Nightflyers

Goatface

.mostly left hanging for what I assume is another season, but I'll be surprised if it gets renewed.

season avg 395k and 0.09 in the demo

S3 of Dark Mater 0.15 demo and 614k total
S3 of the Expanse 0.18 demo and 606k

i have not been able to find any numbers but Netflix is sizable partner in the show
seem posts saying it could be on Netflix USA very soon

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
on ep 4 now. and its just. "alright".

I think the first thing that disappoints me a bit is, its just all too nuts.
"first contact mission with alien race, in a desperate attempt to save humanity" ok, let send a single ship, with a small crew of half sociopaths, half suicidal people. A secret homicidal A.I. controlling the ship. A bunch of crew that don't know each other. are actively hostile to each other. Everyone with their own secret mission, directly lying to each other constantly. A homicidal mind-controlling Psychic..

oh, ok. well I can't imagine why this mission went wrong.

probe teleports into bedroom. "dont tell the captain" why... why would you do that?
Homicidal A.I. randomly kills person #6. oh, well. lets keep going on about our business. Why the hell are they so blasé about that this? How is the remotely acceptable and not suddenly your top priority on fixing? Alien probe is a pretty big deal sure. but, it doesn't matter much when the ship you are living on in SPACE, is trying to kill you. Cause guess what, it doesn't have to try very hard, considering its the only thing keeping you alive in space in the first place.

like, look at Alien. a proper horror movie in space. Characters are believable and hunted by something beyond them.
Or, even Lost in space remake, which is not a horror movie. But does show a, "everything that can go wrong, does", including human betrayal, etc. But its not a shotgun of "this shit is retarded".
This however is like Prometheus.

everyone is really stupid and mentally insane in the future. literally earth's best and brightest there.

• 1Like

Goatface

Nightflyers: Cancelled by Syfy; No Season Two for George RR Martin Series
The first season of Nightflyers averaged a 0.09 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 395,000 viewers. The show ran for 10 episodes over the course of two weeks in December 2018. Compared to other Syfy programs, it was a mediocre performer.

According to Deadline, Nightflyers was conceived as an ongoing series but the cable channel has concluded it is best left as a one-off limited series (despite having ended with a cliffhanger). The cast’s options have expired.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This show was the reason they dropped The Expanse right?

Yet another bad decision from the SyFy channel.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Was this even worth watching? Was excited about it, but sounded crazy disappointing?

• 1Like

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Was this even worth watching? Was excited about it, but sounded crazy disappointing?
it was alright. I don't feel like I wasted my time.

EDIT: Looks like the show was canceled, so I guess I DID waste my time...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Watched this recently. Penultimate and last episodes were terrible and even worse considering the cliffhanger and cancellation.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
This was interesting, very well shot and the sets are fantastic though the cgi is mediocre in parts, and very well acted. however there is whole lot of... questionable writing involved.

6.5 - “I know what I hate... and I don’t hate this”

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I did feel like I wasted my time watching this. The first two episodes were ok in setting up but the rest was a total mess. The spore baby - why? the dad losing his mind and going Jack Torrance.. why? The meat probe, why? The cannibal ship was completely unrelated to the whole thing and felt like they decided to inject an episode of star trek into it for no obvious reason.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Started out alright then went off the rails. Almost everything nearing the end was fuckin' stupid. Definitely the aussie guy going nuts all of a sudden then back to normal as soon as the plot required him to.

• 1Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
space_madness.jpg

If these people are humanity's last hope... They were all bat shit bonkers ass crazy before they left the planet. Someone at Syfy better have lost their job for choosing this over Expanse.

Production values are top notch. Some of it was pretty cool, but they tried to do way too much.