Nobuo Uematsu wants to make a 2D Final Fantasy VI-type game

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nobuo Uematsu Wants To Make A 2D RPG With The Final Fantasy VI Team - Siliconera

giphy.gif

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hope it is 100 hours long with the most replayability ever. Cause it has to last for another few decades.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah and ideally you don't get to see the title screen until 15 hours in and finally the opening credits at about the 40 hour mark, right around a pivotal shift in the story. Somewhere between 15 - 250 unique characters and a different ending depending on who you saved / recruited and had in your final 6 parties (other guys flying the airship) needed to finish the last dungeon.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Make sure that every character can learn every spell so that all of the characters are the same at the end of the game.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Make sure that every character can learn every spell so that all of the characters are the same at the end of the game.
They had a unique skill/mechanic each. Though I'll agree the "class" system in FF6 wasn't the strong point, it could have done with a more traditional job system, or more depth to their unique traits. Still for most of the game you had unique characters, the only time you reached "everyone is the same" is when you started grinding way past what you needed for the story. Which I guess could be pretty early if you were in that mindset.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'll care when someone makes a Final Fantasy Tactics sequel that doesn't suck.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
So he wants to boot up RPG maker for a weekend and knock a ff6 clone out?

Sounds great!