Nosgoth

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Link

Yep, the rumors were true; they're bringing back Legacy of Kain!

...as a f2p multiplayer arena battle game.

*sigh*I suppose this may be the precursor to them properly resurrecting the series, but at the moment this looks like someone decided to bring back an IP while fundamentally misunderstanding everything that made that IP great.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Sounds like the same bullshit that happened to the Shadowrun IP years ago. Whether it's a good game or not is irrelevant. There's zero reason to abuse a well-known IP just to get people to notice your game.

ramp

Silver Knight of the Realm
I believe quite abit of stuff was for a single player game which got scrapped, and converted into multiplayer instead.
Regardless, quite fun to play, will be interesting to see how they will do the f2p concept.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Having seen some videos, it does look quite fun; and looking at the website, it looks like these devs are aware of the lore of the previous games, and are making a good effort to make this game fit in well with the greater story. I might actually pick this up when it releases.

That said, I'm still going to be pretty pissed off if this doesn't turn out to be a prelude to them doing a proper, narrative-focused, LoK game in the future - either a sequel, or (more likely, at this point) a remake/reboot of the original games.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
PEBULE-307-JAXABO-011
TANODA-757-BAJOPU-026
VAXODA-377-BOZADO-005
Thank you for participating in the ongoing Closed Beta test for Nosgoth! As a token of appreciation for playing Nosgoth while it is still in early development, we?re sending you 3 unique Beta Keys to share with your friends.

To redeem their Nosgoth key, your friends will need to follow the simple steps below:
1. Go toNosgoth - Home
2. Click the ?Redeem Your Key? button
3. Enter the exclusive 18-digit access key as prompted

As soon as your friends have redeemed their keys, they will be able to play Nosgoth and join you in the brutal war between Humans and Vampires!

Vae Victus!

gl hf bros

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah played it a few times this weekend, it's ok but it seems to be doing poorly already and to be fair their matchmaking looks like fucking garbage so that wasn't particularily a well chosen time for a free weekend. The F2P aspect isn't too bad, you unlock the first few classes fairly quick and the items and shit are like sidegrades/different role kind of stuff instead of being upgrades, so you don't really lose a whole lot from playing with the default setups.

Has a really fucking annoying bug for me though where the game basically freeze everytime a match starts after the countdown in lobby, but never crashes if I join a game that's already started, so basically I have to leave/join lobbies until I find a started one to play.

Content looks very much on the light side, I guess small studio but meh, for a F2P game that makes its money out of the content they produce, that sounds like a pretty bad deal, and making everything relatively accessible is nice for the player but who actually spends money then.

The vampire classes are really fun to play though. The movement especially is great and something that generally is way fucked up in FPS and shit. You move extremely smoothly up walls, jump between buildings and do massive leaps or fly around, all very easily.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
ive been playing this on and off since early on in alpha, game just keeps getting better not an amazing game but its definintley fun.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Played a bunch this weekend and it was enough fun for me to buy the half price founder pack to be able to continue to play. I wish their party system worked though, that was the only frustration I had.

The game is like 4ish months away from when they want to do their open beta and I know they are planning more classes, which I would imagine would be out by open beta time (along with more maps or modes)

Game was fun enough for me to support though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I just started playing this last night after watching my roommate play it for about a week or so. It's pretty enjoyable, I'm surprised there aren't more people playing it considering it's like $5.00 on Steam right now.

Steam Community :: Zaide

Add me if you decide to play, I suck though so be aware.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Meh, why is it sad to hear? Game was mediocre at best and a waste of the Legacy of Kain world.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I actually had a LOT of fun playing the game. Only when playing with friends though, it had my favorite VS type gamemode (that wasn't a moba or fps) since L4D.

Doesn't entirely surprise me it's shutting down though, especially since they didn't... really do anything with the game.