NHL 2023-2024 Season - Arizona Stays Homeless

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hertl to VGK is...rough. Literally my favorite player going to my most hated team. Not enough fuckin cope in the world to cure the pain. I like the return, the small retention is awesome, and that contract is going to be brutal for VGK in the future.

However, not Hertl man. Sad times. Times to rebuild at fucking buffalo speed. See you boys in a decade.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How VGK can fit all this in is insane. They must be letting a lot of guys walk at the end of the season.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Glad I don't root for a team in the West but boy do I hope VGK are plagued with injuries all post season and get bounced in the first round

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm just glad my team (Canes) finally said 'fuck it let's go' and went high rolling for Guenzel and then rolling the dice on Kuznetsov.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I'm just glad my team (Canes) finally said 'fuck it let's go' and went high rolling for Guenzel and then rolling the dice on Kuznetsov.
Yeah, as a Ranger fan i'm glad they didn't break the bank for Guentzel but he's a perfect fit for the Canes. They did good.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How VGK can fit all this in is insane. They must be letting a lot of guys walk at the end of the season.
You got to love that their management’s approach is “fuck it, we’ll figure it out after the parade”

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
More GMs should do this. Draft picks are a crapshoot. Might as well get the best you can now.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dumba and Duclaire to Tampa.

Duclaire can give us the scoring depth we so desperately crave. He's also fast af which we desperately need.

Not sure how good of a Dman Dumba is. I don't care if he scores, we just need a guy that can box out the crease and lay the hurt on people.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty happy with our GM's measured sell off. Getting a 2nd and a 4th for Mantha would have been a pipe dream this time last year. We traded a 3rd and 7th to get Edmundson, but move him for a 3rd and a 5th? Small gain. Kuzy thing is a mess, I just really hope the guy can get to a good place mentally and it has seemed like for a long time he wanted a fresh start somewhere else for whatever reason. Hope one day we get the full story. $3.9M off the books next year while getting a 3rd back isn't too bad, though.

Assuming Backstrom is likely just done and on LTIR next season, too, we're going to have 12F, 7D, and 2G signed with somewhere in the realm of $14-17M in cap space. That's with 26 picks in the next 3 drafts, including all three of our 1sts, five 2nd's, and six 3rd's. I really wish this summer's UFA group was a little bit better, though.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This TB vs PHI game is nuts. Torts gets match penalty and keeps cussing Wes Mcully out refusing to leave for like 5 minutes.

Never change Torts

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never seen this before...

Also apparently if you pull a goalie in OT and lose you forfeit the extra point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
nhl-memes-week-20-2.jpg

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No idea how Caps are in the thick of playoff race still, but here we are. Schedule is rough down the stretch, though. Sneaking in to get young guys a playoff series experience would be pretty nice, though.