Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was able to checkout but cancelled it. Just wanted to feel the rush

Use the best buy app not the site

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I made it to checkout a few times but it always said no longer available for shipping on clicking confirm. reeeee etc etc

spronk

FPS noob
if you are really desperate for a FE i'd get the 3080 from stockX

you should be easily able to buy one for under $1200, which is obviously a markup over $699 MSRP but after taxes, free shipping, etc its really only a $400 or so markup which is probably better than you'll find elsewhere. Pretty safe too, the seller has to send to StockX first, they verify its legit, release the payment to seller, then send to you.

or just wait until ?? when its on shelves everywhere

I was able to checkout but cancelled it. Just wanted to feel the rush

Use the best buy app not the site

same, i bought a 3080 FE yesterday and cancelled a few mins later, had a 3070 today but didn't finalize. no real desire to game on my PC anymore and zero desire to resell these things, 5 minutes playing with stock market and you make way more money

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Cause I need a new fuckin video card lol? The fuck else am I gonna do, buy a shitty used 2080?

Go outside until you can buy AMD?...

I don't understand why you would want to give money to a company that treats you like shit.

AMD is and has been clawing at market share for years.

You want competition? You want the companies to value your support?

Buy AMD. Or quit bitching.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
amd cards will have the same problem, i don't think you really understand there are thousands of resellers who run bots that snatch up as much of this inventory as possible the second its released. Its gonna require excess inventory for the prices to stabilize at MSRP, i doubt AMD will provide that for a few months at least. I was sitting in a discord with at least 20 resellers all manually hammering best buy trying to buy, a few got through. theres gotta be dozens of discords like that, and sites like amazon, best buy, any shopify site, newegg, etc have scripts that can auto checkout.

3070s are selling on ebay right now for $900-999 in seconds, thats basically double your money for 10 minutes of effort

• 1WTF

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Go outside until you can buy AMD?...

I don't understand why you would want to give money to a company that treats you like shit.

AMD is and has been clawing at market share for years.

You want competition? You want the companies to value your support?

Buy AMD. Or quit bitching.
lol at people who think it'll be any easier to buy an AMD card.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All depends on if amd has more than 1000 cards available worldwide. I mean only a shit company would do that on launch day

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got mine from the Best Buy website, will use it not re-sell it though. I have an old 980 still. I do want to try AMD this cycle and if their $999 Big Navi gets good reviews I'll buy that one and drop the 3070 into the visual pinball machine I'm building.

20201029_084338.jpg

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
spronk spronk

I understand it perfectly. I just don't give a shit.

Most of us are adults, if you can't handle waiting a little while to OMFGWTFBBQ video games at the OMFGWTFBBQ MAX SETTINGS... Then you are a fucking loser.

Buying from resellers is pathetic, and buying from companies that actively try to treat you like shit is pathetic.

Waiting until January to redo my gaming rig will not impact me at all. Hell, prolly be better if I threw the whole thing in the trash and have up gaming.

Watching this was interesting, then funny, now it's just sad.

I expect that from Mist Mist but the rest of you need to develop a spine and be willing to take a few months of not having the bleeding edge tech to preserve some form of dignity.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have 200 dollars back on 500 spent offer and I just want to fucking use it before it expires.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
spronk spronk

I understand it perfectly. I just don't give a shit.

Most of us are adults, if you can't handle waiting a little while to OMFGWTFBBQ video games at the OMFGWTFBBQ MAX SETTINGS... Then you are a fucking loser.

Buying from resellers is pathetic, and buying from companies that actively try to treat you like shit is pathetic.

Waiting until January to redo my gaming rig will not impact me at all. Hell, prolly be better if I threw the whole thing in the trash and have up gaming.

Watching this was interesting, then funny, now it's just sad.

I expect that from Mist Mist but the rest of you need to develop a spine and be willing to take a few months of not having the bleeding edge tech to preserve some form of dignity.
Ok, so you don't need the card now - but there are others that genuinely do. They made poor choices building and counting on getting a GPU day 1, but still the point stands.

How will your opinion change when come January you still cannot get a 30-series (or AMD)?

• 1Like

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Ok, so you don't need the card now - but there are others that genuinely do. They made poor choices building and counting on getting a GPU day 1, but still the point stands.

How will your opinion change when come January you still cannot get a 30-series (or AMD)?
You're an adult, go pick up another hobby to tide you over?

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

Let's be real, nobody "needs" a GPU.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I'm going to have to update my rage level chart for this thread again aren't I?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
As if parents have time for that shit
I'm a parent and understand the time constraint, but having alternative hobbies isn't hard. It's hard to do them all at once though.

I rotate between video games, miniature painting, board gaming, 3D printing, guns. Used to do beer brewing, movies, reading. It's easy to do one hobby in your spare time, multiple...impossible. Just don't have enough time as a parent.

Edit: Forgot guns. Also, having a lot of hobbies can be expensive but...point is, be an adult, be patient, find other interests.

Last edited:
  • 1Like