NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Canes-Caps was insane. Can't complain about the point when you give up 6 goals. I still hate shootouts though.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Canes-Caps was insane. Can't complain about the point when you give up 6 goals. I still hate shootouts though.

Yeah, I kind of wish they'd just do another 5 min of 3 on 3. If no goal just end in a tie.

Merrith

Ovechkin is just on fire lately. 7 in his last 4 games, something like 18 in his last 26?

Merrith

Kinda sucks we let Detroit grab a point, but I'll take the win! Can't believe Chicago let Strome go for nothing, he's been so huge for us. Stupid Rags letting Philly get a point.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Kinda sucks we let Detroit grab a point, but I'll take the win! Can't believe Chicago let Strome go for nothing, he's been so huge for us. Stupid Rags letting Philly get a point.
Hard to tank with someone who can go on a scoring binge like he can. Also the previous GM ruined him on the Hawks and he needed a fresh start.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Coyotes and the Hawks couldnt get him going. He turned out a lot like his brother, just a late bloomer.

Merrith

Hard to tank with someone who can go on a scoring binge like he can. Also the previous GM ruined him on the Hawks and he needed a fresh start.

Just figure as asset management you'd try to get something for him rather than not even qualifying offer him and letting him walk. But the pure tank was important, I know.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
This is wild.

nhl-memes-week-22-7.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Everyone lost by at least 3 goals, so if you call standing still a race.

Caps have an extra two games to play compared to the Flyers and they play each other to end the season so it's going to turn into a Long Live the King moment to maybe let Detroit sneak in.

Merrith

Yeah weird night where the only team that benefited was the Isles, if you can even still call them in the race.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I'd say at least 4 teams are competing for WC2 (if you count Philly). Every other WC spot around the league looks locked up. Hell, anything could happen. Jersey could still get a spot (doubtful), Lightning could lose theirs (we're hot bitches) and Vegas could still (hopefully) miss the playoffs (god isn't just). But the only one I really have my eye on is WC2. Its kinda between the Caps/Flyers and Wings. Philly has a pretty easy schedule left, but the least games in hand, and Caps and Wings have a pretty similar schedule strength with some tougher opponents down the line with Caps having a slight advantage. With Larkin back can Detroit find their groove and go on one last streak (of course not its Detroit). Should be interesting (for a third party).

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's interesting is out of all those teams, the only one that has semi decent underlying numbers is probably Philly. Their problem is they are essentially trying to do this with only one decent (not great) goalie which is why the news about the russian goalie yesterday was interesting. They are most likely going to get in due to their schedule. Caps can play their way in because they play against other WC teams (wings, flyers, bolts).

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Respect to the Caps. No clue how they continue to get points with that roster which seems to get a little worse every few weeks. They seem to be the only team that want's that last playoff spot though. Hate seeing a team with that goal dif get in though but I guess the East just falls off pretty hard this season. Hope they keep the 3 seed in the Metro, can see them giving the Canes a rough ride or if it's the Rangers I like NY's chances. Philly too but I think Canes would match up a little better with them and the Canes scare me.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Respect to the Caps. No clue how they continue to get points with that roster which seems to get a little worse every few weeks. They seem to be the only team that want's that last playoff spot though. Hate seeing a team with that goal dif get in though but I guess the East just falls off pretty hard this season. Hope they keep the 3 seed in the Metro, can see them giving the Canes a rough ride or if it's the Rangers I like NY's chances. Philly too but I think Canes would match up a little better with them and the Canes scare me.
Merrith Merrith
1711896548477.png

Wtf Blink 182 GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Both Philly and Detroit are 3-5-2 in their last 10, since it would be impossible for them to play the Caps in the 1st round I strongly disagree with them having a 24% chance at making it to the 2nd.