NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'll be going with an AMD - first time since I had an R7 260 (I think?). Mostly just to spite Nvidia and their bullshit. I really don't even care if the performance is slightly less and driver issues are bad (I dealt with AMD drivers in early 2000s, my body is ready). For me, this is all about doing what I can to give a middle finger to Nvidia.

Yea that's about where I'm at. Nvidia scrambled to a paper launch just to pre-empt AMD because they knew they had actual competition this generation and they still can't produce anywhere near a useful amount of cards.

They can get fucked.

• 6Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 6 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yea that's about where I'm at. Nvidia scrambled to a paper launch just to pre-empt AMD because they knew they had actual competition this generation and they still can't produce anywhere near a useful amount of cards.

They can get fucked.

Feel like I'm doing the same thing. Only problem is I am a huge EVGay and don't know the corresponding AMD partner to go with (on the assumption there won't be an EVGA AMD card).

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Any AMD eggheads that can give all us Nvidia plebs a run down of which companies to go for and which to avoid once their cards release?

Xexx Xexx ? You’ve owned every card from every company in the last few years, what info you have for us?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So back in the day it was definitely XFX & Sapphire. XFX had this insane warranty. Back in college, when I worked at Fry's people would buy the dead XFX display units and RMA them to XFX. I don't remember the details but I believe there was something like a transferable 5 year warranty or something.

Sapphire has apparently always had solid build quality.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Any AMD eggheads that can give all us Nvidia plebs a run down of which companies to go for and which to avoid once their cards release?

Xexx Xexx ? You’ve owned every card from every company in the last few years, what info you have for us?

From my research after posting the same question it seems like the list was Sapphire and XFX.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I always bought Sapphire and XFX back in the early to mid 2000's as a broke college student and they always worked great.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I’m resigned to not getting a card until next summer anyway so fuck it
One thing I learned from nvidia's launch was... Try to get a card but no reason to go too crazy. I'll try launch day then just keep tabs

• 2Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm sure there is gonna be shit for stock while scalpers speculate. I assume these cards are still good for mining and that people still do that?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
One thing I learned from nvidia's launch was... Try to get a card but no reason to go too crazy. I'll try launch day then just keep tabs
Yeah I’m a pretty patient person. I have no problem waiting for however long to get something. Any of my rage about not getting one is just rage at general incompetence and lying by a big company, not the fact I don’t have what I want. It’s not really even rage, just annoyance. It’s not a big deal in the grand scheme of life. My gimpy card is fine, I don’t really care. I’ll get one when I get one. 🤷‍♂️

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If true about the AMD bench tests im just glad Nvidia finally has some competition again, this is nothing but good news for the consumer.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nvidia getting scared? Just emailed me this.

923CB78A-9ED3-4DAD-9D21-B85FDBE28636.jpeg