Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom (Level 5/Ghibli RPG)

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I need to finish the first game. Just couldn't take the AI and dropped it about 50% in.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hopefully the combat is a bit better, I didn't hate it but I know some people did, I just didn't like it either. But yeah otherwise good stuff. Also it seems it doesn't have the actual Studio Ghibli cooperation, but it has Joe Hisashi doing the music and Yoshiyuki Momose doing char design, so it's pretty much the same thing.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
First one was good but it was too easy. Hope this one has some challenge.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The animation is on another level wow. Seems like the PS4 is finally picking up steam. Will definitely be picking one up next year.

Getting haku vibes from the earthling protagonist.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd really like to play the first one, but PS3 exclusive. =/
Well from the looks of it, it has no link to the first one so you could just play the 2nd one and never play the first.

They might also re-release the game before this releases cause it's pretty common nowadays who knows.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Drippy's never ending tutorial, or explaining that you have to use the emotions each time it came to that part were annoying but not enough to mess up the game. Same with the way that the monsters don't clip, and had knockbacks on normal attacks that would cause subsequent ones to miss. Otherwise I loved the game, and just seeing this thread definitely makes me want to play it again.

Granted, it -does- get easy, and starts incredibly easy due to the Pre-order bonus Griffy. But the majority of the middle section, unless you way overground, was at least moderately difficult so that every boss wasn't a faceroll. Granted, -everything- was easy if you had 1-2 of those dinosaur guys who shout. Hrm yeah, I guess it was rather easy overall, now that I think about it. I think I only died twice in the game, once to some early boss because I didn't have the right types of pets on the girl/thief when you first have the thief guy, and then once on the last boss because I didn't notice her ultimate attack and it had all three of my characters on the field at the same time, like a dumbass hah.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Most jrpgs are easy if you think about it. Very few you actually die at any point besides the random boss that uses some super powered shit attack and you don't figure what you're supposed to do before you die. Worst case scenario in general is when you start having to use some of your consumables that you've been stockpiling to get your dead guys back up asap and what not. I know this is pretty much every jrpg ever at least, even the older ones.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I'd agree with that, overall. I was about to say "But Etrian Oddysey!" but that has a lot more in common with old school western CRPGs than Japanese anything, aside from art style.

About the only "difficult" jrpgs I can honestly remember are the Shin Megami Tensei main games, as they always start ball-bustingly hard due to lack of demons to cover weaknesses, but like 1/3 into the games they generally become very simple due to having access to everything and ways to get more. This doesn't cover extra content because that's generally bullshit in most games and designed for the insane min/max/overgrind behavior that the regular game doesn't need, generally.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Combat in the first one was atrocious, but other than that it was an enjoyable game. I did a couple play throughs. It was a fairly short game though. Hopefully this one is a bit longer.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Welp. I need to hook the PS3 back up and finish the first one. I think I'm 5 hours in? Which doesn't mean shit because the game is huge lmao

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Why did they name it by throwing a can down a flight of stairs? 'Merica!

Northerner

N00b
Eh. The first one is absolutely incredibly stylized and certainly won't at all be to everyone's taste.

To me though, top five possibly and likely top ten for video games I've played lifetime and I've been playing games since pong. Literally.

If you like it, you like it a lot. I'm happy to see that there is a sequel to say the least!