Nocturnal Animals (2016)

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've watched it twice and I've failed to find any obvious connected messages in it, not that I've really tried.

Enjoyed it both times just due to how well it's made, the characters, and the truly great performances.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
IRL, she left him and aborted his kid. He wrote the story using symbolism to express those feelings of losing your family, but then turned it into a revenge story. IRL, his revenge was getting Adams all moist as fuck then standing her up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
IRL, she left him and aborted his kid. He wrote the story using symbolism to express those feelings of losing your family, but then turned it into a revenge story. IRL, his revenge was getting Adams all moist as fuck then standing her up.

Yeah I tried to connect it like that, but that seems like such empty, sorry revenge compared to what she did to him. Just didn't seem like enough.

Edit - like he lost his "kid" and wife in the story, easy parallel. But what do the two/three guys represent? He only had one guy to be "mad" at over the whole issue. And how does a cop dying of cancer fit in any of it?? I guess I could do some google fu but whatev,

Anyway, like Dom said, it was a very gripping movie regardless, glad I watched it.

Fedor

<Banned>
I went in fully expecting to fats forward most of it, but it drew me in.

great opening credits

16197612-7259975-image-a-28_1563436099741.jpg

Tess-Holliday-4.jpg

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I tried to connect it like that, but that seems like such empty, sorry revenge compared to what she did to him. Just didn't seem like enough.

Edit - like he lost his "kid" and wife in the story, easy parallel. But what do the two/three guys represent? He only had one guy to be "mad" at over the whole issue. And how does a cop dying of cancer fit in any of it?? I guess I could do some google fu but whatev,

Anyway, like Dom said, it was a very gripping movie regardless, glad I watched it.
It's subtle, but he fucked her up pretty bad. He manipulated her, got her into to him to the point she was willing to blow up her shitty relationship she was in, and got her emotionally invested in a sort of retelling of his emotional state when she left him. Now he's going to have the life she wanted, and she knows it, and she wants in, but he rejected her. At least, that's my read on her. She let herself be pushed into this life of excess, abandoning our boy Jake, and she got everything she thought she wanted, but it was empty. So Jake will now defy the predictions that he wouldn't be successful etc, and she's self aware enough to realize that she fucked up and she wants at least a chance at getting that back, but Jake isn't having it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm

In retaliation, our boy Jake implemented the DNNIS system (he skipped the E)

serveimage

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users