Nier Automata

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm planning on getting it on PC, but I'm waiting for bugs to be ironed out either by Square or fans.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Spent a week chewing through this on PS4, including getting all five endings (one new one in the Replicant Remaster). Game is just plain fun and unique and the music in surround is fucking amazing. It is not for everyone, but this game has held up pretty good for being an action RPG from ten years ago. FYI you can (with a cheat guide) blow through all five endings in about 40 hours played time, but you have to play the main plot of the second act about three times. By the second time you are so fucking OP it goes pretty fast, though. No way I am doing that fishing shit or farming gold to get a platinum though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The long awaited Steam patch just released today. NieR:Automata™ - Notice about the planned release of the Steam patch - Steam News

1626367405723.png

I installed the game a few weeks ago and was having a hard time getting into it. I'm ready to give it a more earnest shot.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
nier, Nier 360 is now BC on xbox and runs at 60 fps on series X/S, $20 just listed today so no sale yet

i own nier replicant (ps4) but haven't played it yet, i know its the "remaster / remake" of this game but whenever I play this i'll probably install this one too just so I can sorta see the differences

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Never played this or read much about it, is it worth picking up on Steam? I like Dark Souls etc.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Never played this or read much about it, is it worth picking up on Steam? I like Dark Souls etc.

Cannot speak for Nier/Replicant, but Automata was fantastic. Highly recommend.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It is definitely not like Dark Souls though. It is a more traditional action RPG, I guess more like say Witcher. Very enjoyable game, story is a bit weird but interesting, setting is good, music is great, combat is fun. You might have to install some mod shit to make the game run properly though, but that takes like 3mins of googling.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s not like dark souls at all. It’s an open world game with more action oriented combat like idk, devil may cry or something like that. The intro action sequence is nothing like the game past the intro, which personally I was bummed about. The beginning felt like a modern take on old platform shooting games. The style switched to open world after the first boss and I was like wtf, but it’s still good. I went in blind and it just wasn’t the game I thought it was is all. The character is cool, has good music and fun fights. Also make sure you self destruct.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
And after you can play from a different perspective to iron out the stories - it's hard to explain and I do not want to ruin anything but you will love it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
nier automata is one of those games you either love or hate, hard to really say without playing

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
nier, Nier 360 is now BC on xbox and runs at 60 fps on series X/S, $20 just listed today so no sale yet

i own nier replicant (ps4) but haven't played it yet, i know its the "remaster / remake" of this game but whenever I play this i'll probably install this one too just so I can sorta see the differences
I want to say there is a different story between Neir and Replicant, but it could simply be the different MC's.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I want to say there is a different story between Neir and Replicant, but it could simply be the different MC's.
The primary difference, if I remember correctly, is you're Yonah's father in Nier Gestalt (the xbox version), but in Nier Replicant (playstation and now remade version), you are her brother.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
nier replicant is 50% off on psn and xbox, $30

almost tempted but ive still got a long way to go for the Elden Ring plat and then probably play HFW

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
nier replicant is 50% off on psn and xbox, $30

almost tempted but ive still got a long way to go for the Elden Ring plat and then probably play HFW
So…buy it while on sale and wait until you’re ready to play it? It’s not like the game has an expiration date.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
nah, my rule nowadays is never buy a game unless i am 100% gonna play the same day, these kinda games just show up on gamepass eventually

ironically though nier automata left gamepass today after being on there a year, but i plat'd it a while back. loved the game, but i've heard replicant isn't quite as good either, makes sense its a remaster of a much older game.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Picked up Nier Replicant for PS4 on sale for 20 bucks. Good game so far, just wish there was a patch for load times on PS5.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
This might be some kind of viral marketing to announce a new nier game. This user posted a month ago on reddit asking how to open the church in the game which doesnt exist. Didnt get too much attention. Starting post videos of this new area a few days ago and caused the nier reddit to go insane.