NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
According to Youtube larper Moores Law is Dead, Nvidia is artificially choking supply, and that they have many thousands of 3080's and 3090's ready to ship once Big Navi is closer to release.
Thank you Jensen

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
If they choke up on the supply any more they're gonna David Carradine.

• 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
According to Youtube larper Moores Law is Dead, Nvidia is artificially choking supply, and that they have many thousands of 3080's and 3090's ready to ship once Big Navi is closer to release.
That wouldn't make any fucking sense. You wouldn't want to risk people just waiting and switching.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Thank you Jensen
You should remodel your kitchen in his honor.

99E0E973-E44F-4C43-B86B-DE4498B698FA.jpeg

• 1Worf

Fadaar

That guy
That wouldn't make any fucking sense. You wouldn't want to risk people just waiting and switching.

If anything they're better off dumping it ASAP to get the money now in case AMD magically blows them out of the water

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Agree that doesn’t make sense. Taking peoples money and providing them with the product they want is going to deprive your competition of more sales. Just building inventory for scalpers to take and leave consumers with a handful of money the day your competition releases isn’t smart.

• 1Like

nu_11

The titan level of cards have never "made sense". They don't have to, it's pure enthusiast level faffery.
It doesn’t make sense for retarded gamers like you

It does make sense for productivity work where you need the extra RAM—e.g., deep learning

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It doesn’t make sense for retarded gamers like you

It does make sense for productivity work where you need the extra RAM—e.g., deep learning
Aren’t the dedicated workstation cards with 48gb ram that can SLI way better?

I guess price for performance is much better with the 3090. I just have a coworker that said they weren’t even close to the workstation cards he uses, but they were expensive as hell.

Last edited:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Well, maybe I'll just hang on to this 1080 ti for another year and see how this all shakes out.

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Agree that doesn’t make sense. Taking peoples money and providing them with the product they want is going to deprive your competition of more sales. Just building inventory for scalpers to take and leave consumers with a handful of money the day your competition releases isn’t smart.

Not sure where i saw it - maybe it was here, but someone commented on it being a way to know just how much they can price the Ti line when it comes out. They KNOW people are paying over 2k for the 24GB card - so the 20GB cards can safely go up another 200 or so without any real gains - then the Ti line with 20GB can be like 150 less than a 3090? less VRAM but more performance in other areas? Who knows - but end of the day they know mfers will pay out the ass for their cards.

The only hope is AMD comes through in a big way

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You can't even see more than 20 FPS, that's why they call it 20/20 vision.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
The only AMD gpu I've owned was whichever one came out right before the 680, and it was super loud, the drivers blew, tons off problems. I returned it and bought a 680

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The only AMD gpu I've owned was whichever one came out right before the 680, and it was super loud, the drivers blew, tons off problems. I returned it and bought a 680

Think i was all Radeon after the Geforce 2 or 3 - stayed with Radeon till that R9 Fury or something - Thinking back the drivers were an issue i just never paid it much attention

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Got one in a parts computer. I fried a GPU long time ago before next day delivery with Amazon. All Best Buy had in stock. It's never really been gamed on but it is loud.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why does that man have over a dozen silicone spatulas?
It’s part of Nvidia’s “No Silicone Left Behind” initiative where they turn silicone waste from the production lines into something useful.

• 1Like