NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sitting here watching the caps have 20 shots on goal and down 3. What dog shit.

Oh well drinking beer
IMG_3467.jpeg

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Caps, Kraken and Oilers all tied to shit goaltending for 4 more years. Oof.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
I have serious concerns for the future of the Caps. Obviously the team is just dragging a hollowed out husk of a team trying to get Ovi the record (and with the way they're playing now this is the first time I've thought he might not actually get there), but what happens after? I think it'll take at least 3 years of the team being absolute hot garbage for Ovi to even approach the record, and then what? Leonsis has proven to be a really bad owner with the Wiz, I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to the Caps

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
Isn't mcdavid injured for a couple weeks? Slopmondookie should be getting hard exposed without him

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have serious concerns for the future of the Caps. Obviously the team is just dragging a hollowed out husk of a team trying to get Ovi the record (and with the way they're playing now this is the first time I've thought he might not actually get there), but what happens after? I think it'll take at least 3 years of the team being absolute hot garbage for Ovi to even approach the record, and then what? Leonsis has proven to be a really bad owner with the Wiz, I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to the Caps

On the bright side, I think Leonsis actually got a good GM for the Caps, whereas the Wizards were stuck with shit one for years and years. Reload time will depend on how guys like McMichael and Lapierre (also Miro) develop, also how some of these trades GMBM has made to get a little younger in some spots (like turning Orlov into Sandin) turn out. Kid we took at #8 overall this recent draft should be a good one, but we just missed out on elite top end talent. We'll have to hit on our draft picks next couple years while we likely have top 15 picks.

Was nice to see some offense tonight, Strome does seem to work well with Ovi and seems pretty cost effective at his cap hit (compared to our other centers, Backstrom and Kuzy). I don't think Keumper is that bad, but he goes through hot and cold streaks too much.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Damn San Jose are the chargers of the NHL.

The Chargers put themselves in a position to win, then completely fuck it up. Very different from just being straight up bad.

They showed a fun stat during the Detroit game tonight.

San Jose goals: 8
DeBrincat goals: 9

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Chargers put themselves in a position to win, then completely fuck it up. Very different from just being straight up bad.

They showed a fun stat during the Detroit game tonight.

San Jose goals: 8
DeBrincat goals: 9
I was talking more about the San Jose of old. This team made the playoffs 19 out of 23 times in the past 23 years or something like that. Now they are easily the worst in the league. Like they aren't even trying. They should've won the cup at least once, maybe twice.

I'm kind of referencinghow both of these teams should have championships.

Merrith

A part of me feels for Sharks fans, b/c for a long time us Caps fans viewed them as the Caps of the West...so many expectations during the Thornton/Pavelski/Burns/etc years, but never reaching it. Then we managed to win a Cup, and their roster kind of got blown up completely.

Unlike some other teams like Ducks, Detroit, etc, it doesn't feel like San Jose really has as many potential talents that will see them on the rise again in the near future, unless I missed some stuff among their farm system.

Merrith

Whatever the Caps do this year, they should leave Ovechkin/Strome/Wilson intact as the top line.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nucks the best start out of all the Canadian teams wasn't something I had on my NHL season 23-24 bingo card. Shoulda gone with Hughes over Karlton in the fantasy draft.