 50% off Papa Johns tomorrow! Except... Thanksgiving...

2016, and Crosby and Ovechkin are 1 and 2 in goals scored. Kind of weird for Ovechkin to be so high this early, he usually doesn't heat up until after the new year.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Rangers now with 6 fowards injured. Four of which were playing in the top 6. Basically an AHL team at this point and Lundqvist looks bad. Like really really bad. It's a good thing we had a good start because this month is gonna be brutal.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Would be pretty cool if some of these other Metro teams could start losing. The new Central over here...

Fadaar

That guy
I know Stamkos is out but the Lightning need to snap out of their funk. 2-7-1 in their last 10 and not even a top 8 seed in the east right now. They seem to have a habit of doing this the last few years and really turning it on after New Years, I can only hope that's the case again this season.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I know Stamkos is out but the Lightning need to snap out of their funk. 2-7-1 in their last 10 and not even a top 8 seed in the east right now. They seem to have a habit of doing this the last few years and really turning it on after New Years, I can only hope that's the case again this season.

I feel like TB is going down a similar road the Rangers did last season. They haven't moved anyone or changed much the past few years trying to "give it one more shot" after having came so close. Star foward injured, and young talent triplets not reaching their potential yet (cept for Kucherov). Still early obviously, but it could come down to the wire for those Atlantic teams if the Metro hogs the WC spots.

Soooo glad the Rangers didn't pull a Sathir again and throw the bank at Stamkos though.

Merrith

Metro v. Metro, but hot team rolls on. Fucking Pens, Caps, Jackets, and Flyers are combined 32-6-2 over their previous 10 games. Caps 7-2-1 over that stretch and have actually LOST ground to all of the other 3 I listed. 5 wins in a row and it's the shortest active winning streak of the 4.

Just ridiculous.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Jackets have been so great to watch this season. I am completely blown away by this team and their work ethic. In a lot of these games in past years when a shitty goal late in the game would happen the Jackets would have given up. Not this year, they continue to fight back and I am crediting Torts with this attitude change. Werenksi and Jones are monsters and it's fantastic seeing an actual defense here in Columbus.

I'll be at the Pens game tomorrow night and I believe the atmosphere will be close to playoff like as the Pens are the closest thing to a "rival" that we have. It'll also be a game for first place which the Jackets have never accomplished. I also expect Dubinski to murder Crosby on the ice.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I also expect Dubinski to murder Crosby on the ice.

Here's hoping...

Hate Torts, but props where they are do. I will say their schedule has been favorable though. They have been feasting on some pretty weak teams and are somehow like 6 games back from most of the metro. We'll see how they adjust when things start to catch up but I am pulling for them to make a good run.

Merrith

I always love it when Oshie goes out there and makes every goalie his bitch in the shootout...then have to pray Kuznetsov scores, b/c otherwise we somehow manage to blow it every time. I know Trotz likes to hold Ovechkin in reserve cause he's not the best in the shootout, but seems dumb as shit to me to throw out Justin Williams over him. If you're going to not use him, and least put Johannson or Burakovsky on.

Alterity

Molten Core Raider
Here's hoping...

Hate Torts, but props where they are do. I will say their schedule has been favorable though. They have been feasting on some pretty weak teams and are somehow like 6 games back from most of the metro. We'll see how they adjust when things start to catch up but I am pulling for them to make a good run.
Besides us not playing the Pens and the Flyers, how can you say our schedule has been favorable...is it because we haven't played the metro teams? We smoked the Habs 10-0, beat the Rangers and Blackcawks once, and the Caps twice. The only team that has giving us issues has been the Sharks, Boston(???) and maybe the Blues. I guess you could make a point that we've had rest between our games. I think the next two weeks will define the Jackets and their legitimacy.

Last edited:

Malakriss

I've seen some shitty officiating but holy christ this WSH vs NJD has been horrible all around. 3 on 3 from four separate penalties.