NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
TSMC's capacity is 100% booked which is why they had to go to Samsung
I don't believe that. Nvidia, AMD and Apple have booked all capacity.

Nvidia even pre-booked the TSCM 5nm node.

EDIT: Ah, I forgot the money quote:
'RetiredEngineer' on Twitter tweeted out the DigiTimes report, nothing that NVIDIA "previously underestimated the effect of AMD embracing TSMC, and made some errors in its own plans for migrating to advanced nodes. Moving to Samsung and wavering in its TSMC strategy, only to be go back to TSMC later, NVIDIA was unable to secure enough 7nm capacity, resulting in AMD grabbing the limelight, eroding NVIDIA's brand value, and increase its own market share for GPUs".

It's entirely NVidias fault.

Last edited:

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't believe that.
Uhh why? Do you think Nvidia is lying to you when they say their 3000 series is made on 8nm in Samsung's fab?

Samsung's 8nm process is without a doubt inferior to TSMC's 7nm(its part of the reason why theres no supply, very high defect rate). The only reason why Nvidia went with Samsung is because they couldnt get them made at TSMC. Even AMD is supply constrained because they cant get out of TSMC.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The only reason why Nvidia went with Samsung is because they couldnt get them made at TSMC.
That's the thing I don't believe. See above: Nvidia wavered with TSMC orders and went with Samsung because they are cheaper, then they couldn't book enough at TSMC and it bit them in the ass.

They already had a deal with TSMC for the GA100, they were just cheapskates for the consumer/gamer cards.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Maybe they just don't ship to RI because the place legit sucks
It's nice like 4 months out of the year. Sorta.

EDIT: Unless you mean the north half of the state, that place sucks all the fucking time and twice on Sundays.
EDIT2: (Minus a select few bakeries and pizza establishments.)

Last edited:

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Any time I drove into Raytheon I had to go exactly the speed limit because you guys have 1900 cops on that road

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Any time I drove into Raytheon I had to go exactly the speed limit because you guys have 1900 cops on that road
It's even worse now; one of the 3 pot stores in the state is like 2 minutes north of of the Raytheon campus.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It's even worse now; one of the 3 pot stores in the state is like 2 minutes north of of the Raytheon campus.
I think I saw that place. Always wondered what it was, but just assumed pot. Massachusetts is fully legal so they're everywhere here and not so camouflaged

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ladro

Anomaly
Just got notified that Amazon had EVGA FTW3’s, clicked buy now immediately and got fucked, no card added to cart or any notice at all of failure after trying a couple times. Now completely gone. This is just dumb.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
With the performance of the 3090 being so shitty and close to a 3080, I don't know why people would think a 20GB 3080 is going to be anything substantial

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
With the performance of the 3090 being so shitty and close to a 3080, I don't know why people would think a 20GB 3080 is going to be anything substantial

Unless something will change it will just a 3080 with more ram and marked up $200?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's what I think. I guess making the 3080 more "future proof" for 4k gaming? I think it's just a gimmick though

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Gf doesnt game, i want to get her a 3070 or AMD 6900, may need to downgrade from my CX to something else since WoW@4k seems more demanding at max settings than my other titles even on a 3090. Ofcourse the titles actually play are quite limited and im sure there are more factors but yet and still at 4k in Dazar'alor i was getting 70-105 or so. I guess that isnt terrible since im on a 3600 still but its the lowest of the games i play and would be putting quite a bit of time into eventually.

Also oddly a ton of ppl in nvidia discord got cards last week off BB vs the repeated times on Nvidia own website, if things keep up like this i feel scalper prices will start to decline much quicker.